Moscow steps up war of words in diplomatic row with U.S.

webfact

4 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The Russians are so outraged, this has clearly been on their minds for some time. So why were Putin and Lavrov smiling and back slapping Trump  and just what did they discuss for over 2 hrs. It seems by all accounts this is a real throw in the side of the Russians, but it was never mentioned for over 2 hrs. One could be forgiven for thinking Putin and Trump are playing games with us and that Trump will see this as his excuse to give back to the Russians the compounds in the US. (these are the compounds taken off the Russians when over 30 spies were deported by Obama, when Trump said Obama was doing nothing about the Russian hacking!).

A game is afoot and it is Putin and Trump Vs the West.

What a creative piece of writing…lol.

Things have been going so well for Putin, in terms of gaining while Trump and the US are losing, that Putin has to put on some brakes (breaks?). Putin doesn't want to make it look too easy to manipulate Trump.  There has to at least be the impression that Trump isn't a complete dufus.  It's rather like Real Madrid playing a soccer game against a NY college team.   The RM players know they shouldn't play too expertly in that scenario.   Putin is used to working with people with savvy and smarts.  Working with Trump is like working with a trained ape.  

11 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Eventually the conspiracy 'theorists' will accept that the Russian lawyer had no connections to the Evil Empire's government  (aka Russia) and that nothing took place apart from a 20 minute meeting that the son of the eventual POTUS thought might throw some light on HC  - just as HC and her team would have done in his place.

A MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

The Russian lawyer does have connections to the Russian government.  Perhaps nothing took place, but the intent was there.  Along with the lies.  Which is what will get all these people in trouble.  Hopefully.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/12/who-is-natalia-veselnitskaya-low-level-lawyer-or-kremlin-power-broker

Nevertheless, in recent years she had taken on a high-profile case that aligned with Kremlin objectives and was followed closely by top officials. A source who knows her also told the Guardian she has a long-standing personal connection with Yuri Chaika, Russia’s powerful prosecutor-general.

Chaika’s name is particularly relevant, because it seems likely that Rob Goldstone, the publicist who emailed Donald Trump Jr suggesting he meet with the Russian lawyer, was referring to Chaika as the potential source of the information on Clinton.

Chaika definitely has connections to the "Evil Empire". LOL

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

The Russian lawyer does have connections to the Russian government.  Perhaps nothing took place, but the intent was there.  Along with the lies.  Which is what will get all these people in trouble.  Hopefully.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/12/who-is-natalia-veselnitskaya-low-level-lawyer-or-kremlin-power-broker

Chaika definitely has connections to the "Evil Empire". LOL

As I said 'Much Ado About Nothing' and I think the Russians are smart enough not to 'send' a low level lawyer with no direct connections to the Kremlin to 'leak' for them. This is PARANOIA and grasping at straws to bring down Trump (who I dislike). Better to focus on his terrible policies not these red herrings.

13 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

As I said 'Much Ado About Nothing' and I think the Russians are smart enough not to 'send' a low level lawyer with no direct connections to the Kremlin to 'leak' for them. This is PARANOIA and grasping at straws to bring down Trump (who I dislike). Better to focus on his terrible policies not these red herrings.

So an attempt by  members of a presidential candidate's team, including his family members and the head of the campaign, to contact a Russian who says they've got official documents from the Russian government that will give "dirt" on HRC is a red herring?  Wow....Hardly a red herring.  Luckily, many in the US and in the US congress don't agree with you.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

So an attempt by  members of a presidential candidate's team, including his family members and the head of the campaign, to contact a Russian who says they've got official documents from the Russian government that will give "dirt" on HRC is a red herring?  Wow....Hardly a red herring.  Luckily, many in the US and in the US congress don't agree with you.

I don't have a paranoia about Russians and I have many friends who are Russian and have been there many times to work at a children's hospital. Where are these docs?  it's true that many in congress are paranoid about Russia and many in the US have been spoon fed anti-Russia BS for years. 

I am just anxious to see what happens during the 2020 elections with the news organizations. If you think accusations about Fake News are flying around now. You haven't seen nothing yet....

Not picking any sides here, just waiting for the fireworks.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

So if the Russians were smart, they would have sent a high-level lawyer with direct connections to the Kremlin to "leak" for them?  Seriously?

But nevermind that logic, we can't give Trump the opportunity to implement his terrible policies.  We need to get the bum out!  

5 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I don't have a paranoia about Russians and I have many friends who are Russian and have been there many times to work at a children's hospital. Where are these docs?  it's true that many in congress are paranoid about Russia and many in the US have been spoon fed anti-Russia BS for years. 

So, you have many friends who work for the Russian intelligence services? I think you are missing the salient point. It's not the fact that they are just Russians, but Russians who either are Russian government officials or working for them.