Trump's son met Russian lawyer after promise of information on Clinton - NY Times

webfact

Donald Trump Jr.’s Two Different Explanations for Russian Meeting

"In less than 24 hours, President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., has given two different explanations for a meeting he held during the 2016 campaign with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer who promised to provide damaging information about Hillary Clinton."

"We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up."

"Mr. Trump’s version of the meeting changed Sunday, when three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it told The Times that Mr. Trump met Ms. Veselnitskaya after she promised to provide damaging information on Mrs. Clinton."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/donald-trump-jrs-two-different-explanations-for-russian-meeting.html?mcubz=1

What a difference a day makes.

What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

The spawn is a chip off the old block that's for sure. :thumbsup:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Hi Im a russian lawyer…i have some damaging information on hillary clinton

wanna meet?

ok just say when and where.

LOL.

And you know what? Yes, the Trump familie want to meet!

You have a other question to ask? 

Russian thrust into Trump campaign scandal unknown at home

"The Russian lawyer who has been thrust into the spotlight following reports of her meeting with President Donald Trump's eldest son was a largely unknown figure until she began to represent the son of a Russian official in a major money-laundering trial."

"A New York Times story over the weekend cited advisers to the White House as saying that Donald Trump Jr., Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort had a meeting in June last year with Veselnitskaya, who promised damaging information about Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/russian-thrust-trump-campaign-scandal-unknown-home-48546540

On 7/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, JHolmesJr said:

well i am sure if the russians had reached out to clinton with some golden shower tapes of trump, that meeting would have happened too.

Losers become hypocrites so fast.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:02 AM, ilostmypassword said:

Well, now that we know you're sure about it, the issue is settled. Do you have any clue as to what constitutes evidence?

Clinton campaign set up website to pay anonymous tipsters for dirt on Trump.

"We’re chasing everything,” Brock told NBC News. That could be internal documents about Trump’s business empire, his tax returns or perhaps something more personal.

Correct the Record, which is allowed to directly coordinate with the Clinton campaign, has set no financial cap on what they’re willing to pay.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/democratic-super-pac-pay-trump-dirt-n648591

I am intrigued to see who this 'lawyer' is?  connected to the Kremlin some would have us believe, maybe on the payroll?   who is he?  does he report back to Putin?  is he a SPY???  let's see shall we?  some of the theories around here are as far fetched as the Yeti, Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot all rolled into one.

How about some FACTS?  who is he?  what are his connections?  does he represent the Russian Government OR is he just a lawyer who happens to be Russian?

Edited by LannaGuy

59 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I am intrigued to see who this 'lawyer' is?

who is he?  

does he report back to Putin?

is he a SPY???

How about some FACTS?  

who is he?  

what are his connections?

does he represent the Russian Government OR is he just a lawyer who happens to be Russian?

Apparently not "intrigued" enough or interested enough in facts or, you would know this primary one: 

Natalia Veselnitskaya is a woman.

As stated in the article this thread/story is based on.

Try doing a little reading instead of hyperventilating on headlines.

Perhaps try doing a little legwork.

Or, are you just expecting everyone else to provide you with the information you need to educate yourself?

May be a pointless exercise anyway, given that it appears you haven't even read the first three sentences of the article here.

:coffee1:

Edited by iReason

50 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I am intrigued to see who this 'lawyer' is?  connected to the Kremlin some would have us believe, maybe on the payroll?   who is he?  does he report back to Putin?  is he a SPY???  let's see shall we?  some of the theories around here are as far fetched as the Yeti, Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot all rolled into one.

How about some FACTS?  who is he?  what are his connections?  does he represent the Russian Government OR is he just a lawyer who happens to be Russian?

Do you just throw yourself into these threads without even trying to find out what the h*!! is being debated?

As iReason pointed out the lawyer in question is a woman!

Now, take a deep breath, wipe the egg off your face and hunker down until the laughter has dies down.

Now the children have had their fun can someone please answer the points I raised? 

I am intrigued to see who this 'lawyer' is?  connected to the Kremlin some would have us believe, maybe on the payroll?   who is she?  does she report back to Putin?  is she a SPY???  let's see shall we?  some of the theories around here are as far fetched as the Yeti, Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot all rolled into one.

How about some FACTS?  who is she?  what are her connections?  does she represent the Russian Government?

EDITED to appease the pedants and apologies for my typo and back on-topic

2 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

Clinton campaign set up website to pay anonymous tipsters for dirt on Trump.

"We’re chasing everything,” Brock told NBC News. That could be internal documents about Trump’s business empire, his tax returns or perhaps something more personal.

Correct the Record, which is allowed to directly coordinate with the Clinton campaign, has set no financial cap on what they’re willing to pay.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/democratic-super-pac-pay-trump-dirt-n648591

LOL….talk about two faced.

16 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I am intrigued to see who this 'lawyer' is?  connected to the Kremlin some would have us believe, maybe on the payroll?   who is she?  does she report back to Putin?  is she a SPY???  let's see shall we?  some of the theories around here are as far fetched as the Yeti, Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot all rolled into one.

How about some FACTS?  who is she?  what are her connections?  does she represent the Russian Government?

Fast turning out to be another nothing burger…another aimless stroll down the boulevard of wishful thinking.

Expect one of these stupid faux "scandals" every month or so….they will never stop crying into their chowder.

17 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Fast turning out to be another nothing burger…another aimless stroll down the boulevard of wishful thinking.

Expect one of these stupid faux "scandals" every month or so….they will never stop crying into their chowder.

Fast turning out to be another nothing burger…

Posting it doesn't make it so.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

we'll see…nothing burgers need to be lovingly prepared…cant rush them.

Yeah, only you claim it's already "fast turning", when in fact, nothing of the sort happened. Quite the opposite.

And let me predict this, when it will turn out that there is meat in this burger, it will be deflected by one of the routine irrelevant talking points. There's nothing much to this supposedly open minded "we'll see" attitude and comments.

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yeah, only you claim it's already "fast turning", when in fact, nothing of the sort happened. Quite the opposite.

And let me predict this, when it will turn out that there is meat in this burger, it will be deflected by one of the routine irrelevant talking points. There's nothing much to this supposedly open minded "we'll see" attitude and comments.

Yup! Any day now we are going to have an outrageous tweet by Trump to divert the media from this story and on to some other Trump engineered BS.

8 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Yup! Any day now we are going to have an outrageous tweet by Trump to divert the media from this story and on to some other Trump engineered BS.

No worries about the inept one's doltish "Tweets".

The wheels of justice will continue turning. :thumbsup:

It's not like Donald Trump Jr. knew that this information came from the Russian Government... oh wait....

Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/world/americas/kremlin-adoptions-sanctions-russia.html

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's not like Donald Trump Jr. knew that this information came from the Russian Government... oh wait....

Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/world/americas/kremlin-adoptions-sanctions-russia.html

Oh it's a 'Kremlin proxy'  any links?  facts?  or are you making it up again?  oh those Evil Russian's!!!   :passifier:

11 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Oh it's a 'Kremlin proxy'  any links?  facts?  or are you making it up again?  oh those Evil Russian's!!!   :passifier:

Nothingburgers taste better with secret kremlin dressing. So secret only rob goldstone knows whats in it

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Nothingburgers taste better with secret kremlin dressing. So secret only rob goldstone knows whats in it

Reds under the Bed chewing those burgers!  they killed Kennedy too you know?  and caused Aids and da worst thing of all they caused the Vietnam war, WW1 and WW2 and now they are tryin' to take over AMERICA!!!  rednecks alert, go get yur guns!   lol

On 7/10/2017 at 10:34 AM, boomerangutang said:

Call me subjective if you want, but I don't think there's fake news coming from mainstream media, except perhaps Fox.  Though even Fox is starting to see the writing on the wall.   The fake news is cavalcading from the Oval Office.  

Rachel Maddow just had a very interesting insight.  She rec'd some documents which looked authentic.  They were from a top security agency in D.C. and showed a Trump operative engaged in nefarious activity.  The Trumpster was named (which aroused doubts of the paper's veracity).   Upon looking very closely at the paper, Rachel and her team determined the 'top secret' paper was fake.   Why would someone send a fake smear story (against Trump's honchos) to Maddow - an avowed journalist/investigator who has revealed lots on Trump's nefarious actions?

Here's what was deduced, and it makes sense to me:   It was a Trump insider who sent the fake 'top secret' dossier to Maddow.  It was hoped that Maddow would use it in her newscast.  Then, soon after, it would be revealed that the story was fake.  That would compel Maddow to quit her job - as happened recently when 3 NY newspaper journalists were compelled to step down re; an article about a Trump operative.  Note, the NY report was not deemed false.  Instead, it was deemed to be based on unsubstantiated sources.  Even so, the 3 veteran journalists resigned.  It was a win for Trump and his fans.   Each journalist they can force out of the game, is one less person who can investigate Trump's many law-breaking activities.

I agree. But I think there are too many mainstream reports that cite sources that are "unnamed". There are also too many "opinions" expressed in reports nowadays as well. Also reporting too much of the same stuff over and over again. I agree that Fox news is the worse.

36 minutes ago, mike324 said:

I agree. But I think there are too many mainstream reports that cite sources that are "unnamed".

Why has this never been a problem until now?  Former FBI Associate Director Mark Felt remained an unnamed source in the Watergate Scandal for more than four decades.  It shouldn't matter whether or not a source is named - the only thing that should matter is whether or not what the source says is true.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, attrayant said:

Why has this never been a problem until now?  Former FBI Associate Director Mark Felt remained an unnamed source in the Watergate Scandal for more than four decades.  It shouldn't matter whether or not a source is named - the only thing that should matter is whether or not what the source says is true.

I think there are too many  reports with "unnamed" sources nowadays that's all, too many opinion pieces as well. Hence its hard for readers to determine what they are reading is true or not.  How would readers know if "unnamed" sources are true? right? there have been so many retractions in the past months.

34 minutes ago, mike324 said:

I think there are too many  reports with "unnamed" sources nowadays that's all, too many opinion pieces as well. Hence its hard for readers to determine what they are reading is true or not.  How would readers know if "unnamed" sources are true? right? there have been so many retractions in the past months.

So many? Really? How many?

Credible news agencies are held accountable for their sources.   The editors will generally be informed of the source and a decision made about whether the source is sufficiently connected to be used.   Also, most credible news agencies will try to check the information with other sources.  

Not naming sources has always been a part of reporting.