Supercars distributor frets over Bt700m worth of lost business because of DSI probe

snoop1130

Supercars distributor frets over Bt700m worth of lost business because of DSI probe

By Angsuma Sridokkham 
The Nation

ebfd41ad2548918b17607dad2ac6bfe3-atwb.jpeg

Seree Chinabarramee, president of Niche Cars Group, has complained that the country’s leading distributor of supercars has suffered a Bt700-million in lost business opportunities caused by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI)’s delayed inspection of its 83 vehicles over the past two months.

The DSI is checking dealers of luxury cars for evading duties after a scandal broke out.

Seree said he didn’t want to sue the DSI but wanted officials to speedily conclude the probe so his business could go on as usual.

Seree told a press conference on Friday that his firm has been importing luxury brands for more than 30 years and dutifully paid taxes and duties as per Customs Department requirements and never had any problems. 

The DSI on May 18 seized 83 cars from the company’s premises including those belonging to customers who brought them there for repair or resale on suspicion that they were falsely declared or stolen, he said. 

“Such accusations are very sensitive. This is the first time we’ve ever had this problem. I still feel sad and I regret customers’ loss of confidence in the company, which has been hard earned throughout the years,” he said.

It has been almost two months now, he said.

Customers have been told that they could take their cars out if they sign an agreement with the DSI not to sell the car or cause any damage, but since they could be fined Bt15 million, they didn’t dare to do it.

The company would soon send documentation to the DSI. 

The lower price of the company’s Lamborghinis was due to bulk purchases, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30320782

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-7-14

If he claims to have lost B700 million in 2 months how much was he pulling in ? " Seree said he didn’t want to sue the DSI but " A big BUT I would say a good chance thats just whats going to happen !!!

4 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

If he claims to have lost B700 million in 2 months how much was he pulling in ? " Seree said he didn’t want to sue the DSI but " A big BUT I would say a good chance thats just whats going to happen !!!

700 million was probably the amount he lost because he had to return those stolen cars, and didn't get a refund.

Cars were seized 2 months ago....and yet he still hasn't sent in the documentation...?

Buy a car from wherever...keep the receipt and paperwork to prove car' previous ownership and that the purchase was genuine....?

13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Cars were seized 2 months ago....and yet he still hasn't sent in the documentation...?

Buy a car from wherever...keep the receipt and paperwork to prove car' previous ownership and that the purchase was genuine....?

Yes, exactly if the paper trail is that bad or maybe that good that it takes two months to produce it speaks volumes. 

They had no idea all this illegal activity was going on and the huge profits were being shared with a number of other people. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Seree said he didn’t want to sue the DSI but wanted officials to speedily conclude the probe so his business could go on as usual.

i doubt suing someone (DSI  in this case) because they are slow or inept will amount to anything

My car happened to be at the dealer for a minor repair when DSI seized it. The car was paid for in full, registered and had a white license plate.
I went to DSI showing them the sales contract, the bank papers showing that I paid in full and obviously the blue book.
That was 6 weeks ago. Nothing happened...
I called DSI again and went there. They asked me to sign this paper whereby I agree not to sell or damage the car, subject to a fine of THB 15 Mio. Reluctantly I signed. They promised to release the car in 3 days. That was 3 weeks ago. DSI has still not released my car.
So I called again. This time they asked for another paper to be signed, but would not show it beforehand.
I still don't have my 100% legal car back.
Niche is correct when accusing DSI to drag their feet.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app