Largest crime rise in England and Wales for 10 years

webfact

Largest crime rise in England and Wales for 10 years

LONDON: -- Crime in England and Wales has seen its largest annual rise in a decade, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The total number of crimes reported to and recorded by the police rose by 10% between April 2016 and March 2017 to almost five million.

Violent crime was up by 18%, robbery by 16% and sex offences by 14%. The figures come as Home Office data shows the number of police officers is the lowest since 1985.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40665733

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-07-21

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong of course, but I am pretty sure that this has nothing at all do with illegal immigration and the hordes of men from Northern Africa breaking into the country via Calais etc . No, defintiely couldn't be that.

Does England have problems with tranquilizer drugs like Fentanyl and Carfentanyl?  I sure hope not.  That stuff is worse than nasty.  It's a mega-problem in NE USA (rustbelt) and parts of Canada.  It's so addictive that guys have been known to take a hammer and bash/break their own knuckles - in order to be taken to a hospital to get a prescription for the stuff.  Needless to say, it contributes to lots of crime - mostly stealing, in order to get money to buy it.

I would have thought it has more to do with benefit sanctions than immigrants, You stop the dole money of people that have nothing? what do you expect them to do? quietly starve to death or die of hypothermia if you do it in the winter??? :bah:

Thailand ain't perfect by any stretch but the thought of being mugged or my house burgled doesn't enter my mind...when I'm in any major Western city it's never far from my mind.

Edited by CutiePi

4 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

I would have thought it has more to do with benefit sanctions than immigrants, You stop the dole money of people that have nothing? what do you expect them to do? quietly starve to death or die of hypothermia if you do it in the winter??? :bah:

While simultaneously slashing police numbers and accuse them of "scaremongering"? But there's the Tories for you.

Oh, and I see the age for state pensions has just been raised to 68. Funny how that wasn't included in their manifesto of a few weeks ago...

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

Perhaps more Brits leaving Thailand and returning home ? :cheesy:

Terrible thing to say about my country men, very naughty of you.:cheesy:

So you are saying that all people from the UK are criminals?

Same as any other country has good and bad people

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Apparently the only thing I accomplished was showing that some have lost their sense of humour ....

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Of course not...but a good number of them who turn-up in Thailand have sketchy backgrounds.

4 minutes ago, tonray said:

Apparently the only thing I accomplished was showing that some have lost their sense of humour ....

Read my post again, veeerrryy sloooowwwllly.

If you cannot see the sarcasm in it i pity you.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Read my post again, veeerrryy sloooowwwllly.

If you cannot see the sarcasm in it i pity you.

Apparently in addition to lack of sense of humor (I'll use the correct spelling this time) you have found pity. have a great day Master Neil

14 minutes ago, baboon said:

While simultaneously slashing police numbers and accuse them of "scaremongering"? But there's the Tories for you.

Oh, and I see the age for state pensions has just been raised to 68. Funny how that wasn't included in their manifesto of a few weeks ago...

OT but the pension age "has just been raised to 68" starts in 2037.

But I guess that could account for the rise in crime,pensioners just reading the headline and not the actual story.

24 minutes ago, tonray said:

Apparently in addition to lack of sense of humor (I'll use the correct spelling this time) you have found pity. have a great day Master Neil

'Humour' is the correct spelling. Or does this also need to be included in the crime stats?:laugh:

If it is a problem with Immigrants then why are police numbers going down and why do both sides of the fence allow continuous mass immigration. Similar reasons to most countries who keep the economy rolling using cheap labour. Usually, it's the working classes who suffer the consequence of that immigration. There is no reason other than the excuse of austerity why police numbers are going down and wages have been capped at 1%. They are making enough money from allowing Immigration so should be protecting those who suffer from a small minority of immigrants who are breaking the law.

4 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

If it is a problem with Immigrants then why are police numbers going down and why do both sides of the fence allow continuous mass immigration. Similar reasons to most countries who keep the economy rolling using cheap labour. Usually, it's the working classes who suffer the consequence of that immigration. There is no reason other than the excuse of austerity why police numbers are going down and wages have been capped at 1%. They are making enough money from allowing Immigration so should be protecting those who suffer from a small minority of immigrants who are breaking the law.

Oh you mean you want extra economic activity from Immigration to benefit everyone instead of just a few well heeled gentry ? Hmm..a novel idea.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Does England have problems with tranquilizer drugs like Fentanyl and Carfentanyl?  I sure hope not.  That stuff is worse than nasty.  It's a mega-problem in NE USA (rustbelt) and parts of Canada.  It's so addictive that guys have been known to take a hammer and bash/break their own knuckles - in order to be taken to a hospital to get a prescription for the stuff.  Needless to say, it contributes to lots of crime - mostly stealing, in order to get money to buy it.

I come from East London, used to be the poor working class part of London but now being gentrified because of its close location to the city.Not so sure about now but in the late eighties it was ecstasy then through the 90s until now cocaine which is frequently used as a"Social" drug. A bit of crack around, very few Meth users. I'm, not a user myself but I know plenty of others where were and still are. It comes with the territory.

6 minutes ago, tonray said:

Oh you mean you want extra economic activity from Immigration to benefit everyone instead of just a few well heeled gentry ? Hmm..a novel idea.

Pretty much why not its the way of the world now.Where is the money going from immigration.? Or do you recommend stopping all immigration?

Hmm...

Could it have anything to do with the economic changes coming on in anticipation of the Brexit?  

The time frame would be a better correlation than the influx of refugees and immigrants, which has been going on for years.

Edited by impulse

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hmm...

Could it have anything to do with the economic changes coming on in anticipation of the Brexit?  

The time frame would be a better correlation than the influx of refugees and immigrants, which has been going on for years.

I don't think so. if you look at football violence in UK from the 30s to 2000 it was a regular occurrence for inner city kids to visit that weekends opposition and have mass brawls with them. Very few arrest as police just let them got on with it. Only really since the Premier "Money Train " Leauge has it stopped more arrests and heavy sentences and more people from out side the area of the club they support. The premier league doesn't want Jeremy and Jemima to get blood on their shoes and hand back their outrageously priced season tickets.

Edited by Dave67

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

I don't think so. if you look at football violence in UK from the 30s to 2000 it was a regular occurrence for inner city kids to visit that weekends opposition and have mass brawls with them. 

I just like stirring the pot a little.  I don't really have a clue.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

When i was young the dole as it was then called was to stop you from starving ,not to give you a "non job" for life , so why didnt we all start raping and stealing etc etc? but then we did not have many immegrants or people who think the country owes them a living .

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Mainly good people in UK, but since a few years the country had  to import the bad ones to stay in tunes with many other countries :cheesy: