Global search for Red Bull heir draws a blank

webfact

Global search for Red Bull heir draws a blank

By The Nation

54b34e77f45b301f8322c4a98259ee81.jpg

Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya

BANGKOK: -- Police have contacted almost every country on earth in a fruitless effort to track down a billionaire suspect in a fatal hit-and-run case.

“None has got back to us to date,” said National Police Commissioner Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda. 

He spoke up after Amnat Chotchai, director-general of the Office of Attorney-General’s International Affairs Department, went public about the fact that Thailand could not yet seek the extradition of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya because police have not specified his address. 

Vorayuth is accused of hitting a policeman with his Ferrari five years ago, dragging the victim’s body for several metres and failing to stop the car to help him. He fled Thailand earlier this year, just before his case went to the court. 

“We are trying to locate him We have already asked about 190 countries, including Britain, whether Vorayuth is in their territory,” Chaktip said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30323527

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-11

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We are trying to locate him We have already asked about 190 countries, including Britain, whether Vorayuth is in their territory,” Chaktip said. 

Please stop that now, my belly is hurting from all the laughing :laugh::passifier::w00t:

I can't believe how stupid this guy is.

With his money and connections, if he'd dealt with the situation at the time, he would have ended up paying the cop's family what for him would be small change in compensation, and maybe been given community service, which he probably wouldn't have done anyway. Now he's in deep sh*t, and even his money isn't going to save him.

7 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect if Prayut used article 44 to freeze the families assets, we would find out where he is soon enough.

Why would his family have to pay for his crime? If you do something bad, would it be OK to hold your mother liable? Let's not move even further away from civilized behaviour than we already are.

18 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Why would his family have to pay for his crime? If you do something bad, would it be OK to hold your mother liable? Let's not move even further away from civilized behaviour than we already are.

Do you know anything about how LOS works...?

This <deleted> makes my blood boil.. And am not talking about Vorayuth.. But surely an interpol red notice is necessary now the other BS story about a blue notice being a better way went down in flames

1 hour ago, nisakiman said:

With his money and connections, if he'd dealt with the situation at the time, he would have ended up paying the cop's family what for him would be small change in compensation, and maybe been given community service, which he probably wouldn't have done anyway. Now he's in deep sh*t, and even his money isn't going to save him.

Don't bet on it.

They already paid an amount of compensation that is commensurate with the going rate when someone from the upper echelons takes out a lower-order being, +15%. That satisfied the family of the deceased policeman. It's all the farang (and a nominal few Thai) cheerleaders for either an end to corruption in Thailand or upset about the hypocrisy of Article 44 (or both) that are wanting him extradited, charged, found guilty and then hung, drawn and quartered.

Not at all sure about the depth of the sh!t that you think he's in.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Because, just like with the real bad 'uns elsewhere in the western world, the family is fully aware of where he is.

I can almost hear the quotes from the family lawyer as this ratchets up a notch before the ultimate expiration of the statute of limitations on the last charge in 3 weeks time, "He's a good boy really and loves his mum. He doesn't deserve all this." This is the same family lawyer that probably knows his whereabouts and advised him on this subterfuge right from the start. The kid "Boss" just aint bright enough to evade worldwide immigration checks all on his lonesome.

Remember where this is taking place and leave any discussion of civilization where it belongs.

Edited by NanLaew

40 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's a thought.  

Offer up a 1 Bitcoin reward, to be paid anonymously and one of his "friends" on Facebook, Line, Wechat, Whatsapp, or Pokemon will rat him out.

No need. They have their best guy on the case right now.

mon.jpg

I read somewhere earlier that the family had been paid 3 million baht, bartered down from a 10 million claim. Could be B'S.

I don't envy this heir. All the money he has is useless. He is hunted down by the best police force in the world. They already contacted 190 countries. There are not many more left on the list. I think the guy is considering a suicide at the moment. 

Edited by Zikomat