German man admits to Phuket girlfriend's murder

Jonathan Fairfield

German man admits to Phuket girlfriend's murder

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2CMKLAlEicCPlPUp.jpg

Image: Thairath

PHUKET:-- Thai Rath reported at 4.20pm on Tuesday that Nico Papke had finally admitted to the murder of his girlfriend in Phuket.

The 36 year old German national had been in hospital since July 9th when he had slashed his own throat with a cutter after police moved to arrest him in Rawai sub district.

Yesterday he was released by doctors into police custody and taken to Chalong police station on a warrant for premeditated murder and concealment of a corpse.

Thai Rath said he was dressed in sports clothing and looked stressed.

In the presence of a lawyer and interpreter provided at the suspect's request by the German consulate on the island he continued to deny involvement until the late afternoon when he admitted what he had done.

His 35 year old girlfriend Pitcha "Lek" Nampadung had been found on July 9th in woods off the Muang Jao Fa Road in Wichit sub-district.

Bloodstains were found under a mattress in a room.

Police told Thai Rath that the suspect would be taken on a reenactment to two locations.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-18

"Political correctness" at Thai Rath to pixellate his face.

Just that the internet is full with clear pictures of him and German news sources will tell you what village he comes from.

Not a full year in Thailand and totally ruined his life.

57 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police told Thai Rath that the suspect would be taken on a reenactment to two locations.

I really don't understand the need for this reenactment rubbish, especially since the whole thing is orchestrated by the cops, it isn't even a genuine reenactment. The man has admitted what he has done, and he will duly be sentenced, hopefully harshly, for that. What purpose does this stupidity have, other than give the cops a chance to get their faces in the press.

his girlfriend was very beautiful.

i have met so many beautiful Thai women here and the idea of killing one of these girls makes me sick. even the really bad psycho girls don't deserve this sh*t.

take the defendant out back and let the girl's father shoot him twice in the back of the head.

next case.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have met so many beautiful Thai women here and the idea of killing one of these girls makes me sick. even the really bad psycho girls don't deserve this sh*t.

take the defendant out back and let the girl's father shoot him twice in the back of the head.

next case.

rhe bad ones do :smile:

Edited by catman20

Thai Rath said he was dressed in sports clothes and looked stressed.

Is that the reporters sense of humour?

The sick twisted bar steward wants taken out and given the box cutter back and told, this time do a proper job.

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just that the internet is full with clear pictures of him and German news sources will tell you what village he comes from.

Call it political correctness as much as you like, TR did right to cover his face.

As long as the court did not find him guilty, he is innocent!

And a confession?

Does not say much, the police must deliver proof.

Did they?

And again coz of one of these beautiful "mindf***" ladies, which however should not justify murder.

People not mature in mind easily ruin their life in this place.

He'll be thinking much more clearly now that the steroids are losing their effect and he faces a long prison sentence in a Thai jail.  What a complete dork for doing that to another human being especially one that could not defend herself. I'll wait to hear what his pathetic reason was but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it was jealousy.

Totally ruined his life?

5 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Totally ruined his life?

I also wondered about that comment. 

It a great pity someone did not recognise how dangerous this person was/is.  

Had his life had been "ruined" by incarceration sooner a life would have been saved.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

next case.

Twice ? To be sure to be sure, Paddy !

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really don't understand the need for this reenactment rubbish, especially since the whole thing is orchestrated by the cops, it isn't even a genuine reenactment. The man has admitted what he has done, and he will duly be sentenced, hopefully harshly, for that. What purpose does this stupidity have, other than give the cops a chance to get their faces in the press.

In the meantime he can brush up on his finger pointing skills. Practice makes perfect. 

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't pity that guy too much, but his peer group and family in Germany. 

German yellow press (BILD Zeitung and the like) will stage a witch-hunt not only against him but also against everyone who knew him. 

Even worse: the racist part of the German public might blame it on the victim, by calling her names and - if they don't know her name - simply generalize and put the blame on all Thai ladies (Again) 

9 minutes ago, captspectre said:

why is his face blotted out? thai's are not noted for this. in fact the opposite is true with the "pointing" re-inacting etc.

I suppose having to consider human and civil rights legislation can be as confusing as piecing together a murder scene.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The reason the RTP do these reenactments is for their personal RTP Photograph Album. When the Khon Kaen girl was arrested for killing that girl, RTP had over 100 police participate in that reenactment. Each one of those officers placed a photo in their RTP-PA. When those officers go to buy a promotion, lets say Captain to Colonel, they must show their RTP-PA to prove they can handle the higher rank, such as this Colonel position. This way in their minds and the minds of the higher ups who take the promotion monies

that their candidate is qualified, so the Thai Population is being protected by qualified RTP Officers. The good thing is the Army has taken over most police duties, so the public does not need to fear these incompetent RTP Officers who bought their positions.

Edited by tomwct
Add more detail.

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Should make him reenact slashing his throat again with the cutter.

He might do it right next time.

Happy to do that for him!
Unfortunately since 2009 nobody has been executed in Thailand - so he will be out on bail sometime in the future.

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

I don't pity that guy too much, but his peer group and family in Germany. 

German yellow press (BILD Zeitung and the like) will stage a witch-hunt not only against him but also against everyone who knew him. 

Even worse: the racist part of the German public might blame it on the victim, by calling her names and - if they don't know her name - simply generalize and put the blame on all Thai ladies (Again) 

2nd part is B.S.

Edited by maximillian
mistake

"Bloodstains were found under a mattress in a room.",but not by CSI,after 2 visits,but

by relatives of the murdered girl who came to the room,that was a really vital piece

of evidence that was nearly missed.

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, perthperson said:

I also wondered about that comment. 

It a great pity someone did not recognise how dangerous this person was/is.  

Had his life had been "ruined" by incarceration sooner a life would have been saved.

Do you have any indication that he WAS dangerous before he came to Thailand and met this woman?

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do you have any indication that he WAS dangerous before he came to Thailand and met this woman?

No I do not.

However if examined by a competent forensic clinical psychologist or psychiatrist I am sure his illness or personality disorder would be revealed. 

4 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

He'll be thinking much more clearly now that the steroids are losing their effect and he faces a long prison sentence in a Thai jail.  What a complete dork for doing that to another human being especially one that could not defend herself. I'll wait to hear what his pathetic reason was but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it was jealousy.

Or dollars. She could have cleaned him out and left him out to dry. Not justifying his actions.