PM warns against mobilising Yingluck's supporters

webfact

2 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

All this is doing is keeping the lid on the pot.

I haven't seen any policy, of the government, that seriously addresses the root causes of division in Thai society. Until Thailand seriously addresses the imbalance between the Haves and Havenots then the pot will continue to simmer.:crying:

Try the world mate,every country the same.The havenots in any country have to seriously stand up for months and prepare to die.Some countries it works.Syria it didn't.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

the word democracy is nothing more than a smoke screen .... it doesn't mean jack shit.

Look at Australia, the US and other supposedly democratic societies,  someone is elected ... usually just another a**hole and then implements all the policies that feather his own nest or jobs for the boys. Taxes go up, food prices rise, energy costs in Australia are at record highs ...  and I could go on ....

If that's what makes a democratic society ,  then you can have it .

I prefer it the most sensible way ......   and that's what is happening in Thailand.

democracy is not something that works everywhere ....  it is not a must have approach or something that is cast in stone ....  it's simply just a bullshit word . imo

Silly

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I congratulate your honesty.

Many others have tried to claim that what he is doing is 'legal' or 'moral' or 'legitimate'.

You recognize that it is simply oppression.

Kudos!

If there is a group possibly plotting civil unrest or even civil war, possibly trying to get arms to supply a possible armed uprising, if there is a group even thinking about breaking up the country, yes, it may be called oppression, but it certainly might be called needed.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

So you whinge and whine but cannot answer my question.

None of you could even hold a candle to Khun Prayuth.

You just know how to whinge.lol

None of those of the Thais amongst us could even hold a candle to Prayuth?  Correct!  We can't hold a placard, or a poster, or even, it now seems, an OPINION!

We can't gather in groups to discuss the occupation of the country, nor can we broadcast, print, blog or vlog about the peoples' real feelings and dissatisfaction with this self imposed, narcissistic incompetent who appears to becoming more deranged and deluded daily.  I am just waiting for him to declare himself "Father of the Nation" or some other claptrap.  He's clearly already eyeing the "President for Life" title!  Now we have to endure his immature, inane attempts at "poetry" and "song" and are supposed to look up to this ridiculous little despot?

That is the crux of the matter.  The people are supposed to look UP at the silly little general, while he and his self-enriching sycophants look DOWN at the Thai people over the barrel of a gun, all the time protected by their immoral blanket amnesty and an ever increasing arsenal of expensive weapons actually stolen out of the mouths of the very people they pretend to be serving.

Seriously becoming more silly and "Amin"-esque" by the day

What else do people have left, but to whinge, whine?

Don't worry Steven 100 (percent behind the junta), I'm sure you look stunning in your head cheerleader outfit.

Edited by saminoz

44 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I respect your comments always Eric.  I just know Thailand is better with the Junta in control,  it has security and you can still do anything as normal.

Good one ...  tks

The expert has spoken, he knows Thailand is better off under a military dictatorship.  It has security?  Tell that to the people in the South. And yes, you can still "do anything as normal", apart from a few minor things like express an opinion, read 1984, eat a sandwich and read 1984, look at a website, press like on FB, meet with more than 5 people in a park, twerk more than 3 times, question any decision the "government" makes (see "express and opinion" above), ask how your "PM" got so rich etc., but these are minor things an which shouldn't worry about them too much because apart from that the country is in great hands and is not in anyway a laughingstock.

13 minutes ago, hansnl said:

If there is a group possibly plotting civil unrest or even civil war, possibly trying to get arms to supply a possible armed uprising, if there is a group even thinking about breaking up the country, yes, it may be called oppression, but it certainly might be called needed.

What, the civil war or the oppression?

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very good Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha ...:jap:

this is what I mean when I say someone has to control Thailand or there is nothing but trouble.

597670599021d_KhunPrayuth.jpg.1a3c92993a745c941fbd8ab3bba3f2b5.jpg

I wonder, if this regime falls suddenly, or more probably is forced from office suddenly, do you think they will even wave to you as their convoy roars past, protected by their new APCs, heading for the airport and the jet to wherever they run?

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Whether they wave or not you will be forced to stand as it passes. 

You reckon?

They'll  have the streets cleared, and all the windows ordered closed....

lol .... 

The problem with you is you are clueless that they engineered all those troubles that they eventually , according to you, cured. You have zero credibility on here so why not just keep your fascist views to yourself?

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

The problem with you is you are clueless that they engineered all those troubles that they eventually , according to you, cured. You have zero credibility on here so why not just keep your fascist views to yourself?

and so you say ...  well why don't you stop whinging & except the truth as it is.

:coffee1:     don't try and tell me to keep my views to myself.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

and so you say ...  well why don't you stop whinging & except the truth as it is.

Actually, keeping your views to yourself is exactly what your beloved man-child would recommend.  Remember his sage advice: It's ok to think but it's not ok to say what you think.  What LannaGuy said regarding the unrest being engineered is a fact that even Suthep admitted.  It seems that the only person who refuses to accept the "truth" is you and the other dictator-lovers.

4 minutes ago, Saladin said:

From an international legal point of view, is a law legitimate if it has been promulgated by an illegitimate government (military coup against a democratically elected government)?

Really depend on court interpretation. The local judiciary system is not a bastion of being fair and impartial. Examples are plentiful. 

18 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Actually, keeping your views to yourself is exactly what your beloved man-child would recommend.  Remember his sage advice: It's ok to think but it's not ok to say what you think.  What LannaGuy said regarding the unrest being engineered is a fact that even Suthep admitted.  It seems that the only person who refuses to accept the "truth" is you and the other dictator-lovers.

ok. not going in to all of your post. can't be bothered. you mentioned 'truth'. so elaborate. you also mentioned 'dictator lovers'. elaborate

29 minutes ago, steven100 said:

You really do believe in your saviour KP!

And I was under the foolish impression you were being sarcastic all this time as I never thought what you were saying was what you actually believed.

Silly me. :sad:

Yes ....  her popularity is still huge,  how can the millions ever forget her brilliant rice scam ..  sorry, I mean scheme.

She made a mistake.  She, like all Thai politicians, like to play with the economy instead of just letting it run its course.  The junta did the same just recently with the foreign laborers. Malaysia had the same issue, but they handled much much better than your good general.  She will still have legitimate sway for many years.  Your good general and his cronies will need to use force, harassment and intimidation.  

China has better visa policies than Thailand and business people are welcomed.  Thailand is more difficult than most other countries in Asia.  China may lack in liberty, but the pursuit of happiness is alive and well, as you can see by their hordes  flowing into Thailand.  

With regards to your disdain for US and Australian representative governments, they are a little worse for wear at this time, but their progress has a beacon for most of the world.  Rule of law, free press and competitive education are still enjoyed in those places, not true in Thailand. 

A question you may wish to ask yourself is :  Why can Thailand and  Malaysia get on with such little fuss, where Thailand just cannot?  Start comparing Thailand to the rest of Asia.  You may find your autocracy being left in the dust by your neighbors. 

Always happy to talk to you Stephen100

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I am just saying that democracy is nothing more than bullshit word.  How many countries are in good shape because of democracy  ????   zero   :jap:

Thailand is better to be controlled or mayhem develops.

Western perceptions of democracy or even republicanism mean nothing here... far too many visitors to this country fail to understand that although supposedly outlawed in the early 20th Century, it is the Thai system of Sakdina (spelt phonetically, apologies to any pedants out there). Recognized and observed by all Thais, which is at the root of many of the 'issues' in this country and to which most visitors are oblivious. Understand the history of Sakdina and you will better know your adopted homeland and the way Thais interact with each other.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I am just saying that democracy is nothing more than bullshit word.  How many countries are in good shape because of democracy  ????   zero   :jap:

Thailand is better to be controlled or mayhem develops.

And what about freedom of speech? Are you against that too? If you are then I guess you'll vote for the PM to close forums like this one.

2 minutes ago, DeepSea said:

Western perceptions of democracy or even republicanism mean nothing here... far too many visitors to this country fail to understand that although supposedly outlawed in the early 20th Century, it is the Thai system of Sakdina (spelt phonetically, apologies to any pedants out there). Recognized and observed by all Thais, which is at the root of many of the 'issues' in this country and to which most visitors are oblivious. Understand the history of Sakdina and you will better know your adopted homeland and the way Thais interact with each other.

well finally someone who understands Thailand and it's history.

Most farangs here don't have a real clue ....   just whinge about the Junta.

Thank you.

Another Ratchaprasong where the police stood around & did nothing while they erected tents on an 8

lane road ? I would be concerned as well.

She was only following orders from her evil money hungry brother anyway.

This could be a catalyst for a red shirt return & if so you all may have reason to thank the General for maintaining

law & order

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

that's a lot of accusations against a man that is just keeping control of the place in the short term. he's not perfect. he's not a politician. but he's not the demon you suggest

Which one of things I referenced did he not do?