Canadian expat Muay Thai fighter found dead of suspected hanging in Patong

snoop1130

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Maybe it`s the bad influences found on the Internet that is the main culprit for many people committing suicide these days.

People are being unwittingly groomed into ways of thinking or types of cultures that discretely put across a human life is not sacred and it`s acceptable and a right for people to terminate their own lives if they so wish. There are many websites dedicated to showing ways of committing suicide and probably how many that do take their lives learn the methods of how to do it.

I have a cousin in the States suffering from depression. She emailed me and said that when the actor, Robin Williams killed himself, that he gave others permission to do the same. All part of a weird culture being peddled by certain individuals and groups online, especially on the social media that can have dangerous influences on people almost like a kind of cult that is shaping people`s lives. Oh dear, my girlfriend doesn`t love me, I`ve run out of money. I know; I`ll jump off a ten story building tonight, that will solve all my problems.

We should question what sort of society is being created among people today and especially online, where boundaries should be drawn.

Non-religious people (like myself) realize that we have the right to do as we please with our body and our life. We don't have to look to society or gods to tell us right from wrong. And if one day I decide to take my own life I will do it in a manner that won put others at risk.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Non-religious people (like myself) realize that we have the right to do as we please with our body and our life. We don't have to look to society or gods to tell us right from wrong. And if one day I decide to take my own life I will do it in a manner that won put others at risk.

I agree with most of what you say and especially if people are terminally ill and suffering, then I believe it`s a mercy to help them die or let them take their own lives.

But when reading news reports worldwide, it seems today that people are taking their own lives for the most trivial of matters, especially the younger generations. Read that even kids as young as 8 have committed suicide just for being in trouble at school or after an argument with their parents. So does this mean that the younger generations cannot take the roughness with the smooth in life, as most people`s lives are full off ups and downs. What about the last generations that fought and lived through the horrors of war and somehow got themselves through it.

Something is going wrong with society somehow. Maybe young people are under too much pressure today or exposed to too many bad influences? I really don`t know and don`t have any quick answers. Maybe westerners should turn to the Thais for answers, are most Thais appear happy and contented for most of the time.

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I agree with most of what you say and especially if people are terminally ill and suffering, then I believe it`s a mercy to help them die or let them take their own lives.

But when reading news reports worldwide, it seems today that people are taking their own lives for the most trivial of matters, especially the younger generations. Read that even kids as young as 8 have committed suicide just for being in trouble at school or after an argument with their parents. So does this mean that the younger generations cannot take the roughness with the smooth in life, as most people`s lives are full off ups and downs. What about the last generations that fought and lived through the horrors of war and somehow got themselves through it.

Something is going wrong with society somehow. Maybe young people are under too much pressure today or exposed to too many bad influences? I really don`t know and don`t have any quick answers. Maybe westerners should turn to the Thais for answers, are most Thais appear happy and contented for most of the time.

So "bringing happiness back to the people" is working then?:smile:

1 hour ago, sambum said:

So "bringing happiness back to the people" is working then?:smile:

I think the happiness factor has always been there. Thai people are very mai pen rai and laid back. I really think westerners can learn a lot from Thai people, I know I have over the years.

I once had a Scottish friend, not really a close friend more as someone I knew. He discovered that his Thai girlfriend was cheating on him. The guy literally fell to pieces, me and a few others kept watch on him because he became a suicide waiting to happen. Took him several years to get over it. If not having the support of some of us, I truly believe the guy would have done himself in. Thai people take a more, what will be, will be, approach to life.

7 hours ago, HuaKuaGuy88 said:

Article says he was found "laying FACE Down on the bathroom floor"..   Wonder how he got there, if he hanged himself... ???

I don't think a PhD in common sense is required to deduce that the belt, fabric, etc., may have broken/torn under his weight over a period of time, even just a minute after his death??

Article says he was found "laying FACE Down on the bathroom floor"..   Wonder how he got there, if he hanged himself... ???

Not too difficult to work out. Takes the strap, noose in one end knot in the other end. Puts the end with the knot in over the top of the bathroom door and closes the door. Proceeds to hang himself. When the bathroom door was opened it released the strap and he fell to the floor.

I watch John Wayne & wild west movies, which keeps me sane ...... & out of trouble  All the crap these days, movies & tv etc, must have an influence on the youth today ..... unreal the attitude to life these days, especially here. BUT ......... this is  etc etc. 

10 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Maybe it`s the bad influences found on the Internet that is the main culprit for many people committing suicide these days.

People are being unwittingly groomed into ways of thinking or types of cultures that discretely put across a human life is not sacred and it`s acceptable and a right for people to terminate their own lives if they so wish. There are many websites dedicated to showing ways of committing suicide and probably how many that do take their lives learn the methods of how to do it.

I have a cousin in the States suffering from depression. She emailed me and said that when the actor, Robin Williams killed himself, that he gave others permission to do the same. All part of a weird culture being peddled by certain individuals and groups online, especially on the social media that can have dangerous influences on people almost like a kind of cult that is shaping people`s lives. Oh dear, my girlfriend doesn`t love me, I`ve run out of money. I know; I`ll jump off a ten story building tonight, that will solve all my problems.

We should question what sort of society is being created among people today and especially online, where boundaries should be drawn.

The results of a Godless society. 

12 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

what's wrong with all these Farang suicide things? I hardly stay 1 day without a news that 1 Farang has killed himself.

ive meet people who have had a taste of Thailand and the way of life and the freedom here it ruins them and when they see no future of being able to stay here the reality of real life in their home land  is too much for them. ive also herd of stupid things farangs have done to try to finance their stay here. they seem to lose all their seances. amazing what pussy can do to a man.

2 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

Whether or not it was suicide is unknown...but.. most civilized countries do not report suicides at all ...ever. 

As we all know, in Thailand they do, hence the reason we read news stories on so many suicides.

There's been a move away from that in Australia, and they are now more often than not reported.  Where family specifically request that a suicide not be reported, that's usually respected.

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/document-search/standard-suicide-reporting/

Such reports are usually used as an opportunity to plug help groups such as Beyond Blue, Lifeline, etc., and that's difficult to argue with as it makes those unaware of such organizations, but contemplating self harm, of such groups.  That's a good thing.

Edited by F4UCorsair

As a very close friend of the person this story relates to, (some family yet to be informed of his death, so no names mentioned) , depression is a silent killer, nothing to see here, nothing suspicious, no conspiracy theories, so please move along and let the family and friends grieve in peace.

Thank you..

5 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

Whether or not it was suicide is unknown...but.. most civilized countries do not report suicides at all ...ever. 

As we all know, in Thailand they do, hence the reason we read news stories on so many suicides.

At least 1 person who understands it. Indeed in most Western countries its not reported. 

38 minutes ago, Petercas said:

As a very close friend of the person this story relates to, (some family yet to be informed of his death, so no names mentioned) , depression is a silent killer, nothing to see here, nothing suspicious, no conspiracy theories, so please move along and let the family and friends grieve in peace.

Thank you..

Sorry for your loss, and thanks for the vital indicator [depression]

It is indeed a silent killer..a nasty nasty infliction.

Sorry to say tho that the <removed> who see otherwise will continue to post their nonsense unabated.

17 hours ago, car720 said:

You've got to love all of the recent MMA mentality.

I think hollywood has a lot to answer for.

For myself, personally, I prefer the John Wick style.

I like the Indiana Jones style. Guns always seem to be more effective than kicking, hitting or throwing knives :cheesy:

People need to learn to keep their mouths shut when they don't know the facts. This article is completely inaccurate. The newspaper has already been given the correct information and asked to amend it or take the article down. This man was my friend, and Dana is like a sister to me. Dana was not his girlfriend, they were best mates, she is actually married and has been happily for 10 years. She had a friend come with her who had to break down the front door as it was deadlocked from the inside. When she pushed the bathroom door open his body fell from the door onto the floor. Her mother came and sat with her on the floor in the bathroom for 2 hours until officials arrived. He had suffered from depression for a long time, end of story. Depression and insomnia is the biggest killer of men worldwide. Let him rest in peace.

9 minutes ago, jlena said:

People need to learn to keep their mouths shut when they don't know the facts. This article is completely inaccurate. The newspaper has already been given the correct information and asked to amend it or take the article down. This man was my friend, and Dana is like a sister to me. Dana was not his girlfriend, they were best mates, she is actually married and has been happily for 10 years. She had a friend come with her who had to break down the front door as it was deadlocked from the inside. When she pushed the bathroom door open his body fell from the door onto the floor. Her mother came and sat with her on the floor in the bathroom for 2 hours until officials arrived. He had suffered from depression for a long time, end of story. Depression and insomnia is the biggest killer of men worldwide. Let him rest in peace.

Thanks for the facts as you show them ,that all makes sense.

And i'm sorry for your loss ..You have enough on your mind right now, but if ,as you say the newspaper have been given this information and have not ammended it, i would be considering legal action.

The nonsense as posted by the news is reposted on this forum and all the morons in the world come out and make their pathetic jokes, and smartarse comments at will it appears as you point out.

This forum should ensure that on such sensitive topics that these morons do not get their posts published.

27 minutes ago, happyas said:

Thanks for the facts as you show them ,that all makes sense.

And i'm sorry for your loss ..You have enough on your mind right now, but if ,as you say the newspaper have been given this information and have not ammended it, i would be considering legal action.

The nonsense as posted by the news is reposted on this forum and all the morons in the world come out and make their pathetic jokes, and smartarse comments at will it appears as you point out.

This forum should ensure that on such sensitive topics that these morons do not get their posts published.

We are shattered but in the end all that matters is that he isn't in pain anymore. People need to have some respect for family and friends in these situations before running their mouths off. He just wanted peace and now he has found it.