Dog owner takes responsibility for mauling of little girl - here's 300 baht

webfact

Dog owner takes responsibility for mauling of little girl - here's 300 baht

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

KANCHANABURI: -- A dog owner went to the hospital to see the four year old girl that his Thai breed dog had savagely mauled.

But then left and disappeared after giving her astonished mum just 300 baht for her care.

The little girl was attacked by the dog on a visit to a paint factory in Kanchanaburi on Saturday. Her mum was visiting a friend who worked there.

The four year old had severe cuts to her head and body.

The dog is owned by the boss of the factory workers at the site.

Sanook reported that the mother wants justice. She said that the course of injections and treatment will cost much more than the 300 she received from the man.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-15

Pathetic !

Yes 300 baht won't go far, I was attacked by a dog back in April, total cost 5000baht.

6 needles and 10 stitches later I wasn't happy to find on my return this month the same dog attacked again, it cost me around 2000 baht in medical, plus when I returned to Australia I had to have follow up injections which totalled around 3000 baht.

In Australia if a dog attacks a human once it is GOOD NIGHT IRENE[emoji382].

Although I have no say in this country, dog attacks cannot be tolerated, further more it saddens me to no end when children are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

this shows how stupid thai laws are when a dog can attack someone and the owner does not get held responsible, they should be made to pay full costs for the hospital care etc as well as having the dog/s put down, it is totally unacceptable to have dogs roaming free and attacking people

50 minutes ago, lungbing said:

Taking  responsibility for anything is an alien concept  to Thais.

100% correct and from my observations the other big problem is there is no consequences or real deterrents . Look at the fines ect for just about anything except murder but if you have enough money or a person of influence there are no consequences 

They plan to make a new drastic maximum speed law so how about a new dog law? Dogs that Biting humans  always put to sleep and owner pays 50/100k minimum to victims and possibly a jail sentence.Stray dogs get rounded up and put to sleep.dog owner pays dog tax and can only walk his dog on a leech and prove for paying of dog tax receipt with him

Yes 300 baht won't go far, I was attacked by a dog back in April, total cost 5000baht.

6 needles and 10 stitches later I wasn't happy to find on my return this month the same dog attacked again, it cost me around 2000 baht in medical, plus when I returned to Australia I had to have follow up injections which totalled around 3000 baht.

In Australia if a dog attacks a human once it is GOOD NIGHT IRENE[emoji382].

Although I have no say in this country, dog attacks cannot be tolerated, further more it saddens me to no end when children are involved.

I've seen them attack dogs quite brutally - one shop owner used the wrong edge of a machete to crack then across their backbone.

Anything goes, but no killing or impounding.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Chpied said:

In Australia if a dog attacks a human once it is GOOD NIGHT IRENEemoji382.png.

Please tell me you dealt with the dog?

2 hours ago, LOLMOD said:

cost of hospital: 30thb. so 270thb tip. a good day in paradise if u ask me. the girl was "karma'd" to be bitten by the dog. the buddha approved. falang no understand. khrap/crap.

I assume your post was meant to be either sarcastic or funny as otherwise I hope that your first post is also your last!

Very sad to read that a child was mauled. I hope she makes a rapid recovery. I assume she'll bear the scares for life. 

Pathetic ower paying ony ฿ 300. Pathetic! But it could be seen as an admission of guilt. Don't know it that'll help the mother in court (if she takes it that far). 

On the same note, what the bl**dy hell is a child doing in a factory?!?! 

The mother is, in my opinion, equally to blame. 

Factories are no place for children!

Please tell me you dealt with the dog?

The dog lives next door on a chain, I hear the bloody thing bark and growl everyday and night. It has me on edge, I'm always looking for an exit or something to protect myself if it gets of the chain.

Only one person can go near the dog it never gets walk, it was treated bad by its previous owner, I really cannot see any justification in the dog remaining alive.

I have to go the long way around so it doesn't lunge at me, with many small children running around laughing and playing it's only a matter of time.

Fast new laws required, sad thing is if a tiger or wild animal came into a village and killed someone they would hunt it and killed it, somehow the morales are wrong.

We had a dog recently in our village that went for two small children , no serious injuries, that dog has been taken away and dealt with so i am told.Personally i quite like dogs but responsibility is the key for the owners and isnt so much of that