Sneaky True Visions

Went to pay my monthly bill - 2,005.75.

new bill 2,146.15

I asked why and was told that they now added 7% VAT.

I said the 2,005.75 already included VAT and showed her last months bill.

1,874.53 + 131.22 = 2005 75.

So without saying anything True have now decided that 2,005.75 is the net plus VAT 140.15 = 2,146.15

The arrogance of these companies is unbelievable.

Need to find a way that my wife can watch her Korean soaps (which apparently are so much better than the Thai soaps) and then cancel True.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

My most recent True Visions bill is the same it has been for a long time.

I get it and the other True bills by email. And  pay them online using their IService site.

I would do that usually but a) they have not been sending the bills by  email and b. the Post here on Samui is abysmal these days and bills regularly arrive after the due date 

On 7/20/2017 at 3:56 PM, SamuiRes said:

I would do that usually but a) they have not been sending the bills by  email and b. the Post here on Samui is abysmal these days and bills regularly arrive after the due date 

You set up iservice here and pay your bill using a credit/debit card. https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/

No need for the bill to pay it or look at your recent bill. You can also set up e-billing and direct debit on the site under account maintenance after you login to the site.

2 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

I think Coronation Street is!!! :laugh:

Christ Jim! I live here to avoid things like Coronation Street :wink:

Always found True Visions to be a rip off merchant, look elsewhere as suggested in previous posts.

9 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

If you have a LG or Samsung smart TV, it's actually amazing what you can find on the Youtube channels for free... no idea whether the Thai/ Korean soap operas are there... I think Coronation Street is!!! :laugh:

Much is often free where the region (country) does not have someone with a licence. It's FTA (Free To Air) so all you need is the means to decode it which can be via a computer, IPTV type external box or an internal smart TV. All perfectly legal.  

I bought my android box at an electronics mall in Taiwan, around $100 can view hundreds of channels around the world, hk / taiwan / china / japan / korea / uk/ russia / sports channels / movie channels (hbo, fox) / documentary channels (history, discovery, etc). Highly recommended, better than the ones sold in Thailand.

Its made by unblocktech, you can search their website online. They don't sell online but can contact them to see where they have distributors.

There are korean apps you can download, but you will need to know korean to navigate, my korean friends use the free korean apps which has drams and western movies.

A lot of dramas are also hosted on youtube, but you will need to know such as chinese or another language in order to find it.

This is a little of topic but has any TV members with true noticed that some of the movie channels sometimes the movie is the wrong format for the screen? Meaning it does not fit the screen correctly, sometimes it's like watching it zoomed 150% . It happens now and again on different channels. 

I only subscribe to the lowest possible package and then add on the football fee.

Reason being there is absolutely nothing else worth  watching on Tv .

I prefer to watch foreign tv online free of charge streaming.

Don't also forget to follow the new package price that True update frequently and go to ask them to Upgrade yours.

If you subscribe before to the 30mb True internet ( +tv package + sim card), you will now have the 50mb package at the same price, but it is not automatic ( Got also the new router install for free after updating, Huawei one who is much better with a dual wifi , 2.4ghz and a 5 ghz bandwitch)

This is exactly the same that happened to a friend of mine...

He when to TRUE office in Central Festival Chiangmai, and the staff there explained that the new price  is exactly the old price + vat as an increase and they had the VAT on he new price.

The lady said the  TRUE " IT Department" had not corrected the bill to reflect  this...

Like you said ...this is TRUE at his best, can not issue proper bill.

22 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I only subscribe to the lowest possible package and then add on the football fee.

Reason being there is absolutely nothing else worth  watching on Tv .

I prefer to watch foreign tv online free of charge streaming.

Haven't you read the back of your receipt/invoice of a couple of months ago. We are supposed to get beIN Sports 4 with the EPL and other leagues for free for 3017-18 & 2018-19

Curious - I had exactly the same issue with TrueVisions last month with 7% VAT added on top of the amount that already included VAT. I did not want to waste time and argue with them since I cancelled my subscription already.

2 hours ago, mike324 said:

I bought my android box at an electronics mall in Taiwan, around $100 can view hundreds of channels around the world, hk / taiwan / china / japan / korea / uk/ russia / sports channels / movie channels (hbo, fox) / documentary channels (history, discovery, etc). Highly recommended, better than the ones sold in Thailand.

Its made by unblocktech, you can search their website online. They don't sell online but can contact them to see where they have distributors.

There are korean apps you can download, but you will need to know korean to navigate, my korean friends use the free korean apps which has drams and western movies.

A lot of dramas are also hosted on youtube, but you will need to know such as chinese or another language in order to find it.

...plenty of high drama in any ole soi here plus gunslingers.

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Haven't you read the back of your receipt/invoice of a couple of months ago. We are supposed to get beIN Sports 4 with the EPL and other leagues for free for 3017-18 & 2018-19

Yes, that is correct.   The OP was confused about the additional 7% as that was an increase announced by Truevisions as from the  1st of June.  So, your monthly charge has been increased by 7% which happens to be the same as the 7% Vat then added on top as usual.

To soften the blow, they added BeIn Sports including the EPL etc. (as they put it) for FREE for the next two seasons.

Truevisions satellite service cost about the same as the equivalent service in the UK, where the minimum wage is roughly 10 times as high as in Thailand, so the Thai service is very expensive and not as good.

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

Having had pay TV in both NZ & Australia I can tell you who the rip off is & it aint True

Same goes for the UK with SKY, they are now changing Sky Sports into bundles, i.e. football, golf, cricket etc, so instead of purchasing Sky sports which covered all, you are now restricted to buying different bundles AND you must already have the Sky basic package if you want these or Sky movie bundle etc. They are bundling the prices SKY high

True is a pussy cat compared to SKY

On 20/07/2017 at 6:47 PM, samuijimmy said:

For 1200 baht a month plus box purchase, you can get all Thai channels (pretty sure}  plus UK French German Russian stations by HBO etc etc...

IPTV service...

Not allowed to say but can give contact by PM..

Expensive. Sophon around Pattaya a better deal.

No box required.

Edited by jacko45k

TrueVisions did actually write to all their subscribers a few months ago to inform them in advance of the price increase, which by some strange coincidence is 7%, the same as the VAT. It would appear that some people did not receive the letter, which is not surprising considering the poor performance of the Thai postal service!