Air-con technician interviewed by police after fire at top Pattaya Go-Go bar

webfact

Air-con technician interviewed by police after fire at top Pattaya Go-Go bar

2pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- Police are interviewing an air-conditioning technician after fire broke out at The Iron Club in Walking Street, Pattaya, yesterday afternoon.

Tourists looked on as three fire engines attended the smoldering scene the bar described online as one of the top clubs in the area famous for its "remarkable interactive shows".

Both Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and head of the local police force Apichai Krobpetch were on the scene.

Borisut, 38, the air-con technician said he had been hired to clean and maintain the units at the bar. As he was attending to one unit he noticed a short circuit and fire at one deep in the bar.

Fire spread quickly and he tried to quell the flames using an extinguisher.

He was later taken in by police to the station for further questioning.

Tnews made a video of a large crowd of onlookers viewing the action on Sunday afternoon.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-14

How much bad luck is there in this country .. Borisut gets taken on to clean the the air-con , spots a " short circuit and fire at one deep in the bar " is unable to stop the place going up in flames and then gets carted off to the nick for further " questioning " .. What are they suggesting .. 

... but Borisut is "pure" (in Thai), so "no problem". Maybe it was a unit he had not yet serviced or cleaned?

a few weeks ago I went to a restaurant/bar, not on Walking Street. The aircon wasn't working. A Waiter honcho soon had the unit stripped down and reassembled in working order. No qualifications or training, just a regular routine at this particular bar (and maybe others)!!!

1 hour ago, thairookie said:

The name of the technician is Borisut, which means "virgin" in Thai.

What a place to be in for Mr Virgin.

i have always thought some of these go go bars could easily go up in flames and there is only 1 exit some are dangerous 

Is this for real?  I'm pretty sure that place was closed, with obvious signs of having been on fire, in May.  I actually joked that they didn't have enough business, so took care of the problem.  Walked by it many times in a week and a half.  If not that one, then next door to the right, but I think it was Iron.

I guess they renovated and reopened.  Maybe they got cheap and left existing wires and equipment in place.

I recall there being a large blackened area on the left.  Not burned, but from soot.  The sign was still there, which is why I remember the name, but I think the top of the wall behind the sign was gone.  Not sure from the fire, or maybe they had started demo of some burned stuff at that point.  Or maybe it was just black with soot.  There was kind of temporary framing with a covering draped over the front area to keep rain out, so it was not well lit up top, and I only saw it at night.