Police in case of "woman in the undergrowth" speak out

webfact

Police in case of "woman in the undergrowth" speak out

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The two Ubon police patrol officers who were first on the scene of the woman found sleeping in the undergrowth last week have spoken to reporters.

The woman - named only as "A" - has complained after her picture was shared on social media. She was shown unconscious some ten meters off the road near the Nikorn Thani market in the north eastern Thai town.

A used condom with sperm inside was reportedly found next to her. She had been out drinking with friends and others and had no idea how she got there.

Yesterday patrol cops Nathaphon Thumpha and Woraset Keela spoke to the press saying they were called along with foundation medics by concerned locals who saw the woman, aged 21.

Woraset said he called out to her but there was no response so he shook her gently. She smiled at him and promptly went back to sleep.

He then shook her again and she asked in a dazed state to be left alone and continue sleeping.

The officers said that she could be in danger and should go home so they pulled her to her feet. Her bag was found nearby and nothing was stolen.

She told the officers she had no recollection of how she got there. She had been out drinking alcohol the night before.

She was then taken to the police station near Lotus.

She was found in this state on July 5th at 9.30am.

A report on whether she was raped is still pending.

But the girl wants people to stop sharing her picture saying adverse comment about her is defamatory.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-11

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

But the girl wants people to stop sharing her picture saying adverse comment about her is defamatory.

I agree with her. The Thai press is very insensitive about peoples privacy. Dead bodies, victims of crime, alleged perpetrators of crime, they all get photoed and end up in the media, with no care for the person involved.

10 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I agree with her. The Thai press is very insensitive about peoples privacy. Dead bodies, victims of crime, alleged perpetrators of crime, they all get photoed and end up in the media, with no care for the person involved.

It sells newspapers.. so why think about others when you can make money off them. 

Women should be free to excercise their right to go out in shorts, get pissed up and find a ditch to sleep in amongst the condoms without being disturbed by police or men with cameras.

It's good to see that she's ready to take anyone to court who might suggest that it doesn't look like she's anything other than a very good and respectable girl.

BTW sharing this picture doesnt sell papers...

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

the police were right in getting her up,

She cannot just sleep beside the highway like that.

Has she lost the plot   ?

I knew some guy years ago back in the UK, he often got really drunk. One of my friends saw him sleeping under a hedge at the side of the road while he was driving to work, I guess he couldn't make it home so just gave up walking and and got his head down for the night.

It happens all the time. Not a big deal really.

Edit : Yhe guy who did this had completely lost the plot but he still plods on, even now.

Edited by ukrules

The girl went out , got drunk and appears to have had sex , consensual or not we do not know.

Leaving the question of rape aside , whats the big deal , why is it newsworthy ?

I certainly wouldn't have liked my face plastered all over the media everytime I got legless , the girl is right to complain.