Monk's assistant hacked to death at Phuket temple

rooster59

Monk's assistant hacked to death at Phuket temple 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1501913302_1-org.jpg

Temple assistant 17-year-old Wei Pew Ar from Myanmar was hacked to death at Wat Baan Don, in central Phuket. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A Myanmar teenager who for the past year served as a temple assistant in central Phuket was slain in an attack on temple grounds in the early hours of this morning (Aug 5).

The body of 17-year-old Wei Pew Ar was found by Phra Srimeangkan Songprakon, a monk at Wat Ban Don (Thepkrasattri Temple), at 6am.

Mr Wei’s body was found in front of a monk’s house. He had suffered multiple slash and stab wounds. His right hand was nearly severed.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/monk-assistant-hacked-to-death-at-phuket-temple-63333.php#Pzqjuq6dQCXmlSl0.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-05

Land of smiles ...................... be careful out there, Thais tolerate you, this crime was in a temple, very sad indeed 

The last few weeks has shown how Thais are being prepared for adult life in various schools, there is a rage and deep hatred of foreigners, it is becoming increasingly difficult to hide stuff in the interest of tourism because of social media.....oh they wish they could, this is a violent country 

"Money number one" and law enforcement is zero unless you are paying for it, Thailand is still very much 3rd world

Those that are living here ............................ you might be liked and found a good one, cut the money supply off and see if they are willing to work 40 hours a week like you did 

10 hours ago, smedly said:

Land of smiles ...................... be careful out there, Thais tolerate you, this crime was in a temple, very sad indeed 

The last few weeks has shown how Thais are being prepared for adult life in various schools, there is a rage and deep hatred of foreigners, it is becoming increasingly difficult to hide stuff in the interest of tourism because of social media.....oh they wish they could, this is a violent country 

"Money number one" and law enforcement is zero unless you are paying for it, Thailand is still very much 3rd world

Those that are living here ............................ you might be liked and found a good one, cut the money supply off and see if they are willing to work 40 hours a week like you did 

"Those that are living here ............................ you might be liked and found a good one, cut the money supply off and see if they are willing to work 40 hours a week like you did "

So you think I should stop providing for my family as a test of their love for me?

I don't recall my father ever doing that to my mother so why on earth would I do that to my own family?

3 minutes ago, nahkit said:

"Those that are living here ............................ you might be liked and found a good one, cut the money supply off and see if they are willing to work 40 hours a week like you did "

So you think I should stop providing for my family as a test of their love for me?

I don't recall my father ever doing that to my mother so why on earth would I do that to my own family?

Did your father build your mother a house in her name only in the village? 

1 minute ago, inThailand said:

No,  my sister and myself bought my mum her house, in her name, my dad couldn't afford it.

Troll away as much as you like.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

good analysis.  a friend that is a us army nurse (male RN) said he always acquires a handgun while traveling in thailand)

just a lowly burmese killed seems to be part of the mindset.  in cambodia in a conversation with a woman friend i expressed sympathy about the way cambodian workers are exploited in thailand. she was not too perturbed referring to them as laborers. this is how some cambodia wealthy people apparently feel.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

You cannot generalise. My Thai in laws treat me well and have never asked for handouts . Quite the reverse. I could not ask for a better loving family. 

Why should we be surprised that wrong things happen in a temple as it does outside. As long as anyone who want to be a monk can become one without any kind of clearence, history check etc the temple will contain of the same mix of people as in any society - with other words a temple is just a smaller mirror of the whole thai society containing good and bad souls which we actually are reminded of monthly, weekly and sometimes on a daily basis... 

Edited by ttrd

18 hours ago, smedly said:

Wrong! Also very sad to read this from someone that has so many posts under his belt. Means that you ain´t got it yet. sad sad sad!

18 hours ago, bendejo said:

Even that bear that mauled the drunkard gets more respect than a foreigner.

No, that ain´t right. It totally depends on how you behave and if you accept the tradition and culture in the country you reside in as a foreigner. 
Behave like a monkey, and get lower than the bear. Behave like a lovable person, and you will be greeted based on that.

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

good analysis.  a friend that is a us army nurse (male RN) said he always acquires a handgun while traveling in thailand)

just a lowly burmese killed seems to be part of the mindset.  in cambodia in a conversation with a woman friend i expressed sympathy about the way cambodian workers are exploited in thailand. she was not too perturbed referring to them as laborers. this is how some cambodia wealthy people apparently feel.

Just guess you have to read more analysis! That one was really bad! It was also a way of telling people to treat their family in a bad way. After that it had no connection or substance in reality. By all means, if you like that, carry on....

10 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Wrong! Also very sad to read this from someone that has so many posts under his belt. Means that you ain´t got it yet. sad sad sad!

No, that ain´t right. It totally depends on how you behave and if you accept the tradition and culture in the country you reside in as a foreigner. 
Behave like a monkey, and get lower than the bear. Behave like a lovable person, and you will be greeted based on that.

Just guess you have to read more analysis! That one was really bad! It was also a way of telling people to treat their family in a bad way. After that it had no connection or substance in reality. By all means, if you like that, carry on....

remember it is your opinion - maybe you just ain't got it

I call it as I see it and after my vast experience gained over the tears as a public bus driver and living here 14+ years entitles me to my own opinion which as it turns out is vastly different than yours

7 hours ago, smedly said:

remember it is your opinion - maybe you just ain't got it

I call it as I see it and after my vast experience gained over the tears as a public bus driver and living here 14+ years entitles me to my own opinion which as it turns out is vastly different than yours

But, off course! I just voiced my opinion as I see it. That based on 17 years of experience of this beautiful country. At the moment it might have many wrongs in many places, but for sure you are treated as you treat others. Another fact is that, all probelms considered, thai people do not hate foreigners. As we all know envy and other things that might trigger a strange response from not healthy people is wide spread around the world. Unfortunately this country has been known for attracting many trouble makers from other countries too. Seen out of that perspective, it´s much easier to get and better and more sensible perspective.

As you say. Everybody has an opinion, and are also entitled to it. That´s what we almost always use this forum for. :smile:

Edited by Get Real

21 hours ago, aussie11950 said:

Very sad. I hope they find the attacker soon.

He's most likely very close by and not hiding.

22 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

(sniff sniff) I smell criminal perversion

You are not the only one.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Anyone else think it was a bit strange about the victim supposedly sleeping outside the house of a monk ge used to be "close" to, but who had since movedvon to a new temple.

See above.

I expect that there is much more to this story, but we will not have the full details,