Briton plunges down Thailand waterfall

webfact

Probably quite accurate, however, there's been a large number of younger people that have died,  for various reasons and in different ways, here in LOS.
It's a jungle out there.

Yes I agree. And a lot of adventurous people die everywhere in the world. To be fair he doesn't seem your typical young "idiot"
He didn't go out alone, he wasn't pissed up, he was not without insurance. He was doing something many do day in day out it seems, only he slipped. It happens. Accidents happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, balo said:

Yes he had travel insurance so this guy will get the best treatment possible in his home county .  He probably paid less than $50 for it .  Without insurance the hospital bill in Thailand could be millions of baht .

the bill will be the same whether he has insurance or not, the difference is that with insurance the insurance company pays :)

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

the bill will be the same whether he has insurance or not, the difference is that with insurance the insurance company pays :)

Haha, once they know you're an 'insurance case' the service you get is very different.

On 11/07/2017 at 9:19 AM, Kasset Tak said:

I like looking at waterfalls... from beneath as I know that it's dangerous climbing on wet rocks! 

Good that he has an insurance that will pay but still an idiot in my eyes for being reckless. The same goes for those people that go on these giant inflated hot dogs, rock climbing or even rent a motorcycle and then have accidents... if you wouldn't do it back home, then don't do it in Thailand as there are even fewer safety measures here!

... or even walking out the front door in the morning....

Hey, it's dangerous out there folks.