Video: Welcome to Thai Road Rage: "My car's more expensive than yours!"

snoop1130

Video: Welcome to Thai Road Rage: "My car's more expensive than yours!"

98765.JPG

A video is going viral on Thai social media that shows a Toyota Fortuner driver involved in a minor scrape going on about his car being more expensive.

The poster of the clip said the other driver smelt of alcohol.

The line causing much comment is basically "My car is more expensive than yours".

Throw in a couple of "fs" and other expletives and you get the idea.

Apparently an accident occurred between sois 112 and 114 of Lad Prao during the early morning rush hour on Thursday.

The poster of the clip parked his car that was rear ended down a side soi and was willing to forget the damage until the Fortuner driver started kicking off, he said.

The Fortuner driver's girlfriend tries to restrain him and the situation turns nasty before the Toyota driver leaves the scene and a policeman arrives on a bike.

Efforts to track down the Fortuner failed but Chok Chai police said they were investigating.

Daily News did not report what vehicle the other man was driving.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/592654

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-18

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Toyoto Fortuners are converted pickup trucks and nothing to get excited about.

Once my friend drove us into the jungle in a topmodel fortuner...i've never felt so uncomfortable in a car while being offroad...so i went walking next to the car , walking was faster and much more fun.

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Once my friend drove us into the jungle in a topmodel fortuner...i've never felt so uncomfortable in a car while being offroad...so i went walking next to the car , walking was faster and much more fun.

You found out that comfortable off road experience costs quite a lot more than 1.6M Baht

Just now, maxpower said:

You found out that comfortable off road experience costs quite a lot more than 1.6M Baht

Is that what a topmodel costs? Well they are good for driving in high water (or in the rivers like my friends did). But they are sure not comfortable. Also in BKK they are too large to park easy and fast.

50 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Toyoto Fortuners are converted pickup trucks and nothing to get excited about.

They haven't been that since the 90s.  Fortuner (Forerunner in the US) switched from the body on frame design used in pickup trucks to the unibody design in 1996.  They've been moving more and more towards soccer mom kid and grocery mobile ever since.

22 minutes ago, outre99 said:

They haven't been that since the 90s.  Fortuner (Forerunner in the US) switched from the body on frame design used in pickup trucks to the unibody design in 1996.  They've been moving more and more towards soccer mom kid and grocery mobile ever since.

I repeat. Toyota Fortuners are converted pickup trucks

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The Hilux and the Fortuner both share the same chassis, transmission and engines.

They are the same pick-up based platform in the older and new generations. 

The US Toyota 4Runner is a completely different vehicle. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that in Thailand pickups (and also fortuners) fall into the category of agriculture vehicles which are lower taxed than saloon cars.

So all fortunerdrivers are in fact farmers.

3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Pick-ups are considered commercial vehicles and they are subject to lower tax and different plates. 

Fortuners although just fancy pick-ups are not in the commercial category. 

And a pickup with double cab in which category is that? That must be in the cheap tax-category since it's a pickup?

17 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The Hilux and the Fortuner both share the same chassis, transmission and engines.

They are the same pick-up based platform in the older and new generations. 

The US Toyota 4Runner is a completely different vehicle. 

Easy boy, these Fortuners have real status here.

42 minutes ago, outre99 said:

..and judging from the video in the OP, muppet mobile as well.

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

Giving it the biggun in front of his bird, Let me go, let go, I'll kill him. Proper Barclays Banker

Skinny bird too. Yaabaa does that for you. Maybe he had some of her stash first.

Edited by NanLaew

They haven't been that since the 90s.  Fortuner (Forerunner in the US) switched from the bodyon frame design used in pickup trucks to the unibody design in 1996.  They've been moving more and more towards soccer mom kid and grocery mobile ever since.

Incorrect. They are very much still a body on frame vehicle. And - personal opinion alert - generally driven by the most aggressive and inconsiderate tail-gating light-flashing drivers in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Is that what a topmodel costs? Well they are good for driving in high water (or in the rivers like my friends did). But they are sure not comfortable. Also in BKK they are too large to park easy and fast.

'to park easy and fast' is not why Thai drunkards drive them. Watch the vdo again ... "Oh my car very Expensive".