Trump - no transgender people will serve in U.S. military: Twitter

snoop1130

9 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Who, apart from Americans, think it is? 

The millions of people around the world who dream of immigrating there and having a better life.  During my travels to now almost 100 countries, most I meet say they'd love to move to the US or at least visit.  Impossible for most as they are dirt poor.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2017 at 3:43 PM, Jingthing said:

It's relevant that trump was a draft dodger and now thinks he "owns" the military generals. He is indeed commander in chief, and that's tragic because he's a totally immoral sleazeball, but they are not "his" generals. 

By all accounts 45 is mentally ill. But his (R) - for Russia - defenders do not hold him accountable. He certainly wants to be a dictator; that's why he admires dictators so much. His illness is impacting America like nothing before it. He will be - if not already - the most hated individual on this planet. 

On 7/27/2017 at 3:55 PM, Grubster said:

Paid for by the US taxpayer or ME. I don't like it and never will. I have nothing against gays but they have to make their own choices and so do I,  I cannot get cosmetic surgery for free nor should I be able to. If you elect to disfigure yourself you should pay for it and any complications that may arise from it for the rest of your life. And anybody unstable enough to do so should not be allowed in the military. That is my view and you have yours OK.

Do you object - as a taxpayer - to 45's weekly golf outings that cost approx. 3 million per week? 

On 7/27/2017 at 3:57 PM, Thakkar said:

"We don't want to pay for nonsense"

And yet the taxpayers are paying $3m almost every weekend for the president to play golf at his own resorts, a man who had loudly proclaimed he would spend his weekends at The WH.

T

45 is a pathological liar. So anyone who listens to him (his proclamations) or believe him might reconsider. He is mentally ill and needs to be taken out of the U.S. political equation. 

On 7/27/2017 at 5:09 PM, iReason said:

"After his comments about McCain, Trump said it had to do with bone spurs in his heels.

"Trump reportedly was active in college sports, playing baseball, tennis and squash."

"Trump had the opportunity to volunteer and the record speaks for itself that he did not."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jul/21/was-trump-draft-dodger/

1966:

Trump’s previous deferment expired and he was reclassified 1-A (available for military service) on 22 November 1966."

1968:

"Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968."

"According to a statement from the Trump campaign, the 1-Y classification stemmed from Trump’s having bone spurs in both heels."

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/02/donald-trumps-draft-deferments/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/02/how-donald-trump-avoided-the-draft-during-the-vietnam-war/

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/trump-draft-deferment

Donald Trump’s Draft Deferments: Four for College, One for Bad Feet

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.html?mcubz=0

Bone spurs in his feet.

1.png

2.png

3.jpg

4.gif

5.jpg

Another example that he's been a liar his entire life. I suspect he's been mentally ill most/if not all of his life also.

On 7/27/2017 at 5:54 PM, dunroaming said:

I have a heel spur, had it for many years of playing football.  Never used it as an excuse for anything and it doesn't interfere with anything I do.  But then again I have never looked to do any draft dodging as Trump clearly did.

He dodged the draft because he's a COWARD. 

1 hour ago, selftaopath said:

He dodged the draft because he's a COWARD. 

That's not fair. Trump HAD to stay in New York. All those lovely NY models weren't going to buy *themselves* dinner, were they now?

T

Exclusive: Majority of Americans support transgender military service - poll

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - A majority of Americans believe that transgender individuals should be allowed to serve in the military,

according to an exclusive Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday."

"The July 26-28 poll suggested that the country largely disagrees with President Donald Trump's announcement this week that he will ban transgender personnel from the armed forces."

"When asked to weigh in on the debate, 58 percent of adults agreed with the statement, "Transgender people should be allowed to serve in the military." Twenty-seven percent said they should not while the rest answered "don't know."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-military-transgender-poll-idUSKBN1AD2BL

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Exclusive: Majority of Americans support transgender military service - poll

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - A majority of Americans believe that transgender individuals should be allowed to serve in the military,

according to an exclusive Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday."

"The July 26-28 poll suggested that the country largely disagrees with President Donald Trump's announcement this week that he will ban transgender personnel from the armed forces."

"When asked to weigh in on the debate, 58 percent of adults agreed with the statement, "Transgender people should be allowed to serve in the military." Twenty-seven percent said they should not while the rest answered "don't know."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-military-transgender-poll-idUSKBN1AD2BL

Good policy is not always the most popular policy.   Politicians are elected to make the tough calls, not make friends.

1 minute ago, F4UCorsair said:

Good policy is not always the most popular policy.   Politicians are elected to make the tough calls, not make friends.

And the evidence that this is good policy? We know Trump lied about consulting the military before doing this. There was a study the results of which were due in December.  It makes for  good policy to go off half-cocked without waiting for evidence?

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

And the evidence that this is good policy? We know Trump lied about consulting the military before doing this. There was a study the results of which were due in December.  It makes for  good policy to go off half-cocked without waiting for evidence?

If 99% of the population supported it, if it had total support of the military brass, you'd still ridicule it because Trump is involved.  Most are tiring of the jaundiced views of the few, swamping threads with hate.

Just now, F4UCorsair said:

If 99% of the population supported it, if it had total support of the military brass, you'd still ridicule it because Trump is involved.  Most are tiring of the jaundiced views of the few, swamping threads with hate.

I guess this is the kind of clueless and fact-free accusation you're compelled to make when the facts are overwhelmingly against you.

Just point out that the military, any military is not a equal rights employer.  Never has been, never will be. If you can't meet the current standards set don't apply. If you have any medical issues forget it. Those who qualify as 4F need not apply either.  Waste of time.  You can not have any weak links or distractions. It's a war machine built with only one purpose to defend and to "win".

1 minute ago, Mrjlh said:

Just point out that the military, any military is not a equal rights employer.  Never has been, never will be. If you can't meet the current standards set don't apply. If you have any medical issues forget it. Those who qualify as 4F need not apply either.  Waste of time.  You can not have any weak links or distractions. It's a war machine built with only one purpose to defend and to "win".

The question is whether or not transgender service members are "weak links." The military has a report due in December on that very question. Apparently, you have done your own comprehensive study of the issue. Care to tell us where can download it?

On 7/27/2017 at 7:23 PM, dunroaming said:

Maybe the "wrong en" to you but many people are proud of their variety choices and share their adventures with everyone who will listen.  Maybe you have a rule book about what type of sex is acceptable and what isn't.  The rest of us tend to be less repressed than you seem to be.

45 and his regime care more a/b military personnel sexual orientation than a hostile foreign govt. hacking our election or having an administration that collaborates with this very same hostile foreign government.

On 7/27/2017 at 7:39 PM, Thakkar said:

"Trump's duty is to the Constitution"

Then he should stop threatening the Press.

Stop supporting voter suppression efforts.

Stop threatening the independence of the Judiciary.

Respect Jeff Session's Recusal from the Russia investigation.

Stop demanding loyalty from people whose only loyalty should be to the law and the Constitution.

Tell your hero to do his duty to the constitution.

T

I agree Thakkar. However 45 cares NOT for rule of law or the U.S. Constitution. He wants to RULE. His band of bigots/power mongers/draft dodgers and basic illiterates are enabling him.  45 and his Russian/Bannon thinkers, whose priority is not democracy, are maneuvering U.S. personnel in various U.S. institutions to bring a/b the collapse of American and install 45 as dictator for life. 

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

Politicians are elected to make the tough calls, not make friends.

All Trumps aides say he isn't a Politician, that's why he needs us to give him a break! You do NOT make a decision concerning the Military when your Secretary of Defence and ALL your Generals including the Chief of The General Staff know nothing about it, and then announce it by tweet. Stop defending the madman on everything.

Edited by Andaman Al

On 7/27/2017 at 7:54 PM, Andaman Al said:

If you spent 4-6 operational tours in close quarter combat listening to the sound of artillery , seeing mates blown up, shot in the head or belly you would have erectile dysfunction as the MINIMUM of your problems. It is almost impossible to return home from that and live a normal life again. Not everyone gets erectile dysfunction or PTSD but a huge amount do.

Hell I think 45 has erectile dysfunction and has never defended America then or now. I bet the bully punk has never been in a bare knuckle fight in his life. He wants everybody to fight his battles for him. Like ALL bullies he is a COWARD.

35 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The question is whether or not transgender service members are "weak links." The military has a report due in December on that very question. Apparently, you have done your own comprehensive study of the issue. Care to tell us where can download it?

The question is not if they are a weak link, the question becomes do you think a man walking around in a combat zone dressed as a woman is a distraction?  In the old movie series "Mash",   Corporal Klinger was  trying to get out of the service would in fact never happen. It was meant to be a parody of real life. He wasn't crazy , just trying to get out of the war. He was a distraction.

2 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

The question is not if they are a weak link, the question becomes do you think a man walking around in a combat zone dressed as a woman is a distraction?  In the old movie series "Mash",   Corporal Klinger was  trying to get out of the service would in fact never happen. It was meant to be a parody of real life. He wasn't crazy , just trying to get out of the war. He was a distraction.

Good to know that the source of your upcoming report is a fictional TV series. I await it with interest.

37 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

In the old movie series "Mash",   Corporal Klinger was  trying to get out of the service would in fact never happen.

It was meant to be a parody of real life.

He wasn't crazy , just trying to get out of the war.

He was a distraction.

A T.V. comedy show is a source for your opinion ?

Buddha help us...

7 minutes ago, iReason said:

A T.V. comedy show is a source for your opinion ?

Buddha help us...

Opinions don't need a source.  Well...maybe yours do.

6 hours ago, selftaopath said:

Do you object - as a taxpayer - to 45's weekly golf outings that cost approx. 3 million per week? 

No I do not, Are you saying that the President of the United States of America should not be able to golf on weekends. Think about how stupid that is, I golf whenever I want to. He is the POTUS and that comes with a massive amount of security and Air Force One. I don't like Trump but my god, do you think the presidency is a prison term or what? Why do many people always complain about what any POTUS does for leisure, and other politicians use it against them in campaigns as Trump did with Obama.  I guess some were dumb enough to think their was something wrong with it.

15 minutes ago, Grubster said:

No I do not, Are you saying that the President of the United States of America should not be able to golf on weekends. Think about how stupid that is, I golf whenever I want to. He is the POTUS and that comes with a massive amount of security and Air Force One. I don't like Trump but my god, do you think the presidency is a prison term or what? Why do many people always complain about what any POTUS does for leisure, and other politicians use it against them in campaigns as Trump did with Obama.  I guess some were dumb enough to think their was something wrong with it.

President Trump is perfectly entitled to his leisure. The objection isn't about that. It's about:

His utter shameless hypocrisy for relentlessly criticizing Obama for golfing just one third as much as he does.

The fact that, as president, he declared he would spend weekends at the WH.

The fact that, since he plays at his own resorts at taxpayer expense, his leisure is impossible, to separate from his self-dealing and profit-making.

T

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not the same thing at all being a conscientious objector. So, of course, no. 

Some say that conscientious objectors are cowards.

Those who enlist to fight in unjust wars, well, a lot can be said for them. Maybe an easy job, neglecting all their values for money. I'm not saying they are but some might say. I'm sure some actually believe the wars are just and want to help their country. 

Edited by MrPatrickThai