Video: Swords knives and clubs - yet more shocking student violence on the streets of Bangkok

snoop1130

3 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Time to bone up on your Thai social history.  

Time to prove it, as you are the one drawing the line back.

and then

Why arent the Matthayoms and Rajabhats, even the Mocy Taxi groups,  involved in such "historical" violent disputes?

Please post reasonable arguments otherwise its not worth anymore time and imo just trolling to get the last word..

Edited by kaorop

10 hours ago, PeCeDe said:

Not just Thailand it's everywhere, the scene shown reminds me of Chicago, Philadelphia, LA , Paris, London etc, etc. on a Friday or Saturday night, difference is in the US it's guns and people die.

In the mid 80's when I went to a posh boarding school in the UK, we used to clash from time to time with the kids from the local comprehensive.  

The excuse was school pride, but really it was rich kids versus poor kids.  

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

In the mid 80's when I went to a posh boarding school in the UK, we used to clash from time to time with the kids from the local comprehensive.  

The excuse was school pride, but really it was rich kids versus poor kids.  

Well when I went to my (boys) grammar school we used to clash with the (girls) Grammar school next door.  Our clashing took place in the local woods and very enjoyable it was too.

10 hours ago, kaorop said:

Time to prove it, as you are the one drawing the line back.

and then

Why arent the Matthayoms and Rajabhats, even the Mocy Taxi groups,  involved in such "historical" violent disputes?

Please post reasonable arguments otherwise its not worth anymore time and imo just trolling to get the last word..

It is true that gang turf wars ala "West Side Story" are common all over the world but Thailand has its own complex cultural background based in it's education system, hierarchical traditions, including its way of bringing up children, (particularly boys) and perception of face, among other things.  If you were a school teacher here (BTW, I am not); you would not need to be asking these things.  This is not the time and certainly not the place to discuss such things.  You must understand that if you are living here.  I also do not have the time.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

That is of course 5 words (2 phrases) but you are right. I do think, however, this isn't restricted to Thailand. 

Original statement by Jonnapat, "Thailand in 2 words, no discipline, no self control."

I think Jonnapat meant there were two "No's" but failed to mention there were twelve Chang backing up his statement, and therefore, what's the problem, eh?