Police major general among officers probed over ‘Boss’ hit-and-run case

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

................and it takes 3-4 years?

...and what if they "forgot" to share the brown envelops with the guys in the Foreign Ministry who are now waiting for their share?

9 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Another 'probe' by the NACC what happened to the previous one? NACC should also be 'probed' as should those who allowed multiple postponents and other parties. Not just the police.

No comment from Prawit or Chakthip?

Its not just the police in this case who need to be probed. Everyone is on the go slow or stop. Plenty has no doubt been going around all areas

The actual NACC probes that result in successful prosecutions is a tiny tiny % of their investigations.

And surprise surprise - non of those prosecuted successfully have been hiso elite well connected politicians, business people, super stars or from premium elite families.

This case is a classic example of how "the system" works for the chosen ones. Right from the initial attempt, with police connivance, to fit up a servant as the driver.

Delays, ignoring "requests" and appointments to meet, warrants not issued, subject allowed to travel as he wished, one excuse after another.

Let's see if he ever gets extradited and prosecuted  and if this "probe" goes anywhere.

police... usually only have about 3 levels of management...

a Police Chief....  the Superintendent..... and a Division Commanders....  

instead the news reports a long list of all kinds of commanders... with "Lt. Col." this and that and "Major General" this and that... 
do you suppose...? nah!!!!!

Edited by maewang99

Nacc is agency file complaint for negligence against yingluck. Yingluck in court because nacc. Why I talk this! Because it show nacc is very politic. If want to understand nacc have to know it is very politic. Nacc is government agent used by elite for control. That is why nacc quick for complain Yingluck but red bull not stay jail For! Kill! Policeman! So if nacc politic and make politic decision I want to understand why sometime someone agree nacc not good but sometime same person say nacc good they just change about person who nacc target. Anyway doesn't matter because nacc not make red bull go jail.

Since when to you need 34 pages of documents to get an extradition? Since they just did it with the jet set monk, they already have a template. 

It's not the week delay, it's the four years of dragging their feet. 

12 hours ago, bdenner said:

So now it's the NACC's turn to run with the ball! Great excuse to add any number months of delay to at least get this fiasco past another (September) deadline.

They managed to get this guy home OK so what's the fuss?

Yeah, but the jet-setting monk doesn't have the same powerful and wealthy connections. He may well have a lot but unfortunately for him insufficient clout. 

9 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Start a petition & before you had time to turn around there would be a defamation case against you, a shame poor Nate isn't Thai or he could've started one... 

Same law for Thai or non Thai, just that non Thai would be wasting their time. 

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

This case has become a symbol of Thai Police corruption throughout the world and they compound it almost daily - they have no shame. 

No shame translates to no brains, they just can't see it, can they, but then brown envelopes and lunch boxes have been known to cause the loss of many normal functions. 

How much longer does the former PM need to be out of the country before he returns?

I think the Boss can stay out long enough. I'm sure he has a good life wherever he is. Does the Thai government know where he is?

I wonder how good, honest, decent cops from other countries react when they have to deal with the likes of the Thai police, knowing just how filthy and immoral they are? When you have high moral standards and strong principles, how do you feel about being forced to work alongside such trash, knowing you can't trust them? 

19 hours ago, Pridilives said:

Nacc is agency file complaint for negligence against yingluck. Yingluck in court because nacc. Why I talk this! Because it show nacc is very politic. If want to understand nacc have to know it is very politic. Nacc is government agent used by elite for control. That is why nacc quick for complain Yingluck but red bull not stay jail For! Kill! Policeman! So if nacc politic and make politic decision I want to understand why sometime someone agree nacc not good but sometime same person say nacc good they just change about person who nacc target. Anyway doesn't matter because nacc not make red bull go jail.

When did the NACC become involved in the Red Bull heir case? Have they been involved in this up to now? If so please provide links to verify that.

Up to now this case, according to reports has been under the jurisdiction of the Thong Lo police and not the NACC. So your comments regarding the NACC and comparing the Yingluck negligence case and this case have no factual or logical basis. Simply trying to discredit the NACC for political reasons and another agenda.

The NACC are not charged with extraditing or prosecuting the Red Bull heir. That is the responsibility of the police and the OAG. They have been tasked with investigating the conduct of the police and the delays. 

On 20/07/2017 at 0:01 PM, trainman34014 said:

Ah; a 'subcommittee' to over look the 'committee' that was set up previously to overlook the 'probe' into Police 'abuse of authority' by Senior Officers.

This country has no shame, none whatsoever, morally bankrupt in every respect and no doubt the Big Pumpkin will tell ''The People'' that they are ''collectively responsible'' for these matters !

Seems like too much probing going on.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:54 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

Money works everywhere in Thailand.

Rarely rich people goes to jail, hope they find him.

If the charges are serious and have proof, why not Thai Government revoke his passport and issue Interpol red corner notice ?

They are just playing cat mouse game for money. Elite club!

rich people 'never' go to jail if they know the right people. 'never'. it's the land you chose my friend. just make sure you have money and know the right people and you have nothing to worry about. simple really. do you know how many thai fugitives hang out at addies café in earls court each night. it's Friday, check it out. will be packed. spending, singing, banging the hottest girls you'd imagine. yup. it is what it is

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

How much longer does the former PM need to be out of the country before he returns?

I think the Boss can stay out long enough. I'm sure he has a good life wherever he is. Does the Thai government know where he is?

addies tonight. i'd bet 500 baht on that. of course they know where he is. I give up. his family are the government. what part of that don't you understand? taksin has nothing to do with it. pretty sure even you can see a big <deleted> off to him. perhaps not. well he's not here is he. should be enough even for the less abled. truth hurts. just sayin

On 7/20/2017 at 4:35 AM, webfact said:

The sub-panel, established late last month and led by NACC member Surasak Khiriwichien, will investigate Krit; his two former deputies Pol Colonel Sukhun Phrommayon and Pol Colonel Traimet U-thai; Thonglor Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Chumpol Phumpoung; and three Thonglor investigators, Pol Colonel Samrit Ketyaem, Pol Lt-Colonel Wibul Thinwattanakul and Pol Lt-Colonel Wiradol Tabtimdee. 

Establshed more than a month ago, and still only talking up what the panel is "going" to  do.

Sincerity, dynamic leadership and competence personified.

15 minutes ago, sandemara said:

I love the way the headline implies the action has already started.

Has the thinking about starting the thinking started yet or are they still thinking about thinking about the thinking

27 minutes ago, sandemara said:

Establshed more than a month ago, and still only talking up what the panel is "going" to  do.

Sincerity, dynamic leadership and competence personified.

But please don't pressure them, things need to be prioritised, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, brown envelopes counted and distributed, visit the various income sources, maybe a nap or two -  these things take time and we can't do everything at once. 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, webfact said:

Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn

Here again is that face only a mother could love. Once more making pathetic excuses for the delays by his police force. I bet there's no delays when he gets to pick up his 50,000 baht monthly envelope from the booze companies.