Water Pump.

chiangrai

I had a post already about this subject.I needed to buy a water pump

to boost my water pressure going inta a gas shower water heater.

At the moment the automatic cut off in the shower water heater

kicks in and we can't have a hot shower.

So I got some advice on what kind of pump to buy and headed for HomePro,

looking for an inline,automatic pump which gives out a minimum pressure of 1 bar.

This is what I came back with,an automatic,well pump which gives off 1 bar of pressure.

I paid 2500bht for it.Is this the right pump..........there wasn't much of a choice.

Please tell me it is because my wife has thrown away the box,the instructions and 

the receipt.

Didn't see the picture but that sounds very cheap for a good quality automatic pump. For some reason I don't really like Home Pro...If the pump isn't what you want, check what you want at Home Pro then compare to Global House and ThaiWatsadu.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

two items surprise about this post who needs a hot shower in Thailand  i know  that my wife always keeps boxes etc 1 for the recycle man   or 2 more commonly for return   when it breaks down  after just a short while

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 8:09 PM, carlyai said:

Didn't see the picture but that sounds very cheap for a good quality automatic pump. For some reason I don't really like Home Pro...If the pump isn't what you want, check what you want at Home Pro then compare to Global House and ThaiWatsadu.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Just replaced ours after 9 years of use, started dictating to us, when and when we couldn't have a shower, changed a few things, 200 baht here, 300 baht there, was working fine for a while then decided to run continuously, so I said to the builder to replace it with the same one which we purchased, easy work for him, and to connect another 1,000 litre water tank to the existing one, which he did, when I said to him, what do I owe you, he said how much you want for the pump, I said if you take the pump we are square, he almost did a back flip.

The replacement pump cost us just under 4,000 baht, it was 4,500 when we originally purchased it, and DoHome have a good variety of water pumps.

On 01/08/2017 at 8:26 PM, Lamkyong said:

two items surprise about this post who needs a hot shower in Thailand  i know  that my wife always keeps boxes etc 1 for the recycle man   or 2 more commonly for return   when it breaks down  after just a short while

Yes same same, the wife always keeps the boxes in case we have to take an item back that is under warranty, as for the receipts, I have learned to photocopy those printed out flimsy ones from HomePro or DoHome, they are the same type you get from Tesco, because after a few months they will be blank and there can be no argument when you produce a printed back up.

Personally I reckon they do this to be able to minimise returns on warranty, call me paranoid, but if you can't produce a receipt with a date and the item on there, good luck replacing it or getting it fixed.

I also pay by debit card, because on my statement it will show the company I purchased the items from and then I can get them to look up my wife's DoHome or HomePro card on that date which will specify what we purchased, i.e. that is if I forgot to photocopy the receipt, no one rips me off in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter, can have a go...lol

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 8/1/2017 at 5:26 PM, Lamkyong said:

If you live in the deep tropical south, you might well not need a hot shower. I don't think I would. But up in Issan, the water can be very chilly in the winter. And I gather that up in the north, it gets even colder.

My wife would keep everything, no matter how useless it might be, unless I have my regular culls around the house. Thais have got to be the world's worst hoarders!