How does it stay so hot at night?

Hal65

21 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No, I meant near an ocean as I wrote. If you look at a map you will see that parts of Thailand are on the Indian Ocean. Pattaya, however, is not.

Indian_Ocean-CIA_WFB_Map.png

The Indian Ocean is a fairly warm body of water though not quite as warm as the gulf of Thailand, as far as I know.

Thailand's West coast is on the Andaman Sea and the Straights of Malacca, as I mentioned. Yes, the Indian Ocean is the larger body of water West of those two smaller bodies of water.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Thailand's West coast is on the Andaman Sea and the Straights of Malacca, as I mentioned. Yes, the Indian Ocean is the larger body of water West of those two smaller bodies of water.

Look at the map.

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

There are eaves all around my rented house and its surrounded by large trees, to the extent that there are very few areas where plants/shrubs (that require close to full sun to flower), can be planted - and the internal area of the house  is pretty much in full shade, apart from small areas for a short amount of time.

There are mossie screens on nearly every door/window.

All windows with mossie screens are left open day and night, although I do close downstairs external doors at night as my dogs are even less likely to wake up if someone breaks in than myself :laugh:!  All upstairs doors/windows are open day and night, as they all have mossie screens.

Hence my conclusion that the concrete house absorbs heat and acts as a storage heater - although I'd add that the placing of windows is badly designed i.e. only small windows in areas that would appreciate large windows to 'catch' the wind, and large areas of window in areas that don't 'catch the wind'! 

We had external vinyl roller blinds install on all the windows facing the arvo sun and we found it made a huge difference to the inside temperature of the rooms, however not much you can do with single brick walls.  Cheeers

On 8/5/2017 at 1:52 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Er, and while we are on a subject like this, i'd like to know why it gets dark once the sun has gone down....

Careful, or some smartass will come along and tell you we've known the sun doesn't actually go down since Copernicus in the 1500's.

Not me mind you.  But some smartass...

10pm and its 86 degrees F here in Pattaya. I don't get how this is possible. When I was in BKK someone told me the immenisty of the city traps the heat, but Pattaya is not that large.

How does it stay so hot at night, then, well after the sun has gone down? The high during the daytime was 88 and looks to be 87 tomorrow so its like the sun isn't even much of a factor in the temperature.

Mostly to do with the 3 weather seasons in Thailand: Hot, Hotter and Hell.

Close your windows after 9 am, pull the blinds down to block sunlight and run the aircon at 90 mph!

And now for the hardest bit, don't do alchool if you can when it heats up...drink lot's of cool water, avoid read meat, heavy food, very hot curries and don't overdo the hanky panky in bed for more then say 20 minutes.

And don't forget the lovely pool in front of the villa to dip in on a regular basis with your head well covered during the day.

Edited by observer90210

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, observer90210 said:

Close your windows after 9 am, pull the blinds down to block sunlight and run the aircon at 90 mph!

And now for the hardest bit, don't do alchool if you can when it heats up...drink lot's of cool water, avoid read meat, heavy food, very hot curries and don't overdo the hanky panky in bed for more then say 20 minutes.

And don't forget the lovely pool in front of the villa to dip in on a regular basis with your head well covered during the day.

don't overdo the hanky panky in bed for more then say 20 minutes.

What a wet blanket! The hotter and sweatier it gets the better, Yum.

20 minutes :cheesy:.

:sorry:

On 8/5/2017 at 3:18 AM, TooPoopedToPop said:

These two posts answer the OP's question.

Na .. it's caused by people running air con at night causing lots of heat to come out of those fan things on the side of buildings .......... true .... believe me ...