PM Prayut blames lack of spirituality for country’s political turmoil

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote:

You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, you lack empathy, not religion.

Only bad things happen when you mix church and state. Keep them separated.

Exactly, dear PM!

Spirituality is what the country needs!

More stupidly grinning drivers, who got saved by amulets!

More hokuspokus like trees, giving away lottery numbers!

More wais before little houses with heaps of red Fanta in front of them!

Overall more made up BS, to keep the masses in tow!

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

I think it has more to do with with hiso's like Suthep,  his mates and the military turning against the people and constantly staging coups if their people don't win.

“I just want you to be thoughtful about the country a bit and have conscience enough to be able to think of some religious principles that we can apply to our present political problems,” he said. 

Why doesn't prayuth listen to his own words?

An international survey quoted Thailand as the most religious country in the world. Prayut wants more religion or spirituality when those 2 things are often the root cause of conflict in other regions 

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Where is the turmoil? No marches, no demonstrations, no uprising. Nothing. Everyone has been castrated. Yingluck cried a bit last week. That's it.

Why does the man insist all the time that there is turmoil? What's he prepping for?

Well, if you buy a new Porsche or Ferrari you definitely want to check it out on the road.

Maybe its not different if you buy a couple of armoured carriers  for Bt2.3 bn from China.

4 hours ago, inThailand said:

Actually, he may have a point...if Thais adhered to their Buddhist principles then many problems would disappear. Maybe it can start at the top?

Before the Thai were Buddhist they were spirit worshippers

maybe he is looking back to a golden age?

Dear Sir,

With all due respect you have got this one wrong,,,, do you know what the "root of all evil is "?

The haves & the have not gap is just too large. It has become almost a cast system here & with all the 

corruption & lies allows those in the system to bend it so the wealth slides into their own pockets

What does a General get paid  annually ? Multiply by 60, & that is your wealth ?

See what I mean ?

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

I think it has more to do with with hiso's like Suthep,  his mates and the military turning against the people and constantly staging coups if their people don't win.

“I just want you to be thoughtful about the country a bit and have conscience enough to be able to think of some religious principles that we can apply to our present political problems,” he said. 

Why doesn't prayuth listen to his own words?

he just reads what is in front of him he does not have to know what they mean

18 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

This might have something to do with Thai politics

http://warisboring.com/shootings-escalate-in-trigger-happy-thailand/

shallow thinking , what you talk about is the result of a poorly run government or entity . you cannot compare countries to each other , but i suspect you will continue to do so . as any self respecting thai ho would say  "up to you" .

24 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

mixing church and state: Bad Idea

huh .... the west was built on a mix of the two .  you  are repeating  a 8 grade lie we all were taught . ye of so little faith .....

28 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Stop buying submarines and other military hardware and put the money back into the FAILED system...... wake up!!!

yes what you say is correct .....oh , and i never heard why they ordered the subs with retractable wheels . crowd control  ? ......

Greed, lack of honesty, morality and ethics, not to mention the total inability to compromise.  Throw in an abysmal education system and you have the foundation of Thainess.

Now throw in hi-sos who think they are above the law and a military who takes it's orders from them and you have "modern" Thailand.

Religion does NOT come into this equation at all.

taking, stealing something that isnt yours, should be worth thinking about, before telling people what their problems are

The PM is an example of this... He took something that wasnt his to take

Yes, he believes that thru 'spiritaulity' you can lead the 'sheep' over the cliff.....

Follow the leader.............. BUT the 'leader is tricky enough to not go over the cliff with the others.............. Look at 'Jonestown, Guyana' and see how a leader thinks he can lead the followers.................

21 minutes ago, mikiea said:

shallow thinking , what you talk about is the result of a poorly run government or entity . you cannot compare countries to each other , but i suspect you will continue to do so . as any self respecting thai ho would say  "up to you" .

And please tell Oracle,  what prevents us making comparisons?  

mumbo  jumbo religious  crap....................oh  wait  i  must  respect  religious crap for  fear  of  offending  the  crap  spouter................religion ,  the  last  bastion of  stupidity that MUST NOT be challenged

30 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Greed, lack of honesty, morality and ethics, not to mention the total inability to compromise.  Throw in an abysmal education system and you have the foundation of Thainess.

Now throw in hi-sos who think they are above the law and a military who takes it's orders from them and you have "modern" Thailand.

Religion does NOT come into this equation at all.

its  one  of  the  tools in  their  armoury