Here the low down and YES THERE'S a crack DOWN boiiii

• My friend is 20 years old
  • Been doing Visa runs for about a year
  • Did a land border Visa Run
  • Refused Entry and Deported   "Refused"

1982670ed8da67000c5be7bf922b750e.png

Edited by Stuart Fox

9 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Assuming this is not a windup where did this alleged incident occur?  Which border?  Where is the friend now with his 600 Bht? 

As a matter of fact your "friend" was not deported --  Just refused entry ! 

On his way back to USA :)

This is the 3rd story in the last week where someone who had been using back to back Tourist Visas and was not allowed into Thailand because they lacked sufficient funds in their wallet.

I suspect that these stories has more to do with the repeated use of Tourist Visas, rather than the lack of funds.

I arrived yesterday at BKK, with my family tow, and I was not asked whether I had any money on me, and I was fortunate for such.  I only had 1300 Baht, 80 USD, and 1000 Yen on me.  Not far from the IO post was an ATM.  If I had needed to prove I have funds, I could have asked my wife (who is Thai) to withdraw the funds from my Bangkok Bank account.  But it never came to this.  I did not have a Tourist Visa, and this was my first visit in nearly two years.

All this being said, here's a thought for the frequent tourists to Thailand... don't come so often!  Seriously, when a person does this, it does lend the appearance that the person is residing in Thailand, as opposed to being a genuine tourist.  Since it is not always possible for the IO to determine for sure whether the tourist is indeed on personal travel, or working in Thailand, it is just easier to ask to see 20K Baht... or just deny entry.

The OP has form ---

"

Hey,

So a group of friends decided to all meet up in Thailand(two previously visited me and "bob"). I found out yesterday "bob" has been deported..." 

Strange that his "friends" keep getting deported !   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, perthperson said:

The OP has form ---

"

Hey,

So a group of friends decided to all meet up in Thailand(two previously visited me and "bob"). I found out yesterday "bob" has been deported..." 

Strange that his "friends" keep getting deported !   

If you can speak English that'd be great!