Patong taxi driver found dead in Phuket room

rooster59

Patong taxi driver found dead in Phuket room

1499499405_1-org.jpg

Police inspect the room in Kathu yesterday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a Patong taxi driver who was found dead in his rented room in Kathu yesterday (July 7).

Officers were called to the room, located off Soi Sikor (behind the Sikor Market, near the Caltex petrol station) at about 7am after a neighbour found the body, identified as that of Athon Pinitsakul, 59, a “green plate” taxi (commercial passenger vehicle) driver at Patong.

“I walked past Athon’s room and saw the door was open a bit. I called out to him, but got no answer. I opened the door and saw Athon on the bed, so I called the police immediately,” the neighbour told police.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-taxi-driver-found-dead-in-phuket-room-62946.php#hpKD7TOouVmpoCFG.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-08

“We found three fresh wounds at his back of his head. We cannot confirm what caused these wounds, but they are consistent with wounds caused by being struck by a hard object."

“The room showed no signs that it had been robbed, and it is possible that Mr Athon fell and tried crawl his way onto the bed."

Ahhh, so, he fell three times whilst making his way to bed, and then died.  Really????

And prior to this, he left his door open.  Really????

Sounds like the killer was known to him to me.

But, a lot let paperwork in a "slip and fall" X 3, as the cause of death. 

Edited by NamKangMan

19 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

“The room showed no signs that it had been robbed, and it is possible that Mr Athon fell and tried crawl his way onto the bed."

Ahhh, so, he fell three times whilst making his way to bed, and then died.  Really????

No, they didnt say that he did fall over, they merely stated it was a possibility

9 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Ohhhh, yes, a "possibility" that has no "possibility" of being possible. 

It is a possibility though , he may have been very drunk, stumbled over hit his head, crawled into bed and suffered a blot clot, which killed him .

I am not saying that is what happened, its just a possibility

Just now, dunroaming said:

It is also a possibility he was hit by a low flying pig..... but not likely.

No it isnt a possibility. as pigs cannot fly .

There would be absolutely no possibility of him getting hit by a law flying pig

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It is a possibility though , he may have been very drunk, stumbled over hit his head, crawled into bed and suffered a blot clot, which killed him .

I am not saying that is what happened, its just a possibility

Are you suggesting he fell over, 3 times, before making it to bed, and none of these injuries were the cause of death?

Obviously, we would need to know the extend of those head injuries, but have you considered, 3 slip and falls, all causing injury to the head, is just too much of a coincidence????

Edited by NamKangMan

5 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Are you suggesting he fell over, 3 times, before making it to bed, and none of these injuries were the cause of death?

No, if you read my post , I quite clearly said that I am not suggesting that it happened, just that its a possibility that it may have happened like than .

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, if you read my post , I quite clearly said that I am not suggesting that it happened, just that its a possibility that it may have happened like than .

"but they are consistent with wounds caused by being struck by a hard object" - well, wounds being consistent with being hit in the head with a hard object, and a dead body.

If I was the doctor doing the autopsy, I would put looking for a blood clot down the list in my forensic investigation.   

11 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"but they are consistent with wounds caused by being struck by a hard object" - well, wounds being consistent with being hit in the head with a hard object, and a dead body.

If I was the doctor doing the autopsy, I would put looking for a blood clot down the list in my forensic investigation.   

Yes, but they will need to establish whether a hard object hit his head, or whether his head hit a hard object

Most probably a hard object hit his head, BUT, it is possible that his head hit a hard object