Another sickening attack as boy nearly dies in Ayutthaya after fifth attack by same dog

webfact

10-year-old boy hailed hero in savage dog attack

By Thai PBS

nop1.jpg

AYUTTHAYA: -- Ten-year-old Noppachai Rungruang becomes a young hero after he chased away a vicious dog and carried his 5-year-old neighbour, who sustained severe injuries from a dog attack, to safety.

The incident happened on July 20 at about 6.30pm when Noppachai, 10, and Sirin Nual-anong, 5, were walking home from a playground near their houses in Ayutthaya’s Tha Rua district.

All of a sudden, a mixed-breed dog named “Choke” ran to them and attacked Sirin, biting him on the face and head.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/10-year-old-boy-hailed-hero-savage-dog-attack/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-26

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, silent said:

I gather you don't like dogs or respect people that have one? 

Let me answer this.

I like dogs as long they're staying a good distance away from me.

I don't respect people who own murderous dogs and let them roam freely in the sois so these can attack people and children.

They attack me or anyone in my family they're dead meat.

Have a nice dog day.

Just like many falangs the dog owner failed to become the alpha dog and gets no real respect and he wonders why he has problems. 

Right, now you are shoring up our arguments.

Any dogs who are running around wild in the street, and not sufficiently dominated or trained to follow instructions given by human beings, should be put down if they are reported as a nuisance.

Any dogs which are abused by human beings and develop bad habits need to be put down.

Another simple test, in my opinion, if you drive along the road and the dog dominates the space instead of staying clear of the road should be shot.

Screw the dogs, they do not add anything positive to my life whatsoever. Just shoot them all, if I have a dog It will not allowed to roam the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using thumbs

On 7/25/2017 at 4:28 AM, Thaiverymuch said:

OMB I hope they put the dog to sleep, this must never ever happen to anyone again. The poor little boy, I hope he recovers well. Bless his heart emoji120.pngemoji257.pngemoji173.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot the <deleted> thing

23 hours ago, silent said:

I gather you don't like dogs or respect people that have one? 

Why would I like a creature that brought my daughter off her motor bike  knocking her unconscious and hospitalised?  Or caused damage to my car when it collided with me causing me to be deprived of transport for two weeks?

Why would I like a creature who allows this to happen by owning a dog?

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Jail  owner of dog.Put dog to sleep.Reward the 10 year old hero.

Don't be daft. The owner will pass a couple of envelopes and that will be that. He's also fixed the fence so the dog can't attack a SIXTH person so no dead dog. The lad got a huge 3000 bt scholarship and a free badge. Good old Thai values. Laughable and shameless.

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 6:31 AM, edwinchester said:

That particular dog would have ceased being a problem way before the 5th attack in our village.

If it attacked me or any one else in the family just once it would be dead. 

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Why would I like a creature that brought my daughter off her motor bike  knocking her unconscious and hospitalised?  Or caused damage to my car when it collided with me causing me to be deprived of transport for two weeks?

Why would I like a creature who allows this to happen by owning a dog?

+ my ex girlfriend broke 2 fingers and got gravel rash when a dog ran out to attack her as she rode a scooter

+ straight fear - my boy goes out to play on his bike and there are sometimes between 3 and 6 dogs camped up on the bridge that might go on the rampage.

Even walking down the road with GATED premises, the dogs can almost give you a heart attack when they launch their surprise barking attack.

If you have a relationship with a dog, it's obviously a different matter. You can't compare dogs you know with dogs you don't know... but if you do get a dog, just keep it away from me, don't ever let it snarl at me because I'll smash it's face in with a stick.

I'm done with dogs.

Most dogs have an instinct that tells them that they cannot attack children. A dog that does not have this instinct is defective and cannot be allowed to live or breed. A dog that will sometimes snap at a kid who hurts it is understandable but they do NOT attack. Common sense should tell the authorities that dog that attack children need to be put down. 

If you have a wild dog problem, buy a slingshot and start chasing them off.  At first, they will come back as they think they are king, and they will look at you like your some kind of idiot for messing with them.  But, if you keep at it every time they show up they will move on.  You can buy one by searching on lazada.co.th.

2 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Funny,  we haven't had a word from the compassionate expats and tourists who stop and give love and food to these pitiful mangy curs.

not apply one single measure to everything, put all in one pot. 

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My question is  Who owns this dog that won't  be killed off, The mayor, or Police chief or

a powerful politician, or rich family member.  The animal has no right  to still be alive

Geezer

there does seem a LACK of info on this attack.

if its happened 4times before and the dogs home is next to the childrens playground,why as no action been taken by the parents of the children that play there.

i expect if its not your kid WHY BOTHER.

it does seem a bit hush hush.

12 hours ago, The manic said:

you are really feeling that poor child's pain aren't  you? 

I had already offered solutions relevant to the way the country does things that would prevent further attacks. Rather than solutions that suit 'Western' ways. This was a conversation after that with another poster.

I also offered solutions at the Rabies Convention the government had. And was requested to write a joint written essay that was sent to the Princess for ideas to battle rabies.

But if the poor boys family only want useless TV comments, rather than some sort of action, then 'oh the poor boy'. Happy? Really solving future attacks? Generally sympathy is a given in these threads. It doesn't need to repeated 1000 times.

Edited by wildewillie89

13 minutes ago, meatboy said:

useless TV comments.post 172

some sort of action.post 172

the only action you will ever see comes in a brown envelope.T.I.T.

Are you suggesting the relevant people (I'll save you here) wants a brown envelope regarding ideas to battle rabies? As far as I am aware they just wants differing ideas on how to battle a serious issue. 

Still to this day I have never paid any sort of bribe. I feel sorry for the members who feel they have to. But that is a completely different conversation. 

Edited by wildewillie89

5 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

nice job by those local authorities; allowing 5 attacks and doing nothing:saai:

It is a police matter due to the dog having an owner. I know it would be a local authorities matter back home, but not here in Thai. 

That is part of the problem though, as these things happen all of the time, the police either can't be bothered with the constant fining of people or are busy with other police work. 

Should be moved to municipality jurisdiction (at the moment only 'public' dogs are).

Edited by wildewillie89

58 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

It is a police matter due to the dog having an owner. I know it would be a local authorities matter back home, but not here in Thai. 

That is part of the problem though, as these things happen all of the time, the police either can't be bothered with the constant fining of people or are busy with other police work. 

Should be moved to municipality jurisdiction (at the moment only 'public' dogs are).

you got to be out in front for POSTER OF THE YEAR.:signthaivisa:

There's no question in my mind that the story, as reported, represents a clear case of gross negligence on the part of the owner. In a (slightly more) perfect world he should be held criminally and civilly responsible. The dog should be removed and either contained or euthanized. Unfortunately we do not live in a place where Cesar Millan spends thousands of man-hours to rehabilitate such an animal.

Failing to do all of the above only continues to provide ammunition to the "kill all the dogs" brigade, who are always well represented in this forum.