Dog owner takes responsibility for mauling of little girl - here's 300 baht

webfact

7 hours ago, djayz said:

Very sad to read that a child was mauled. I hope she makes a rapid recovery. I assume she'll bear the scares for life. 

Pathetic ower paying ony ฿ 300. Pathetic! But it could be seen as an admission of guilt. Don't know it that'll help the mother in court (if she takes it that far). 

On the same note, what the bl**dy hell is a child doing in a factory?!?! 

The mother is, in my opinion, equally to blame. 

Factories are no place for children!

As you say, I also hope the child makes a quick recovery both physically and mentally.

But the point of this is to also agree with the second part of your post. What was the purpose of the dog inside the private premises of the factory? Where was the supervision of the child while in an industrial work area while the mother was making a social call?

As distressing and disturbing as this incident is, I can see a lot of people disagreeing with this post, but not all dogs are pets alone. 

12 hours ago, LOLMOD said:

cost of hospital: 30thb. so 270thb tip. a good day in paradise if u ask me. the girl was "karma'd" to be bitten by the dog. the buddha approved. falang no understand. khrap/crap.

Irony surely?  Seeing it as the inconsiderate Thai dog owner probably did?

41 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

What was the purpose of the dog inside the private premises of the factory?

He's a guard dog obviously.

I walked by a car dealership in Pathum Thani (quite a few times) at night & 4 or 5 vicious mutts would terrorize me. Loads of broken sidewalk tiles all around, so I lunged at them and managed to nail one in the head.

That scared all of them away. On my way home the "security" guard replete with uniform, badge, hat & flip-flops asked why I'd hurt his dog???

It was him or me pal.

3 hours ago, Chpied said:

The dog lives next door on a chain, I hear the bloody thing bark and growl everyday and night. It has me on edge, I'm always looking for an exit or something to protect myself if it gets of the chain.

Only one person can go near the dog it never gets walk, it was treated bad by its previous owner, I really cannot see any justification in the dog remaining alive.

I have to go the long way around so it doesn't lunge at me, with many small children running around laughing and playing it's only a matter of time.

Fast new laws required, sad thing is if a tiger or wild animal came into a village and killed someone they would hunt it and killed it, somehow the morales are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Tempting to say "if it was me I would have killed the thing after the first attack". But in reality it's not that simple. You'd be in a world of trouble if that dog suddenly dropped dead. 

Good luck to you and I hope you find a solution soon. 

23 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

Tempting to say "if it was me I would have killed the thing after the first attack". But in reality it's not that simple. You'd be in a world of trouble if that dog suddenly dropped dead. 

One of our dogs was becoming a pest and  even I could not control him.  All the other farm dogs no problem. A local poisoned him. She poisons any dogs that annoy her.   He looked exactly same shape and colour as a Basset hound and they, and all true hounds are known to be difficult to train.  My point is that someone might throw him a meal. His last meal.  Very common here.  Thieves do it before robbing a place. 

It's my partners Uncles dog, which makes it worse, I think the best way for everyone to save face is to see where his loyalties lie, I would offer him $5000 baht to eliminate the dog, then hope he sees more value in the cash incentive than the dogs life, I think paying someone to poison it would in time only come out and cause unwanted problems for me, I plan to be around along time and he has great respect in his village, so it calls for a jai yen in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app