Shoes on student's head teacher ordered out of the class from today

webfact

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"Associating shoes or feet with the head is repulsive in Thai culture."

Doesn't seem to bother some when they are kicking the head off each other?

you just don't understand thainess

picking numerous "buggers" out of your nose on the bts or mrt or socially acceptable.

chill out

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

she will be sacked.

You are just making yourself look silly and ignorant now and exhibiting troll-like behaviour. You have absolutely no insight as to what will happen to her, you just keep repeating the mantra "she will be sacked".

Edited by giddyup

Those TV members who haven't taught in a Thai school, will not realise that this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I witnessed a Thai teacher cutting a ten year old girl's hair one morning, just because the girl hadn't tied her pigtails properly.  I've also witnessed far worse punishments than that.  The best part is, the parents don't complain, probably because their child's school life would become very difficult if they did.

I've said before, I could write a book, but I'll leave it there.

5 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Time for you to leave that bar stool. 

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Why is student not punished for breaking the rules.

ThAt is the problem YES the teacher may have been over the top but the kid did disobey  parents and child also need to learn responsibility

I agree, what options are available to a teacher, to maintain some form of authority.  The kid refused to adhere to the rules.  Does a teacher choose to physically beat him, or have the kid loose face by showing who is in in charge.  I think the kid got off easy, by losing a little face, instead of a bruised and battered body, as seems to be a common form of school discipline.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Those TV members who haven't taught in a Thai school, will not realise that this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I witnessed a Thai teacher cutting a ten year old girl's hair one morning, just because the girl hadn't tied her pigtails properly.  I've also witnessed far worse punishments than that.  The best part is, the parents don't complain, probably because their child's school life would become very difficult if they did.

I've said before, I could write a book, but I'll leave it there.

Tell us  more.

I would like to know how many of the people that think the boy is an angel  are teachers or parents of Thai kids.

Cyclone stated that it was humiliating to the boy.  If I remember my time or my kids time humiliation was the best form of punishment.  Having to stand in the corner, stand out side the classroom,  do extra homework, and making the class do extra work because of student x were all ways that worked along of course with the strap but it was a last resort.

The Thai system is designed right now for the teacher to fail.  They are paid low wages given no training except what they went through as students and no guidelines or support when it comes to disciplining students.

On the kids side, they have parents that will believe them and let them off no matter what, do not have to listen to teacher as they will pass no matter what, been told that they are protected and of course heaven forbid a teacher punishing them as they will be defamed by the students and his friends on YouTube or face book so that the teacher gets punished not the kid.

I teach privately and the kids know that if there is an issue they will stand in the corner or the class will bear the brunt of the punishment that I give including times tables and extra work.

It is funny but the parents for the most part applaud my efforts to get their children to be better students

The teacher has said she is stressed out, can't sleep, has nightmares and complained that her symptoms of diabetes and high blood pressure have increased.

So she's considers herself to be the victim?  How about the puyai status going to her head in the first place, which is a sort of a form of cultural mental illness that all Thais would be best to dispense with entirely.  "Boo hoo."
Well, with enough kowtowing, waiing, and prostrating herself, she'll be back in class abusing the kids in some different form in the near enough future.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

You are just making yourself look silly and ignorant now and exhibiting troll-like behaviour. You have absolutely no insight as to what will happen to her, you just keep repeating the mantra "she will be sacked".

"I don't know anything. there is a very good chance that woman will be sacked. in fact, she will be."

The first statement sums all his posts up, really!

1 hour ago, cracker1 said:

Perhaps if the teacher is now required to graap (kowtow) repeatedly to the student involved, in front of the class, some form of moral restitution may be acknowledged by all 

What would that solve?

Perhaps a private apology to the boy involved but to humiliate her and make her position untenable would serve no purpose. We have seen so many examples of true physical violence by teachers yet this seems to be regarded as worse. Some guidelines are required for teachers to bring unruly, disobedient and 'cocky' kids into line that would likely not meet everyone's approval, but help the teaching staff to do their job, and when they do punish, by the guidelines, put the responsibility on their superiors.

We don't need to go back to Victorian times but this seems to have been blown out of proportion. I don't feel the children should rule the schools.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:35 AM, Artisi said:

unbelievable, beat 21 kids on the head with a stick, hospitalize 3 - little if any action - but bugger me, put shoes on head and get booted out (or is it just a soft shoe shuffle) 

My thoughts exactly. 

As the chief said,

""No child subjected to such punishment will want to come back to school after that," he said, "and no child will want to be in that teacher's class."

It is likely the brat did not want to be in school in the first place. Is it possible the child was from a wealthy family, perhaps felt attending class with commoners was beneath his dignity? That as such the floor they walked on was dirty? 

Even workers at my place when entering my apartment will remove their shoes. A classroom should receive the same respect. 

But in the end the teachers meathod of punishment was not acceptable. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Oh oh

On 8/9/2017 at 6:30 AM, jacko45k said:

What would that solve?

Perhaps a private apology to the boy involved but to humiliate her and make her position untenable would serve no purpose. We have seen so many examples of true physical violence by teachers yet this seems to be regarded as worse. Some guidelines are required for teachers to bring unruly, disobedient and 'cocky' kids into line that would likely not meet everyone's approval, but help the teaching staff to do their job, and when they do punish, by the guidelines, put the responsibility on their superiors.

We don't need to go back to Victorian times but this seems to have been blown out of proportion. I don't feel the children should rule the schools.

"Some guidelines are required for teachers to bring unruly, disobedient and 'cocky' kids into line" 

As I said in an earlier post, should this not be covered during their "basic training"?

14 hours ago, sambum said:

"Some guidelines are required for teachers to bring unruly, disobedient and 'cocky' kids into line" 

As I said in an earlier post, should this not be covered during their "basic training"?

Well not really, as that would require a Nationwide guidelines and implementation... perhaps s little out of reach. I was thinking of specific guidelines issues by the schools to the teachers , rather than incorporated into training which was some decades previous.

There are simple solutions to the issue..  Hire teaches to act as monitors.

If a child acts out or is not following the rules kick him or her out of class.

A Senior teacher (preferably male) is assigned to walk the halls every period.

His duty is to find out what the issue is then provide an effective punishment based on the student.  

For those that are a consistent challenge then the student is taken to a disciplinary Director who contacts the parents.  The student stays at the school in a room until the parents arrive to collect him and an agreement is formed as to the child's behaviour.  If no parent comes then the child is turned over to the police as an abandoned child for their action.  If an agreement is not made then the child is removed from access to the school until one is completed