Amulet saved me and my family, says Roi-Et man who fell asleep at the wheel

webfact

8 hours ago, sinbin said:

And the stupid ************ thinks it's all okay by posing with his now sort after amulet. I'm surprised the family didn't beat him to death for his stupidity for driving after working all night. So have the police locked him up? 

Edit. On confirming that he caused the accident will  his insures pay for the damage? I certainly hope not.

Insurance ? What do you mean do I need that ?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Amulet saved me and my family, says Roi-Et man who fell asleep at the wheel. All six in the cab and in the back of his Isuzu survived the accident

That's great. He got a good deal, buy one save six.

Don't well-educated, sophisticated Christian westeners still stick St Christopher medals on their car dashboards in proud display? How else explain a smug sense of colonial superiority when it comes to judging other cultures or religions as "inferior"?   A closed mind is a wonderful thing, saves so much time and bother when dealing with others.

Perhaps the amulet got caught in the steering wheel and chocked him awake when it turned, waking him up in time to control the vehicle into a more stable crash?

He can probably afford to retire , sell the amulet for a fortune [emoji326] its famous now , or even better make copies . Either way he's set for life .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Wim1954 said:

Insurance ? What do you mean do I need that ?

The Por Ror Bor is compulsory. Due to the high  chance the Thai guy has his car/pick-up on credit then the loan company will make that compulsory as well. So yeah he needs that. Plus, will the insurance pay out being as he admitted driving when unfit to do so.

How can you pick and choose which beliefs or cultures deserve to the laughed at?  All religions are stupid and cause humans to act idiotically.  There is no difference between this man thinking his amulet saved him, then a Christian thinking praying to their wooden cross around their neck saved them.  

Who are you to judge?  

In my view... I lump all the religions together as stupid... but never laughable... more a tragic waste of human lives and a rather depressing insight into mass human hysteria and weakness.  

The difference is the Christian would probably thank Jesus for creating the man that invented the seatbelt that saved his/her life :rolleyes: Few solely rely on their god to help them.

It's the whole "God helps those that helps themselves" thing that helps Christians explain trusting science sometimes (It goes hand in hand with "God works in mysterious ways" for the times we read about children being raped, tortured and killed)

10 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

A little respect for other people's spiritual and religious beliefs would be nice.  Whatever happened to religious tolerance?

I can tolerate other's spiritual and religious beliefs, up to the point where it negatively impacts on others in a significant way.

If someone's belief in the power of a magical amulet (or their religion generally) means they drive with less care than they should, then that can put other people in danger. It is therefore unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

The difference is the Christian would probably thank Jesus for creating the man that invented the seatbelt that saved his/her life :rolleyes: Few solely rely on their god to help them.

It's the whole "God helps those that helps themselves" thing that helps Christians explain trusting science sometimes (It goes hand in hand with "God works in mysterious ways" for the times we read about children being raped, tortured and killed)

Yes. I understand what you are saying.  I always said that true Christians should not even go to hospital if they are ill....if they really believe their god listens and answers their prayers... no need for medical stuff.  But really none of then truly believe it... unless they are crazy like the ones that let their children die as they think giving them blood is a sin or something.  

On 19/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, sinbin said:

And the stupid ************ thinks it's all okay by posing with his now sort after amulet. I'm surprised the family didn't beat him to death for his stupidity for driving after working all night. So have the police locked him up? 

Edit. On confirming that he caused the accident will  his insures pay for the damage? I certainly hope not.

I'm surprised the family didn't beat him to death for the Amulet 

Can't tell a lot from the pic but it doesn't appear to be a high speed impact. Lucky he had his amulet because engineering, crash testing etc obviously didn't play a part. Remember this rubbish is drilled into them from day one. The truly brainwashed will swear that black is white and visa versa.

Hard to say if the vehicle had air bags fitted, or if he/they were wearing seat belts (unlikely I know) but yes, as you say, plenty of engineering and testing went into that vehicle, just to keep idiots like him safe.

On 19/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, sinbin said:

On confirming that he caused the accident will  his insures pay for the damage?

Thai Insurers love to pay out - I don't think they have any shareholders.  Thannachart - my 3rd class insurers at 1st class prices, paid hefty damages to two speeding, licenceless boys who lost control and crashed into my stationery vehicle.

We Farangs can rant and rave, pull out our hairs, shake our heads until the cows come home and it will not make one iota of difference to idiots like him. For the vast majority of Thais whose education level is that of fourth grader this accident will only serve to reinforce their beliefs in the occult, magic, charms and voodoo. A pathetic state of affairs.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/19/2017 at 9:04 AM, rkidlad said:

No. No, it didn't. 

This kind of backwards thinking is not only detrimental to your own health and safety, but more importantly to others' health and safety. 

My problem with superstitious beliefs? It keeps people satisfied with not understanding the world. 

stupid as stupid goes

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thai Insurers love to pay out - I don't think they have any shareholders.  Thannachart - my 3rd class insurers at 1st class prices, paid hefty damages to two speeding, licenceless boys who lost control and crashed into my stationery vehicle.

May be the insurers looked at it in that if you hadn't stopped there the accident wouldn't have happened. What's logical to farang isn't necessary logical to the other side. :smile: Just joshing.