More filth and rubbish flowing into the sea in Pattaya

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Clean up the rubbish??? This is something that is coming in from the ocean mostly. Has already made the water sick. I guess we are a little bit late for a gang of volounteers

Its those bloody Burmese again, its time they learnt what recycle means

As for the sewage well please dont mention that

18 hours ago, swissie said:

Instead of launching useless "complaints" to Authorities, them not willing or able to do something about it, why not form some "neighborhood-anti-garbage-defense-leagues".

1 hour of Community-work per week per person would achieve more than launching complaints.

- Soon such efforts by citizens would hit Facebook, serving as a big wake-up call to "Authorities".

A case in point: Due to the lack of customers, the vendors of Jomtien-Beach have "packed it in". Never giving it any thought of cleaning up their own "place of business" to (re)-attract the Tourists.

Of course not, rather waiting for "government-action", or Farang-Tourists, forming voluntary Clean-up-Brigades (as has happened before).
Well, at the end of the day, it's a Mentality-Thing, unfortunately.
Cheers.

Keep up the social media photo barrage, in the end the authorities will be embarrassed enough to do something more permanent than a quick fix or a volunteer cleanup once a week

8 hours ago, harada said:

I haven't been to Pattaya for about 30years but I can remember the huge stormwater drain on Beach Rd gushing out black water into the sea and people were swimming within 50 metres of it, I often wonder If they are still alive. :bah:

Doubt it

8 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

How about just putting enough rubbish bins in place throughout Pattaya, re-educating people to use them, and impose fines on people not using them. Works in Bangkok..

Garbage bin won't stop all the raw sewage, chemicals and other assorted waste products being pumped and flowing into the sea where they expect tourists to swim.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, canuckamuck said:

Are you thinking there are lots of poor people living beachfront in Pattaya?

There aren't many Thais LIVING on the beachfront. They work in the hotels etc, but they live elsewhere.

However, even the expensive hotel's management don't think it's THEIR job to keep the place clean.