Traffic hell when terminal 21 opens ?

bert bloggs

Yes! Remember quite well how bad traffic became and still remains on Suk Soi 19 when the original T21 opened here in BKK. Soi 19 used to be a great short cut to/from Asoke and also a quick place to hail a taxi in either direction. Not anymore. Since T21, it is a major clusterfcuk! 

Get ready for more of the same in Patts...:post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Pattaya is changing fast, there will always be sex for sale your right, but not right in your face at 4pm in the afternoon on a main link road from the beach to one of the biggest investments that Pattaya has seen in years, if not ever

Hmmmmmmm.

Soi 6 isn't a main link anywhere. There is a main link not far from it though.

It's miles away from T21.

It's not possible to see what goes on in it if passing by on Beach or Second.

As the Soi 6 bars can't open till 6pm now, nothing's in anyone's face at 4pm.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmmm.

Slam dunk!!!

Well done. We're gonna miss you when you go.

7 hours ago, newnative said:

Well, strap yourself in to your breakfast nook.  Asiatique Prime, which seems to have been delayed for the moment, is also slated for Pattaya on land Chang Beer owns.

The delay could lead into a cancellation of that location.At somepoint investor groups are going to built seaside malls in Jomtien already the favorite area for the Chinese and Russians.

Edited by Destiny1990

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

The delay could lead into a cancellation of that location.At somepoint investor groups are going to built seaside malls in Jomtien already the favorite area for the Chinese and Russians.

Whether Asiatique Prime goes forward or not, there's no denying that Chang owns a huge tract of empty land straddling Beach and Second Roads, as well as the nearby Imperial Hotel, the Grand Sole Hotel across the street, and quite a bit of land with old, boarded-up shophouses adjacent to Grand Sole.   It's likely something big will eventually be built on the empty land and the other properties are likely to be upgraded and/or redeveloped--Imperial has a lot of valuable land that currently isn't being utilized very well. 

By the way, I am very happy to let Jomtien win the contest on who has the most Chinese and Russians.

• Like 1

Wishful thinking they will build nothing in Jomtien.  Seaside where?? You must own in Jomtien?  Jomtien is not a favorite of the Chinese they love and are buying in central. You know,  where the life and action is.

In fact, I have never seen more then a few permanent Chinese in Jomtien.  The tour groups go there as a stop, but not to stay. And think what you want but new Russians are not coming. 

Chinese, they go and leave because there is nothing there in Jomtien. Seriously, do some research, ask some real estate agents they are buying properties in Pattaya, not Jomtien.

Edited by Chiang Mai Charlie

9 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Charlie said:

Wishful thinking they will build nothing in Jomtien.  Seaside where?? You must own in Jomtien?  Jomtien is not a favorite of the Chinese they love and are buying in central. You know,  where the life and action is.

In fact, I have never seen more then a few permanent Chinese in Jomtien.  The tour groups go there as a stop, but not to stay. And think what you want but new Russians are not coming. 

Chinese, they go and leave because there is nothing there in Jomtien. Seriously, do some research, ask some real estate agents they are buying properties in Pattaya, not Jomtien.

The last 2 condos I sold were to youngish Chinese couples--in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Here is what you are looking at.  It will be the bomb #1 will put other malls here to shame.

UK floor, France floor, etc.  Pier 21 food court, movies, etc.

So great this place is coming!!! I love it!!!!!

Traffic?  HAHA good luck Nakula and other streets will be a big mess waiting game.  But, that is part of life's progress.  Just relax for 30 minutes and enjoy the ride.....

Edited by Chiang Mai Charlie

4 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Charlie said:

Here is what you are looking at.  It will be the bomb #1 will put other malls here to shame.

Traffic?  HAHA good luck Nakula and other streets will be a big mess waiting game.  But, that is part of life's progress.

Thanks for sharing!

31 minutes ago, newnative said:

Thanks for sharing!

Hopes its gets more visitors then that empty Avenue mall at the second road.T21 in Asoke i do like it for eating and groceries and it is full with thai office workers.But T21 in bkk is stand alone while T21 pty is surrounded with 7 other simular malls with foodcourts and no local office workers around either.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmmm.

Soi 6 is miles from T21? i think not, plenty of tourist walk up it from the beach, presumably that's why its been tighten up down there opening wise

Lets see what happens when T21 opens, soi 6 as we know it will be gone IMHO, slam dunk? i don't think so

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hopes its gets more visitors then that empty Avenue mall at the second road.T21 in Asoke i do like it for eating and groceries and it is full with thai office workers.But T21 in bkk is stand alone while T21 pty is surrounded with 7 other simular malls with foodcourts and no local office workers around either.

It will certainly do far better than the I'll-conceived Avenue development which was a white elephant from the start.

15 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Soi 6 is miles from T21? i think not, plenty of tourist walk up it from the beach, presumably that's why its been tighten up down there opening wise

Lets see what happens when T21 opens, soi 6 as we know it will be gone IMHO, slam dunk? i don't think so

Soi 6 (and 6/1?) are pretty much the only eye-sores between the Amari and Pattaya Klang.

I think it's days are numbered.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bartender100 said:

T21 will have no effect on soi 6 ( your just full of wishful BS )

Soi 6 has been the focus of the anchorites for a couple of years now.

its eventual relocation to elsewhere will happen in the future.

But  it wont be due to a  new shopping mall in the vicinity.

get real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Seems like half the population is bleating about global warming and the other half are sitting in traffic jams causing it.
If anyone does believe in global warming they shouldn't be using a car when public transport is available.
It's time, IMO to ban all private cars in cities and force people to use public transport.
Life will be better for everyone.

Have you ever seen the busses in Bangkok? They are not exact what you would call environmentally friendly

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, Chiang Mai Charlie said:

Traffic?  HAHA good luck Nakula and other streets will be a big mess waiting game.  But, that is part of life's progress.  Just relax for 30 minutes and enjoy the ride.....

UK floor!

Can we expect chip butties and upperclass twits serving then :smile:

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

T21 will have no effect on soi 6 ( your just full of wishful BS )

Soi 6 has been the focus of the anchorites for a couple of years now.

its eventual relocation to elsewhere will happen in the future.

But  it wont be due to a  new shopping mall in the vicinity.

get real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its relocation sometime in the future will likely be because the land has become way too valuable for little  low-rise buildings.  If you look across the street from Soi 6 on Second Road, you will see several blocks of abandoned, fenced-off shophouses.  They have been bought by Chang Beer and eventually will be torn down and the land re-developed--likely with higher density.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

T21 will, IMO, take most of the Central Festival customers arriving by car, if only because the traffic will be so bad trying to get past the Dolphin traffic lights.

All those malls have the same shops selling the same stuff, same type food courts and restaurants, same movies etc etc. Why bother going further.

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

Its relocation sometime in the future will likely be because the land has become way too valuable for little  low-rise buildings.  If you look across the street from Soi 6 on Second Road, you will see several blocks of abandoned, fenced-off shophouses.  They have been bought by Chang Beer and eventually will be torn down and the land re-developed--likely with higher density.

Oh goody, another big mall or expensive condos- just what Pattaya needs.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:50 AM, canopus1969 said:

Pattaya traffic is always crazy at weekends with the Thai tourists so simple solution, do not drive into Pattaya at weekends - and never on a long weekend !

I'll get to Terminal 21 just as fast when it opens as I can now - on a bike. I don't know why anyone would want to drive around the central area of Pattaya.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

T21 will, IMO, take most of the Central Festival customers arriving by car, if only because the traffic will be so bad trying to get past the Dolphin traffic lights.

All those malls have the same shops selling the same stuff, same type food courts and restaurants, same movies etc etc. Why bother going further.

I feel for retailers that invested a lot of money into the new Big C/Central Marina Mall. That's close!

All the doom & gloom theories will be put to the test. It will be very interesting to see how business goes at Central Mall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tropo said:

I feel for retailers that invested a lot of money into the new Big C/Central Marina Mall. That's close!

All the doom & gloom theories will be put to the test. It will be very interesting to see how business goes at Central Mall.

I actually think Marina will do ok.  Big C is a big draw--I prefer to shop there for my groceries rather than Foodland, which I think is going into T21.  Even when T21 opens I will continue to shop at Big C--and likely eat at one of the restaurants while I am there and do my banking, pay my internet and phone, etc.   It's a breeze getting in and out of Marina's new parking garage and I think enough shoppers will continue to choose the ease and convenience of Marina to keep it afloat.

• Like 2