Thai Immigration nabs four alleged Nigerian scammers

webfact

My uncle Cedric has had absolutely no luck at all in Nigeria. He has been killed seventeen times on the notorious Abuja bypass. Luckily for me, he made several wills which are made out to me, worth 35 million US Dollars. All I have to do is pay Reetup Yajacksie (a respectable banking chap) to facilitate the transfer of funds. Reetup is plainly very busy, because although I already forwarded ten grand into his account last January, he still hasn't had time to move the money.

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

+1 Tonray, But I am still amazed at the number of people who still fall for these scams. As you say, lonely women, maybe, but as soon as a fee is requested from someone you never met should send alarm bells ringing.

By the way, if anyone wants to help. I am a young vibrant slim blonde girl who needs some funds to pay for my photoshoot portfolio.........:smile:

555 I hope you have a work permit for modeling. 

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

A photo yet no pointing!  The names are useless - we need to see faces.  There's a hundren possibles round soi 5 & 7 Nana.

You won't see them there  - they've been arrested, and will be in jail for the next (_ _) years!  

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

+1 Tonray, But I am still amazed at the number of people who still fall for these scams. As you say, lonely women, maybe, but as soon as a fee is requested from someone you never met should send alarm bells ringing.

By the way, if anyone wants to help. I am a young vibrant slim blonde girl who needs some funds to pay for my photoshoot portfolio.........:smile:

Not just lonely women.  Dim bulbs still falling for the windfall-cash scam (some govt official or lawyer has a huge fortune in your name, you just need to send some cash for admin fees, etc.).   There really, truly is one born every minute...

On 7/17/2017 at 8:02 AM, tonray said:

They typically prey on Asian women because of the stigma of being unmarried after 30 for example. The Vietnamese lady was a professor, 34 years old but had increasing pressure from parents and siblings to find a husband. 

That, and middle aged women on facebook. My friend and mother have both been targeted. So have I, even though I'm not even 30 yet. These kinds of scams can only work with desperate, lonely women whose husbands left them, and women who don't speak enough english to know that an american pilot never says things like "hello DEAR (what are you, Mrs. Doubtfire?).... I contacting u for marriage..." Speaking like a 14 year old, and with bad grammar.... Sure, American pilot... lol Sad thing is, the targeted women are mostly not that strong in English so they have no clue about these little cues saying that the guy is not who he claims to be, and are so desperate that they are happy enough to have the "attention of a good looking western guy", giving them the hope of being loved and taken care of again

Edited by daphnia88

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, jimstar1 said:

More quality Tourists dont you love it there all over nana  these days

Sorry but what are you expecting to find in Nana, anyway?

Refined ladies and gents dining on caviar and truffles before the symphony?

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, DerekMarshall said:

Mean while millions of Thai scammers and typing out and sending their latest email regarding a sick buffalo, a mother in hospital, dog that got ran over etc etc...

Meanwhile a whole army of Brits, Canadians and Americans are in Thailand-based boiler rooms cold-calling pensioners in Australia, Europe and elsewhere tricking them into investing their entire life savings in non existent shares.

Yet a significant hard core of farangs act like they're better than others and that only people from "lesser" regions and countries come here to commit crime.

Edited by Thai Ron