Old man left sprawled in the road as "song thaew" driver speeds off to make some more money

webfact

Old man left sprawled in the road as "song thaew" driver speeds off to make some more money

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzU0My8yNzE5NzQ2L25ld3MwOC5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's famed concern for the elderly took a further battering yesterday after an incident where a 93 year old Panat Nikom man fell off the back of a red song thaew.

The driver of the service sped off without waiting for the aged gentleman to fully alight.

He ended up in a heap on the tarmac. Thankfully a passing foundation rescue service came to help giving him first aid then taking him to hospital.

Sanook reporters found Bunchuay in a state of shock in hospital. He said he had boarded the service in Bang Saen to go into Chonburi.

But mid-journey the driver had ordered the passengers off to get on another vehicle while the driver headed back to the rank at the

seaside to get more passengers and make more money.

People at the scene who saw what happened said that the driver raced off without a care for the old man.

Now everyone concerned wants the driver banged to rights and are appealing to the authorities to make him pay for what happened.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-11

Just now, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

If that's as good as Thailand's famed concern for women, or children, or the weak, then the elderly have serious cause to worry.

It's just lip service as most things here are. When I first moved to Thailand people kept saying, "In Thailand we take care of our elders and have close family groups." I thought it weird to say, because in South Africa (And I'm sure in most parts of the world, these are normal things for families to do). Anyway, it didn't take long to notice that what was considered "close" and "caring" here was far removed from my definitions. :coffee1:

Actions speak louder than words: In Thailand there's a lot of inaction, yet many words.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

appealing to the authorities to make him pay for what happened.

only crimes , per se, that i can see is endangering public safety, perhaps operating a vehicle causing harm; sure what he did was immoral; pity greed is not a crime; maybe one of those taxi oversight formal organizations could suspend his license to operate

My wife's story is typical. Left with grandparents, ignored by parents and never helped through any crisis in her life. When she married a Farang, suddenly they want to reconnect, just to ask for "loans". 

Children are just an asset to be exploited, and to be made successful simply to be able to look after their parents in old age.

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

only crimes , per se, that i can see is endangering public safety, perhaps operating a vehicle causing harm; sure what he did was immoral; pity greed is not a crime; maybe one of those taxi oversight formal organizations could suspend his license to operate

Lol you think he has a license. 

Nearly the exact thing happened in Chiang Mai last night with a female Chinese tourist. The baht bus was speeding around a corner and she flew out and tumbled in the intersection right in front of me. Her friend in the truck was eventually able to get the truck to stop near Maya and he drove in reverse to come back to her.

She was scraped up pretty bad. I helped her to the hotel where the staff took over and drove her to RAM hospital for x-rays.

I couldn't believe how fast the truck was going around that corner. She's lucky she didn't get killed by the car behind.