Bomb Scare Tonight At Major Cineplex, Airport Plaze

Thomat

When I was leaving a movie at around 8 pm tonight at Airport Plaza everything was being shut down. I was planning to see another movie, but was told the movie area was closed due to a bomb threat. At about 8:30 the whole area was dark and deserted except for a security guard using a walkie-talkie and looking concerned.

In the rest of Airport Plaza it was business as usual, shutting down for the regular 9 pm closing. I ate at a restaurant before leaving and there was no indication and no knowledge anywhere that anything was wrong.

Edited by Thomat

When I was leaving a movie at around 8 pm tonight at Airport Plaza everything was being shut down. I was planning to see another movie, but was told the movie area was closed due to a bomb threat. At about 8:30 the whole area was dark and deserted except for a security guard using a walkie-talkie and looking concerned.

In the rest of Airport Plaza it was business as usual, shutting down for the regular 9 pm closing. I ate at a restaurant before leaving and there was no indication and no knowledge anywhere that anything was wrong.

Wonderful to hear that a security guard was using a wireless transmitting device during a bomb threat. Very comforting. (Do these people get ANY security training, or just issued a whistle, baton and handcuffs?)

The Fly Fisherman :o

Stupidity, is the best term I can figure to be attached to whomever puts credibility to posts on rumours about rumours about someone who is taking precautions against eventual reality in rumours someone has heard about a BOMB!!! ...

Edited by Cyberstar

Utter rubbish!! If that had been the case the whole Plaza would have been shut down, and the place swarming with the BIB. If you are going to troll on your first post, make it a good one, and don't joke about a particularly serious subject to try and make a name for yourself!!!

Utter rubbish!! If that had been the case the whole Plaza would have been shut down, and the place swarming with the BIB. If you are going to troll on your first post, make it a good one, and don't joke about a particularly serious subject to try and make a name for yourself!!!

May as well get some value out of this thread....... MM you back yet ????

Gonzo

May as well get some value out of this thread....... MM you back yet ????

Gonzo

I think that he will be in the air now, somewhere about 11,000 metres.

Wonderful to hear that a security guard was using a wireless transmitting device during a bomb threat. Very comforting. (Do these people get ANY security training, or just issued a whistle, baton and handcuffs?)

I wonder how many shopping mall security guards in the US of A would know not to use their walki-talki duing a bomb threat?? They are, after all, shopping mall guards....not special forces. I do not think it is limited to "these people" only. JMO

The Fly Fisherman :D

I wonder how many shopping mall security guards in the US of A would know not to use their walki-talki duing a bomb threat?? They are, after all, shopping mall guards....not special forces. I do not think it is limited to "these people" only. JMO

An understandable opinion too. :D

But with all the attention given to turning off electronic devices such as cell phones during some of the most common daily activities such as filling your gas tank, (despite the fact that this has been proven not to cause gasoline fires, but the signs are on every pump,) or flying in a plane, and the remarkable number of times TV and movies have talked about not using electronic transmitting devices such as cell phones, garage door openers, etc., during terrorist threats that enough of the general public has heard that this can be dangerous. it probabply doesn't take an SAS or Delta Force trained soldier or policeperson to know that using a tranceiver can be a possible danger, especially from secondary devices. All it takes is watching TV, reading a new novel, or seeing some movies, not special training these days.

Oh.... and thinking before acting. There in lies the rub. :o

The Fly Fisherman

Since it was business as usual in the rest of Airport Plaza, there were undoubetly several hundred other wireless transmitting devices in use nearby. Perhaps the guard just figured one more would not make a difference.

Since it was business as usual in the rest of Airport Plaza, there were undoubetly several hundred other wireless transmitting devices in use nearby. Perhaps the guard just figured one more would not make a difference.

You're probably correct. Let's thank our Gods that, in this case, you are. :o

The Fly Fisherman

The Fly Fisherman :D

An understandable opinion too. :D

But with all the attention given to turning off electronic devices such as cell phones during some of the most common daily activities such as filling your gas tank, (despite the fact that this has been proven not to cause gasoline fires, but the signs are on every pump,) or flying in a plane, and the remarkable number of times TV and movies have talked about not using electronic transmitting devices such as cell phones, garage door openers, etc., during terrorist threats that enough of the general public has heard that this can be dangerous. it probabply doesn't take an SAS or Delta Force trained soldier or policeperson to know that using a tranceiver can be a possible danger, especially from secondary devices. All it takes is watching TV, reading a new novel, or seeing some movies, not special training these days.

Oh.... and thinking before acting. There in lies the rub. :o

The Fly Fisherman

Well, I have watched my fair share of movies, and I did not know about the hazards of using a wireless device near a possible bomb. People are not put into these situations on a daily basis, unlike flying of filling their tank, so I would not assume it to be common knowledge. These are rare events and many people do not know how to act, including myself.

That cell phones constitute a fire hazard at petrol stations has been disproved by several tests so you can keep babbling on your phone when you fill up gas. :D

The incidents where it was suspected are far more likely to be a result of static electricity produced when a person steps out of the car after rubbing against the car seat... I think it was... saw it on Mythbusters :o

:D

When i drive in to pump my gas .. i hate to wait so i usually call my friends and talk ..

guess i like living life dangerously

Actually, you're quite safe. :o

This idea about cell phones creating a spark was vigerously tested at M.I.T. using dozens of phones, gasoline, gasoline fumes, inside enclosed areas, outside in windy conditions, etc., and no one could get any ignition. Must be like the radiation scare people passed around when color TV's first came on the market.

The Fly Fisherman