US Thai groups to demand bodies’ retrieval

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, oldgent said:

yes im sure the American SAR are some of the best in the world and yes i don,t know all the facts

if a Chopper was able to get in then why was,nt an attempt made to retrive the bodies

First: Every hear of severe cross winds in those canyons?  I lived near one of them in Arizona.  The wind through there can damn near pick you up and blow you away.  

Second, if you look at the photo, there is no where to set a chopper or rescue personnel down to even attempt to pull out the victims.  Damn, man, educate yourself before you make stupid statements and ask dumb questions. 

There are rescue missions where people will take risks,sometimes very big risks.

There are retrieval missions where there is little point in taking risks.

This is a retrieval mission.

And there are some situations where you just say bye bye and move on. Sounds harsh I realise, but that is the reality in life.

Ask any underground miner and they will explain.

3 minutes ago, oldgent said:

and i suppose you are a professional. what gets me is all these guys who are living

here in Thailand either with or married to a Thai lady and bashing Thai people.

I don't like to say 'bashing'

but did you ever consider there might be something to criticize on common behavior by Thais?

And living here means you cannot criticize anything that you experience?

You must live in one of the few places in Thailand where the world is still ok.

2 minutes ago, oldgent said:

and i suppose you are a professional. what gets me is all these guys who are living

here in Thailand either with or married to a Thai lady and bashing Thai people.

First of all: I didn't pretend to be a professional, that is why I have no opinion on the MO.

Other than you, who seems to have complete knowledge on everything- otherwise, why would you get the idea to make demands to the US-rescue teams?

Second of all, I don't give two hot s41ts, what "gets you": if this would be a case, happening in Thailand, Thai-authorities would be outraged by "farang", questioning their MO.

The big mouthed Thais in this case (incl. certain posters) should be happy, the US- teams don't tell them to shut up and @#!@ off!

3 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I don't like to say 'bashing'

but did you ever consider there might be something to criticize on common behavior by Thais?

And living here means you cannot criticize anything that you experience?

You must live in one of the few places in Thailand where the world is still ok.

sorry but we are straying off the subject so i am not going to answer you

6 hours ago, oldgent said:

nope nothing to do with anti American, my point is things should have been handled

in a more respectful and diplomatic way. 

Oldgent

In the last 14 days more Americans, Brits and Chinese have been killed on the death highways of this place and who gives a sh>> about that

more respectful and diplomatic way

What are you smoking I think it would be illegal as no Fin respect is given to ours here just blame them every time

59 minutes ago, Happy Time Thai said:

If they had not been going to school in America, renting a car, driving on the road going to the national park, this never would have happened.

Where did i hear something like this b4?

Oh I know the usual farang bashing, but have to admit this time it sort of looks right for a change

8 hours ago, oldgent said:

A lot of Thai bashing going on here even tho a lot of you are retired in Thailand.

with all the knowledge and Hi Tech equipment that America professes to have

they don,t seem to be able to find it.

If a group of jumped up Farangs were protesting and making demands in Thailand , Im pretty sure you would soon be denouncing them. Im neither a US citizen nor a Thai hater so have no axe to grind , just find your hypocrisy vomit inducing.

4 minutes ago, oldgent said:

I don,t smoke. people get killed in every country everyday the authorities  cannot put sympothy

notices up for these people. 

You said it mate but not very well

What is Sympothy

Did you mean sympathy

Just shot yourself in the foot oldman with that comment slagging off the USA then saying to cover the death roads here

people get killed in every country everyday the authorities  cannot put sympothy

notices up for these people

But you want a red carpet laid out for your own over there

If you don't smoke that stuff maybe you should or better still go to school and get a real education

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:

I bet if it were the mayor's 2 daughters they would have bought the military in.

Couple of Asians would be at the very bottom of the risk ladder

Yep and even more so now with all the fuss and no account for danger

wake up you are treated as anyone else is treated Asian, Britt Scott, USA Cit, no different.

Why is it if it had have been two Britts I would not be slagging off the Americans, it has been in the past and we waited but never do what you lot do open your mouth b4 engaging brain. delusions of grandeur I think or lack of education and boy does it show.

11 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

What is Sympothy

Did you mean sympathy

Just shot yourself in the foot oldman with that comment slagging off the USA then saying to cover the death roads here

people get killed in every country everyday the authorities  cannot put sympothy

If you don't smoke that stuff maybe you should or better still go to school and get a real education

sorry Professor for one little spelling mistake please make me get down so as you can put my shoes on my head

Yep and even more so now with all the fuss and no account for danger

wake up you are treated as anyone else is treated Asian, Britt Scott, USA Cit, no different.

Why is it if it had have been two Britts I would not be slagging off the Americans, it has been in the past and we waited but never do what you lot do open your mouth b4 engaging brain. delusions of grandeur I think or lack of education and boy does it show.

Asians and blacks at the bottom Always will be. Just take your wife back home and see she will be treated like a hooker by the white wives and the boys at the pub will think it but keep it to themselves

If it were a senators or congressman daughters they would absolutely build bridges across that river. Only an idiot would think otherwise

I rest my case.

1 minute ago, oldgent said:

sorry Professor for one little spelling mistake please make me get down so as you can put my shoes on my head

Sorry mate I am English we do not do that as its against the law to treat children like that in civilized country's. But I see local teachers do it every day and get off scott free lack of education and respect I expect.

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Asians and blacks at the bottom Always will be. Just take your wife back home and see she will be treated like a hooker by the white girls

If it were a senators or congressman daughters they would absolutely build bridges across that river. Only an idiot would think otherwise
I rest my case.

You are so wrong sunshine she is treated very well and has many friends including WHITES as you put it. She has also lost that fear of Farangs instilled in her by rotten education as she say farangs treat ladies better.

My advice

Go and work hard save some money and go and travel a bit, that way you will become educated, otherwise just go and read some comics.

25 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

What is Sympothy

Did you mean sympathy

If I was he I would have jumped at the opportunity to be thought a troll. Lets face it he is not coming across as one of natures great thinkers.

10 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Not saying they would be retrieved but the level of effort would be 10 fold.
There would be huge pressure.
No pressure for a couple of gooks

If it were a couple of coloured folk in parts of the deep south you might have a point but in this instance not.

In a previous thread numerous examples were posted of similar incidents largely concerning clean cut white students from the USA. 

In each case it was deemed too dangerous for the bodies to be retrieved until conditions improved.

People tend to forget that this is very rough and treacherous mountain terrain and the water is not only very fast moving, it is extremely cold.   

A recovery operation should not endanger the living.   Doing so means that in addition to recovering the bodies, they will have to rescue the injured.   

3 minutes ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Nope, but then neither are you.

Living where I do, I have no patience with people who underestimate the power of nature. We do not fence in nature here, we have no guards, we may have a simple barrier to keep people away from sheer drops, but not so solid that a really determined idiot cannot get past it. The result is that we lose people all the time. If they are alive we try to get to them before they die, but if they are dead we wait until conditions allow. This may take up to nine months before the snow melts.

People move in nature at their own risk and responsibility. Expecting others to risk life and limb to retrieve dead bodies is extremely arrogant.

yes i know all that. how do you think the families are feeling ?

Nothing other than identifying themselves as complete nitwits.   The US authorities will most certainly recover those victims bodies but only once it is safe to do so.  If those Thais consider that the US authorities should forgo appropriate health and safety measures then perhaps they should just return to live in their beloved Thai homeland where health an safety takes a back seat,  or even further back.
Shouldn't being rescuer team member mean you took this job with all risks attached?

For example by coal mines theres rescue teams, when something blows under, tumble, ppl are trapped, they go right away, no matter what, thats whats they are paid for.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Shouldn't being rescuer team member mean you took this job with all risks attached?

For example by coal mines theres rescue teams, when something blows under, tumble, ppl are trapped, they go right away, no matter what, thats whats they are paid for.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No it certainly does not  - are you Thai ?

All risks should be assessed before carrying out any task.  If the risk can not be mitigated and it is assessed as a danger to life then irrespective of your occupation it should not be carried out.  But I guess Thais,  having no fundamental grasp of safety basics, are clueless so hence for them; so what if 10 Americans die in the process of recovering bodies.