Canadian woman arrested for ‘stealing’ nail polish in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she steals that in Thailand based on the economy is less valued as Canada imagine what she steals in Canada. Give her a criminal charge that stays on her passport. That has more impact than a pissy fine. Plus notify Canada authorities. Whilst at it ask them if they have seen the "Boss".Red Bull.

5 hours ago, R123 said:

"They said foreign tourists often stole from shop so they had to closely monitor them."

A prejudicial remark and so the  Thai shoppers never steal......right?! 

You should know the answer.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Prejudiced remarks (not be confused with prejudicial remarks) are such a rarity here at the hub of Thai bashing.

I doubt the usual Thai bashing here would be considered prejudicial since the comments  usually amount to "preaching to the choir," but certainly there's no end of prejudiced remarks regarding Thais

And "foreign tourists" can easily include Russians, Chinese, Africans and Indians, always favorite targets for character assassination here at Thai Visa.

You forgot Muslims. Mina Sawed is probably of Lebanese heritage although the tattoos would suggest not a Moslem.

5 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

And we will do the same at your first mistake.

How can so many people be so grumpy old men ? 

You must be all perfect !

Or you are just all as stupid as I think.

Well I am an old guy but do not ever think about stealing...Do you think stealing is OK and when someone gets caught you just smile.... facepalm.gif.abd5439f6d49b1c4db388e28fd6174d1.gif

A newbie, ignorant of Thai ways; should have educated herself before travelling.

The Thais seemingly 'mai pben rai' attitude doesn't extend to certain infringements of the law such as stealing, getting involved in any way with illegal drugs or showing disrespect to the Royal Family.  Getting involved with violence toward a Thai person is also a very bad idea.

Other stuff, really serious in Western countries and Australia, is often negotiable.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well I am an old guy but do not ever think about stealing...Do you think stealing is OK and when someone gets caught you just smile.... facepalm.gif.abd5439f6d49b1c4db388e28fd6174d1.gif

Nor do I ever think about stealing but I'll be damned if I would ever pay to shop in a place that thinks it's more likely that I would pinch something, and consequently should be watched , because my skin is white. I'm pretty sure that's still considered racism, even among those who are not very PC.

10 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Nor do I ever think about stealing but I'll be damned if I would ever pay to shop in a place that thinks it's more likely that I would pinch something, and consequently should be watched , because my skin is white. I'm pretty sure that's still considered racism, even among those who are not very PC.

I had a shop in the UK, can't say anymore.....:whistling:...:stoner:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I had a shop in the UK, can't say anymore.....:whistling:...:stoner:

Yes, well I'm sure shoplifters were a pain. I'm not at all sympathetic to them, they force prices up for all consumers. 

7 hours ago, R123 said:

"They said foreign tourists often stole from shop so they had to closely monitor them."

Actually none of any Thai people I know would never dream of shoplifting- in the West- the major shopping chains write off millions to shop lifting. 

Think about all those small vendors who leave everything just covered up for the night -I leave stuff outside around the house all the time. In a major Western city- would be gone in -10 minutes. 

Just another  stupid remark from someone who probably does not live here - and more click bait Thai bashing .

If the passport is authentic, it's quite odd that she does't exist online.  Most Canadians have an online presence (whether they wish or not) due to isp/phone provider/employment etc listings.  She's a ghost.   A Canuck, that can afford to fly half way around the world, usually can afford toiletries .......but hey.....A thief is a thief.  

My best guess is she is a thief and should be punished for the mishap and she is giving Canadian a bad reference I guess here in Canada since we do accept a lot of refugees she could of been one and have a Canadian passport but it does not mean she is honest and she probably never got cut in Canada but now my hope is she will be on the watch list and perhaps on FB for all to see.

1 hour ago, mettech said:

My best guess is she is a thief and should be punished for the mishap and she is giving Canadian a bad reference I guess here in Canada since we do accept a lot of refugees she could of been one and have a Canadian passport but it does not mean she is honest and she probably never got cut in Canada but now my hope is she will be on the watch list and perhaps on FB for all to see.

She is Canadian! She has a Canadian passport. Refugees have nothing to do with this story. I'll bet you will be blaming Africans, Indians and god knows what other "racially disposed to thievery" people in a second. She stole and she is Canadian. No need to justify anything! 

12 hours ago, R123 said:

She did not say Thais never stole, only that foreigners did. Just another ad for the quality tourists we foreigners make here in Thailand.

13 hours ago, R123 said:

r123 ?

dude she got caught ? she your wife or g/f ? a thief is a thief by any other name is still a thief . it is comments like yours that makes life a little more difficult for the rest of us who walk around with-out super clenched butt cheeks ......