Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who by name accepted the suicide finding, no word about it. The mother believes it was murder. Where is the rope from the hanging? Why it was said in the first place, she was lying and covered with old T-shirts? Who covered her? Where are all the smartphone photos from bystanders of the crime location and the police? Thais take photos from everything everywhere all the time. May they be published without taking the risk to disappear just like the Russian girl? No. Why was she cremated so hastily? Where is her phone? Why was this incident kept secret, and the news suppressed for such a long time? Is this a cover up right from the textbook of the RTP? Is there a reason to cover up a real suicide? No! It would not even hurt the reputation of Koh Tao,  a murder case though would do much harm. Now to put one and one together.

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

What they don't understand is media coverage should be the last thing they should examine as most of it is negative for profit.  When media interviews a witness, generally the information is inaccurate.  It's not uncommon to interview 5 eye witnesses and all have different stories and many can't even give an accurate description of a suspect.  Most Police never discuss criminal investigations.

All the inaccurate information and opinions in a forum about a suspect, Police and a country, does more harm than good. Innocent suspects and witnesses have been killed from anger from inaccurate online opinions, including innocent Police Officers especially involving drugs. 

The more said in forums that spread across the world about crime in a country kills tourism and revenue.

"

All the inaccurate information and opinions in a forum about a suspect, Police and a country, does more harm than good. Innocent suspects and witnesses have been killed from anger from inaccurate online opinions, including innocent Police Officers especially involving drugs. "

All the inaccurate information and opinions seem first to come from the police. It is the duty of the media to investigate this - and look for the truth, and the more people in forums and elsewhere will be drawn to do so - if the police does not.

"The more said in forums that spread across the world about crime in a country kills tourism and revenue."

You mean: the more cover ups and inappropriate police work ... the more the world will know and  the more this  kills tourism and revenue of a country.

Forums and media covering is only a symptom of something going very wrong at the source.

Edited by sweatalot

4 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

the rope>

where did she acquire the rope?

And as asked by Shillhater, 'where is it now?'

Two rather important questions.

The rope used for a death by suicide is the most important first step in investigating the suicide and verifying it.  It is always supposed to be cut in the middle, and away from any knots used to fasten it, rather than being unfastened in order to recover the body.  The knots, and how they are tied, are essential evidence used to prove or disprove a suicide.  The rope, and the knots, are evidence, and should be handled and stored for a period of time in accordance with legal procedures in order that a case can be re-examined should further evidence come to light that lays doubt on the original finding.

4 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

The crossing out of her name serves no purpose, there is simply to much other info available in the register to identify her.

We have the first name, nationality, and a visible attempt to disguise the surname. Anybody who was attempting to locate Elise would quickly establish that this is her

If  Elise intention was to hide her identity, would it not be logical to completely erase the whole registration and re-register with a fresh alias, including a change of nationality.

Well, if her luggage that arrived in Chumpon (on the 19/4) was labelled Dallamagne, or an item in her luggage would link her to Dallamage,  it would serve a purpose.  Don't forget, if you buy a ticket with Lomprayah you don't have to show your passport do you? It is not a plane. So there is no way of knowing who is exactly on the boat, it would take a long time to find out. Also don't forget she boarded in Koh Phangan.

So, if she planned a suicide, crossing out her last name could have been the purpose not to trace her down that quickly. I assume nobody knows she left the boat in Koh Tao, and if she then changed her mind (buying another ticket) would explain that event too. The fire, well ....could have been coincidental. 

This case is so weird, that is why I want to see (indisputable) evidence from the RTP about the previous suicide event in BKK like a clear record from the hospital  for example. If she indeed tried to commit suicide before this whole thing becomes 'logical' in a twisted way and I would go with the suicide. 

Edited by Krenjai

Found this on another forum for what its worth.

Death Island.

I had an experience on Ko Tao.  I was on a dive trip there 3 years ago and one night headed down to the beach late and sat in one of the little bars and had a drink.  There weren’t many people in the bar and I noticed two farang girls at another table being somewhat harassed by a young Thai bloke.

Normally I mind my own business in Thailand so I let it go but the guy kept coming back and annoying them and I could see they didn’t like it.  So after the guy had walked away to the other side of the room for the third time I got up and asked the girls to shift to my table, which they did, and we finished up our drinks and I walked them back to their hotel without incident.  The guy was super pissed and stood glaring at us.  

When we got up and left he yelled some obscenities in Thai at me directly. Anyway, long story short, I got up the next morning to go for a jog and grab some breakfast and when I came back the front desk staff told me that three young dudes had come around and showed them a blurry camera photo of me and asked where I was.  

My bravery disappeared and I packed quickly and shot off to the ferry.  I’ve never returned to the island and most definitely won’t for the reason I’m about to highlight.  A friend was there recently and we talked about the murders on the beach.  

He pulled up a picture of the “son of the influential person” who everyone reckons is involved and guess what?  It was the same guy hassling the girls in the bar.  Something is definitely rotten on that island.

11 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Found this on another forum for what its worth.

Death Island.

I had an experience on Ko Tao.  I was on a dive trip there 3 years ago and one night headed down to the beach late and sat in one of the little bars and had a drink.  There weren’t many people in the bar and I noticed two farang girls at another table being somewhat harassed by a young Thai bloke.

Normally I mind my own business in Thailand so I let it go but the guy kept coming back and annoying them and I could see they didn’t like it.  So after the guy had walked away to the other side of the room for the third time I got up and asked the girls to shift to my table, which they did, and we finished up our drinks and I walked them back to their hotel without incident.  The guy was super pissed and stood glaring at us.  

When we got up and left he yelled some obscenities in Thai at me directly. Anyway, long story short, I got up the next morning to go for a jog and grab some breakfast and when I came back the front desk staff told me that three young dudes had come around and showed them a blurry camera photo of me and asked where I was.  

My bravery disappeared and I packed quickly and shot off to the ferry.  I’ve never returned to the island and most definitely won’t for the reason I’m about to highlight.  A friend was there recently and we talked about the murders on the beach.  

He pulled up a picture of the “son of the influential person” who everyone reckons is involved and guess what?  It was the same guy hassling the girls in the bar.  Something is definitely rotten on that island.

Yes sure, as a tourist I would also recognize a Thai guy who I had briefly seen 3 years ago, from a picture.

NEXT

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes sure, as a tourist I would also recognize a Thai guy who I had briefly seen 3 years ago, from a picture.

NEXT

If his behaviour had forced me to cut my vacation short and flee the resort, I would never forget his face.

TRY HARDER. NEXT.

6 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

The crossing out of her name serves no purpose, there is simply to much other info available in the register to identify her.

We have the first name, nationality, and a visible attempt to disguise the surname. Anybody who was attempting to locate Elise would quickly establish that this is her

If  Elise intention was to hide her identity, would it not be logical to completely erase the whole registration and re-register with a fresh alias, including a change of nationality.

Maybe this had been asked, I don't know, but having checked into dozens and dozens of hotels in Thailand and worldwide I have never once written my own name in a hotel register  -  so who can say that she actually crossed out her name...........need a hand writting expert to check it. 

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

NEXT

Although I am personally convinced the  “son of the influential person" was involved in the killings of Hannah & David, I also consider this story fake news. 

On 7/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

Soooo, she buys a ferry ticket, then commits suicide?

I don't have a lot of respect for the BIB, bu they usually come up with something better than this.

It is time to replace them all.

there is a concurrent story about the new police reform committee; was going to sarcastically comment on it when i tried to come up with alternatives and stopped; the 'replace them all' , while being a bit impractical (the transition)  sounds like the best plan

18 hours ago, Krenjai said:

I am personally convinced the  “son of the influential person" was involved in the killings of Hannah & David

a lot of people are on your side on this; and i recall that son was never tested for DNA; hmmmm....

20 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Maybe this had been asked, I don't know, but having checked into dozens and dozens of hotels in Thailand and worldwide I have never once written my own name in a hotel register  -  so who can say that she actually crossed out her name...........need a hand writting expert to check it. 

And didnt have to hand over a passport either.

4 hours ago, Mooner said:

No, virtually everytime I checked into a Thai hotel, be it 1 star or 5 star, I have had to hand over a passport, in Vietnam they actually keep your passport, I always give them an expired passport to keep.

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a lot of people are on your side on this; and i recall that son was never tested for DNA; hmmmm....

Ya mean th one that was 'filmed' on the day of the murders??  Does the BIB have any clue how easy it is to change a date/clock imprint on a video security camera??

6 hours ago, Mooner said:

This makes me think. Until now everybody seems to believe it was her who crossed out the name and put in another one.

What if it wasn't her?

- but someone with a vested interest that nobody could find out that she was in that guesthouse?

7 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

This makes me think. Until now everybody seems to believe it was her who crossed out the name and put in another one.

What if it wasn't her?

- but someone with a vested interest that nobody could find out that she was in that guesthouse?

It was staff at the bungalows that said it was she herself who  wouldn't provide her passport  number and attempted to write a false name.

https://pattayaone.news/en/elise-dallemagne-found-dead-koh-tao/

On 12/7/2560 at 4:11 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

Really? I've often been handed the form to fill in, especially in cheap dives.

Edited by bannork

1 hour ago, bannork said:

It was staff at the bungalows that said it was she herself who  wouldn't provide her passport  number and attempted to write a false name.

https://pattayaone.news/en/elise-dallemagne-found-dead-koh-tao/

Actually it was Pattayaone 'reporting' what the Bangkok Post reported what the police said .

I make that 4th hand and I would want proper verification before believing anything the police report about Koh Tao.

9 minutes ago, khunken said:

Actually it was Pattayaone 'reporting' what the Bangkok Post reported what the police said .

I make that 4th hand and I would want proper verification before believing anything the police report about Koh Tao.

As you know we are not allowed to report anything directly from The Bangkok Post here.

If you want 'proper verification' you'd better pack your bags and head on down to the bungalows to interview the reception staff yourself.

19 minutes ago, bannork said:

As you know we are not allowed to report anything directly from The Bangkok Post here.

If you want 'proper verification' you'd better pack your bags and head on down to the bungalows to interview the reception staff yourself.

Yes I know about not using links to BP - irrelevant as they only reported what the police said.

I wouldn't go to Koh Tao to sniff around  without serious protection. I would hope proper journalists (very few here) would do some sniffing around. But they would probably need protection too. I'l remain an unbeliever, thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, rockingrobin said:

I bring this up again - why has there been no mention of the name she used to check in at the Poseidon Resort?  If she was trying to hide her identity, surely she would have used a false name there too?  It's completely bizarre.

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

I bring this up again - why has there been no mention of the name she used to check in at the Poseidon Resort?  If she was trying to hide her identity, surely she would have used a false name there too?  It's completely bizarre.

It's more than bizarre. As is the Koh Tao police officer claiming not long ago that no Belgian nationals had died on the island recently. It's backward, depraved hillybillies with wealth beyond their wildest dreams due to their location and a bit of business acumen coupled with pure animal ruthlesseness. If we are all going to be honest, of course, and ignore all the paid-for spin.

Just now, IslandLover said:

Good point,  what did the staff at The Poseidon Resort have to say about her?

No news  about that  at all.

But I venture things are not bizarre if her mental state was in turmoil. She got off the ferry leaving her main luggage on to go to Chumpon. She changed her surname herself, she refused to give her passport number. These suggest the actions of someone either displaying the symptoms of paranoia or someone in a panic to escape someone.

Then there is the fire.

Just now, Khun Han said:

It's more than bizarre. As is the Koh Tao police officer claiming not long ago that no Belgian nationals had died on the island recently. It's backward, depraved hillybillies with wealth beyond their wildest dreams due to their location and a bit of business acumen coupled with pure animal ruthlesseness. If we are all going to be honest, of course, and ignore all the paid-for spin.

Ah, envy of their wealth! - backward hillbillies ( spelt wrong ), depraved too.

And there's Khun Han working away honestly in Old Blighty with its dreadful weather whilst these uneducated, ignorant Thais are  living the life of Riley making a packet. It's just not fair!!