Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians

webfact

13 minutes ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

You are a Brit, The Queen reigns and she's on your money, ?

Owww jeez ....... there goes the neighbourhood. Anyone got a 6th floor condo I can jump from ?

Don't tell the Madam Tourism Minister about this English-Australian connection though.

She may put 2 + 2 together and desire heaps of Brit and Aussie visitors !!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with half a brain could have told TAT the end result of chasing higher and higher tourist numbers would be, regardless of if they spend a lot or very little.  The environmental damage (most of it done by Thais chasing the golden goose)) is obvious everywhere you look.

Time to start limiting the number of tourists, but to woo the high spenders they need to fix the existing environmental damage, make the whole visa thing much more tourist (and ex-pat) friendly, improve the facilities and infrastructure, stop the police harassment and put and end to all the crime now targeting foreigners. 

And that is just for starters.

4 minutes ago, electric said:

Owww jeez ....... there goes the neighbourhood. Anyone got a 6th floor condo I can jump from ?

Don't tell the Madam Tourism Minister about this English-Australian connection though.

She may put 2 + 2 together and desire heaps of Brit and Aussie visitors !!

So you mean just British then...????

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Over the years I haven't seen many Aussies compared to other ethnicities. I assume Bali is more their destination of choice.

Since 2005 I have only come across one digger in Chiangmai, well the whole of Thailand.  I always thought I was alone.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

" Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians"

What an extraordinary ambition!

Us Aussies are unique, no other could meet our standards.  We love to bash and hang it on ourselves.

Trip to Thailand.

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I must be multi-lingual - I can speak English English, American English, Australian English, New Zealand English but unfortunately not pidgin English. Oh well, too bad, how sad. :thumbsup: :cheesy:

?.... drop the "d" from "pidgin", and your well on your way ?

1 hour ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

You are a Brit, The Queen reigns and she's on your money, ?

And British coins have Latin inscriptions on them, making them Latin, Roman, Italian,Byzantine... or just bizarre?

11 hours ago, quadperfect said:

So after 4 years of everyon on tv saying that chinese dont spend money and its all bs the folks upstairs are finally just now figuring this out.

I guess now they might also realize that the crack downs have also made the other countrys who used to visit not to ever return.

Oh but after you commited western tourist suicide its a bit late. Or did the aussy not come here before and now they are the new great white wale of hope.

I am one that spent $40K a year for 3 years and will never return.

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

And British coins have Latin inscriptions on them, making them Latin, Roman, Italian,Byzantine... or just bizarre?

Not to mention the Koh-i-Noor diamond taken/given from India, source of much polemic between the two nations, that is bezel set on the Queen Mother's crown!

Edited by observer90210

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Not to mention the Koh-i-Noor diamond taken/given from India, source of much polemic between the two nations, that is bezel set on the Queen Mother's crown!

Lol... ok... add confused after bizarre to me last post.?

1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

Anyone with half a brain could have told TAT the end result of chasing higher and higher tourist numbers would be, regardless of if they spend a lot or very little.  The environmental damage (most of it done by Thais chasing the golden goose)) is obvious everywhere you look.

Time to start limiting the number of tourists, but to woo the high spenders they need to fix the existing environmental damage, make the whole visa thing much more tourist (and ex-pat) friendly, improve the facilities and infrastructure, stop the police harassment and put and end to all the crime now targeting foreigners. 

And that is just for starters.

even if they understand all that, they arent capable of it and even if that, no will to do it

I recall going through security at Sydney airport once in 2000. My pockets were empty & the guard started asking me "E-oohaveaobile?"

He said it about 5 times. I apologized profusely & told him we theoretically spoke the same language, but I couldn't understand him.

I finally got it..."Do you have a mobile phone?"

Sure you weren't talking to one of your Welsh friends, disguised as an Aussie, to make him feel better?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, dave_boo said:

I'm sorry, but y'all do have an accent.

It's a nice one and not terribly hard to understand, but the fact that it doesn't conform to either the BBC standard or the US news station standard (which they took from Midland American where I come from) means it's an accent.  Take it this way; read cot and caught out loud.  Do they sound different?  If not you have an accent fo' sure. :P

EVERYONE has an accent - to people with a different accent.

Would that be bikers, druggies, pedos, gay couples looking to adopt, etc etc.

Or just normal Aussie families and young people out for a good holiday?

Stereotyping based on nationalities doesn't work.

What they want are more high spending tourists.

I always thought the young Brits held the title of worst boozy tourists abroad.  That was until more recent years when I encountered the young Aussie boozers who frequent Samui in January every year. They've taken it to another level.

But as the with Ashes, I'm sure the Brits will not give up until they've taken back the title! :laugh:  

54 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

EVERYONE has an accent - to people with a different accent.

Just watching Housos (whatever that means?)

Just like a bunch of Florida or Georgia rednecks, but the accent makes it funny.

I say Viva Australia!

Oh yeah...I grew up in Florida, so I know.

Folks always accuse me of being from Texas...Close enough I guess?

I worked in Indiana for a while & nobody could understand me.

Edited by jaywalker

13 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I recall going through security at Sydney airport once in 2000. My pockets were empty & the guard started asking me "E-oohaveaobile?"

He said it about 5 times. I apologized profusely & told him we theoretically spoke the same language, but I couldn't understand him.

I finally got it..."Do you have a mobile phone?"

I'm glad you translated that because as an Aussie I had absolutely no idea what you were trying to say.  Sounds like you got an immigrant security person, most of them are of middle eastern backgrounds these days and they haven't grasped the aussie accent as yet.