Faced with arrest for Phuket woman’s murder, German man slashes own throat

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Being arrested doesn't say much but trying to cut you own throat seems a rather extreme course of action for someone who knows they're innocent. On the other hand if you know you're guilty it starts to make more sense. 

Also, based on the reports in this thread he hasn't been charged yet, just arrested. 

The only explanation for that action, other than him being guilty, would be that he somehow got to learn that she was dead before the police arrived, and that he was in an extremely emotional/unstable state of mind.

Edited by Sirbergan
added "of mind" to "state"

2 hours ago, fish monger said:

Do you have evidence to your statement...? Can you point them out to us so we can walk on the other side of the street should we see one coming...?

just walk around pattaya you cant miss them

5 hours ago, Deli said:

If he killed her, what might have him driven to do so ?

Many times men have control issues. And when they cannot completely control the woman, and especially if she walks and finds another man. Then their final way of controlling the woman is to kill her.....or the wack jobs in India and London disfigure them with acid. Now nobody will want them. Bloody pathetic people. Instead of dealing with their own issues they project them onto others. Everybody loses.

5 hours ago, Penicillin said:

Your quite right, but then, I don't think anyone is accusing him of having a high IQ . 

Or of any IQ!! Loser! :post-4641-1156693976:

RIP Picha Nampadung and condolences to your family and friends.

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

Many times men have control issues. And when they cannot completely control the woman, and especially if she walks and finds another man. Then their final way of controlling the woman is to kill her.....or the wack jobs in India and London disfigure them with acid. Now nobody will want them. Bloody pathetic people. Instead of dealing with their own issues they project them onto others. Everybody loses.

Or, it could be a little more pragmatic.

Imagine coming home and the little woman tells you she's drained your bank account, forged your signature and sold your house and car, maxed out your credit cards, used your name to co-sign on a 5 million baht loan, forged your signature so your business now belongs to her "brother"- who, BTW will be moving in to the bedroom once you've removed your junk.  Oh, and you should probably go down to the free clinic and get tested for HIV.

I don't have a clue what prompted the guy to go haywire.  And I'm not condoning murder for any reason.  But I'm not going to judge the guy until some more facts are in.

5 hours ago, YaiJung said:

If he can convince the courts it was an accident he might only do a few years.  Ron Fanelli, despite being caught red-handed with a chopped up bargirl in a suitcase,  did only 5 yrs and is now out, free as a bird back home in the USA where nobody knows what he did. 

Not quite 'red handed'  the suitcase was found a couple of days later.

Fanelli got off so lightly, quite disgusting.

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or, it could be a little more pragmatic.

Imagine coming home and the little woman tells you she's drained your bank account, forged your signature and sold your house and car, maxed out your credit cards, used your name to co-sign on a 5 million baht loan, forged your signature so your business now belongs to her "brother"- who, BTW will be moving in to the bedroom once you've removed your junk.  Oh, and you should probably go down to the free clinic and get tested for HIV.

I don't have a clue what prompted the guy to go haywire.  And I'm not condoning murder for any reason.  But I'm not going to judge the guy until some more facts are in.

Whatever is the reason IS NOT an excuse!

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

Whatever is the reason IS NOT an excuse!

Maybe not, but would you let someone get away with stealing your kids' college money and their inheritance?  I'm not saying he did the right thing (if he even did it at all), but I could sure understand the urge.  

And it would have nothing to do with jealousy or feelings of inadequacy...

9 hours ago, catman20 said:

1000s like him here 

Probably means there are 1000s like him in Phuket. So sad that this stunning young lady had to die a violent death at the hands of a deranged Farang! I was hoping that they had eloped and there would be a happy ending, no such luck! She is dead and discarded like so much rubbish and he will hopefully rot in jail until he dies! Scum of the earth!

However, lads, none of us at this time are in a position to know the total story regarding the reasons for the deterioration of their relationship. I would venture to say that many of us who have been here for a long time have been in a mindset where we considered throwing our "truly beloved" off of a high balcony ! Good looks do not necessarily mean a beautiful personality.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

He seems to own a property back home , would it be acceptable if he sold that, gave the money to the parents and then got a reduced sentence ? 

It would only be possible when he has the backing of a powerful law abiding government like USA, as in the case of Raymond Davis who got away with 2 murders after paying blood money.

My bet is steroids as being the cause and possibly poor anger management. How many "rage" incidents we've unfortunately read here. Poor young woman...to read about these innocent lives that are cut short makes my heart break.This world needs a major correction of sorts- too much violence and  evil. May she RIP. My condolences for any of her family.

6 hours ago, midasthailand said:

Probably means there are 1000s like him in Phuket. So sad that this stunning young lady had to die a violent death at the hands of a deranged Farang! I was hoping that they had eloped and there would be a happy ending, no such luck! She is dead and discarded like so much rubbish and he will hopefully rot in jail until he dies! Scum of the earth!

And many more 1000s in Bangkok.

I know of a couple who are having serious troubles, as we speak.  He's a Brit, she's Thai. Both in their 50's.  Married 2 years.  They've both agreed to break up, but are waiting for a house to sell.  He paid for the house and improvements, tho she's threatening to take all the proceeds of the sale.  You've heard the story before, I'm sure.  However, they're compelled to live together for the next weeks, until the sale is finalized. 

He tells me his life is hell.  He's probably no sweetie either.  She won't let him use his phone because she's so worried that he'll talk to another woman.  Thus far, it's been vindictive squabbles every waking hour for them.  I'm hoping it won't devolve to serious physical harm.  

There's a lesson in here somewhere.   I think it has to do with;  "be careful who you get entwined with."

I've been single since Carter was prez.  I get lonely and horny sometimes, but compared to the possible problems with marriages, things are fine for me being solo.  I also have a good # of g.f.'s - some paid directly, some indirectly.   If I had a Thai wife, expenditures would be much higher.  To each is own.  

The Brit who murdered his g.f. obviously took it waaaaaaaay too seriously.  Horrible deed.  Maybe he skipped 'Relationship School' the day they taught:  IT'S ALL A GAME.  No mate is worth killing or getting killed for.

Edited by boomerangutang