President Trump's reelection campaign releases television ad

webfact

President Trump's reelection campaign releases television ad

By Ginger Gibson

tag-reuters.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump delivers remarks before signing the Veterans Affairs Choice and Quality Employment Act at Trump's golf estate in Bedminster, New Jersey, U.S. August 12, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released its first television advertisement on Sunday, a 30-second spot that attacks Democrats and touts the accomplishments of his first seven months in office.

The ad's release comes amid intense criticism of Trump's response to the events in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a planned rally by white supremacists led to violence that killed a counter-protester.

Speaking on Saturday from his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey, Trump stopped short of calling the demonstrators "white supremacists" and instead criticized groups on "many sides." Even members of his own party said he had failed to adequately condemn those behind the violence.

The new advertisement uses the same video clips, still images and font as one released earlier this year by America First Policies, a political group that is able to secretly raise and spend unlimited sums of money. Trump's campaign and America First Policies are prohibited by law from coordinating with each other.

Trump filed for reelection the day he took office, an unusual move that has allowed him to begin campaigning long before the November 2020 election. Historically, incumbent presidents have waited two years, until after the midterm elections, to file formally.

Trump's campaign did not respond to a request for comment about how much money it was spending on the ad, where it was running or why it decided to release it this weekend.

The ad says Trump has created jobs and helped the stock market since taking office.

"The president's enemies don't want him to succeed, but Americans are saying, 'Let President Trump do his job,'" the advertisement states.

Trump continues to struggle with low approval numbers, and the television ad could be an attempt to bolster his support. His campaign has raised more than $12 million since the beginning of the year.

"This new campaign ad speaks directly to the American people and sets the record straight, reminding them that President Donald Trump will not stop fighting for them and will not allow anyone to stand in his way to deliver success for them,” campaign manager Michael Glassner said in a statement announcing the ad.

(Reporting by Ginger Gibson; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-14

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released its first television advertisement on Sunday, a 30-second spot that attacks Democrats and touts the accomplishments of his first seven months in office.

Wow! Someones ego must be badly in need of some massaging.  I guess the advert must spend most of its time attacking Democrats then, as there are precious little accomplishments that are truly attributable to him. Unless being on the brink of war with half a dozen countries and destroying Americas reputation can be considered an accomplishment that is.

nothing new.

isn't that what Fire and Fury was about too? for his base in 2020....
it sure weren't gonna scare the DPRK military ranks.

but ****actual**** adverts as well too??? well... it's only 3 and a half years away....

... and CNN and Fox had already gotten started on it.. so.....

it makes sense. 2020.. most of us will still be here......... maybe.....  

Edited by maewang99

From the mentally-addled man who had trouble responding to a simple question, "What do you think about the FBI raid on Paul Manafort's apartment?"

Trump's response; "I thought it was a very very (two second pause) uh (two second pause) strong uh (two second pause) uh signal, or whatever."

JFK is remembered for such oratory as, "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  

Will this be the memorable line which defines Trump's presidency?  "Uh, ......we sent a......, um, strong signal, um, or whatever, um,.... to the head guy at North Korea."

....and then, hours later, as the mushroom clouds are dissipating over the Korean peninsula, "Um, I was just, um, kidding.  It was satire.  My base still loves me.  White supremacists love me.  Everyone will love me when they realize how, um, how great I am, or whatever.  They will, believe me."

1 hour ago, maewang99 said:

it makes sense. 2020.. most of us will still be here......... maybe.....  

Most us reading this blog will likely be here - but it's questionable re; most Koreans.  Or, if they are still alive, many may be suffering grave problems from radiation sickness, and having no shelter or food.

From the mentally-addled man who had trouble responding to a simple question, "What do you think about the FBI raid on Paul Manafort's apartment?"

Trump's response; "I thought it was a very very (two second pause) uh (two second pause) strong uh (two second pause) uh signal, or whatever."

JFK is remembered for such oratory as, "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  

Will this be the memorable line which defines Trump's presidency?  "Uh, ......we sent a......, um, strong signal, um, or whatever, um,.... to the head guy at North Korea."

....and then, hours later, as the mushroom clouds are dissipating over the Korean peninsula, "Um, I was just, um, kidding.  It was satire.  My base still loves me.  White supremacists love me.  Everyone will love me when they realize how, um, how great I am, or whatever.  They will, believe me."

I can't wait for the trump presidential library. A long list of lies, tweets and brain farts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

39 minutes ago, RobFord said:

I can't wait for the trump presidential library. A long list of lies, tweets and brain farts.

Trump Presidential Library. A punch line awaiting a set-up. A bit like the classic "Aristocrats" joke... "and what do you call that building?" "The Trump Presidential Library."

Maybe they'll include the flattering folders his staff delivers to him every day at 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM?

Report: Trump Receives ‘Propaganda Document’ That’s Only Good News

The documents are exclusively composed of positive media coverage. Citing three unnamed current and former White House officials, Vice News described them:

[T]he folders are filled with screenshots of positive cable news chyrons (those lower-third headlines and crawls), admiring tweets, transcripts of fawning TV interviews, praise-filled news stories, and sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-propaganda-document-full-of-strong-trump-photos

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, RobFord said:

a few comic strips, and a photo of his inauguration crowd.

There will be three library guides, representing Ronald McDonald, Tiny Tim, and Mussolini, .....all with the obligatory mass of orange colored hair interspersed with bald spots.

At the adjoining restaurant, all the waiters/waitresses and cashier will be Trump impressionists.

Trump seems to have reached a point that all he has left his base. Bannon and Miller will continue to advice him how to maintain that base and get more popular with it by not actuallyaccomplishing anything.

Instead, he has submitted to the policy agenda of Congress—and that agenda is, if possible, even less popular than he is. Trump will be far better off going to the nation in 2020 nothaving removed Medicaid coverage from millions of red state voters, not having shoved through a huge upper-income tax cut financed by stringent domestic budget cuts, than he would be running on that record.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/time-for-republicans-to-leap-from-the-boat/536715/

By the way, The Atlantic has a long cover story this month  on how we got here. Well worth the read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/how-america-lost-its-mind/534231/

TH 

Trump seems to have reached a point that all he has left his base. Bannon and Miller will continue to advice him how to maintain that base and get more popular with it by not actuallyaccomplishing anything.

Instead, he has submitted to the policy agenda of Congress—and that agenda is, if possible, even less popular than he is. Trump will be far better off going to the nation in 2020 nothaving removed Medicaid coverage from millions of red state voters, not having shoved through a huge upper-income tax cut financed by stringent domestic budget cuts, than he would be running on that record.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/time-for-republicans-to-leap-from-the-boat/536715/

By the way, The Atlantic has a long cover story this month  on how we got here. Well worth the read.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/how-america-lost-its-mind/534231/
TH 

In concerned he's going to whip his base up into a frenzy.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Donald Trump will not stop fighting for them and will not allow anyone to stand in his way to deliver success for them,”

After the Brown Shirts March in Charlottesville, that sounds ominous.

a few comic strips, and a photo of his inauguration crowd.

There will be three library guides, representing Ronald McDonald, Tiny Tim, and Mussolini, .....all with the obligatory mass of orange colored hair interspersed with bald spots.

At the adjoining restaurant, all the waiters/waitresses and cashier will be Trump impressionists.

I'd project his tweets on the walls, ceiling and floor. His minions could gaze in wonder.

A former head of CIA was being interviewed a few days ago.  When asked about the N.Korea issue, the first thing he said was.....  in regard to what Trump should do, which perhaps his predecessors had not done.....

The sage old man said,

"Elizabeth Taylor's eighth husband was asked how he felt about getting married to her.  
He responded, 'I know what I'm supposed to do, I just don't know how to do it differently.'"

6 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Sort of like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize?

False equivalency. Obama didn't give himself the prize and he was the first to say it was undeserved. Trum, on the other hand is tooting his own horn with donated money before having accomplished anything.

He started campaigning for 2020 not long after the inauguration.  His team can control attendance because the events "are not open to the public" so those who don't appear sufficiently supportive can be denied admission or ejected.  I know people who've managed to attend out of sheer curiosity, all say these things come off more like religious events, all hail to the god-king.

Looking at this crazy situation from outside the US as a European, anyone we elected who spent so much time blowing their own trumpet (In future to be shortened to "Blowing your own Trump") would promptly drown in ridicule. We tried hard with Mussolini, and sure we do elect villains, crooks and charlatans plenty of times, but I cannot think of any European leader who has been quite such a monstrous embarrassment to their own country.  The GOP supporters who were out in force in this forum defending Trump after his election have gone strangely quiet - possibly as the true enormity of the foul nature of their glorious leader sinks in. 

In little England the Brexiteers (Not totally dissimilar to the US Alt right) continue somehow to put a brave face on what is now obviously a slow motion car crash. There also the penny is beginning to drop for many former enthusiasts, as their leaders indulge in an exercise that can only be described as the economic equivalent of shooting yourself in the crown jewels.

If there were a God I would say "God help us all". However the continued existence of Trump suggests that there is none.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:51 AM, boomerangutang said:

Most us reading this blog will likely be here - but it's questionable re; most Koreans.  Or, if they are still alive, many may be suffering grave problems from radiation sickness, and having no shelter or food.

America First will make sure they suffer.  Maybe her will send them some Trump suits made in Bangladesh that didn't sell~or at least discounted