Patong Beach operators to curb infant parasail rides

snoop1130

Patong Beach operators to curb infant parasail rides

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1503053916_1-org.jpg

The news broke after a Chinese tourist took his infant daughter screaming into the air on a parasail ride at Patong Beach on Wednesday. Photo: David Carlyle via The Sun

PHUKET:-- Parasail operators will meet with Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup on Tuesday to formalise a self-imposed rule to no longer allow young children on parasail rides at the popular tourist beach.

The news follows international headlines of a Chinese man taking his infant daughter on a screaming skyward ride at Patong Beach on Wednesday (Aug 16).

The incident was made public by tourist David Carlyle, who reported, “We watched as the toddler was clearly crying and in distress while these men were forcing the harness on her.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-beach-operators-to-curb-infant-parasail-rides-63522.php#PQ2P9RsAdZrg3CJe.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-8-18

"Child was crying as they put her in a harness" What kind of father would forces his kid to do something they are shit scared of. The child is probably now traumatised

Edited by Dave67

5 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"Child was crying as they put her in a harness" What kind of father would forces his kid to do something they are shit scared of. The child is probably now traumatised

5 minutes later the kid was wailing for another go!!!

:post-4641-1156694572:  :shock1:

2 hours ago, gummy said:

The former would I assume mean Thais ?

Not a lot of difference between the 2 IMO. not being a wacist, by the way, From my experiences, If you could the grade their unawareness of risk to life like Karate. Thais would be black belts and Chinese would be black belt with 5 Dans (The highest level you can go )

21 hours ago, pumpjack said:

bloody thai fools even letting this chinese dikhead take that poor child up on a terrifying ride,  what kind of idiots are there operating these activities

Uneducated, unqualified, uninsured, unlicensed, and obviously insensitive, its all about the money, money, money, and the local Mayor, governor or whatever you want to call them only waves his wand when it his the papers, with no magical powers as he would like them to apply a self imposed rule as to the age limit that they put on kids, yeh would want to go to hard on the Thai's as it may flow onto babies on motorbikes, you know the ones that get the blankets pulled into the motorbikes wheel at 3 months of age and get yanked out of the parents arms and splatter all over the road.

We have a saying back in Aus: shit for brains !!! 

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

Can't believe this needs to be banned. As the father of a 3/12 year old there is no way i would take my kid on a ride like that. What happened to responsible parenting?

Responsible parenting, you mean from Asian's, like the small kids that stand at the edge of the road watching the cars fly past with no adult in sight, sorry, I forgot, they have been told, not to go on the road, then there's the little ones on the motorbikes who don't have a say, well its the only means of transport they have to get around, and that should be accepted, yeh right.

Until the governments of Asian countries learn to regulate and enforce, show some balls, i.e. its not ok to put kids on motorbikes, or take them parasailing, teachers belting the crap put of school kids, etc etc, there will be no change, so I can only sit, read, and be dismayed as we all are. 

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 8/19/2017 at 9:08 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Responsible parenting, you mean from Asian's, like the small kids that stand at the edge of the road watching the cars fly past with no adult in sight, sorry, I forgot, they have been told, not to go on the road, then there's the little ones on the motorbikes who don't have a say, well its the only means of transport they have to get around, and that should be accepted, yeh right.

Until the governments of Asian countries learn to regulate and enforce, show some balls, i.e. its not ok to put kids on motorbikes, or take them parasailing, teachers belting the crap put of school kids, etc etc, there will be no change, so I can only sit, read, and be dismayed as we all are. 

Whoa, easy trigger! I meant exactly responsible parenting and what you mentioned is irresponsible parenting. Don't know too many families from Issan or other rural poorer areas spending money on parasail rides for their kids. Others, more than likely westerners, should know better is all i was saying

Just the title of the thread invokes a feeling of utter disbelief. Even after 7 years here I can still be astounded!

Responsible parenting?  Recently a neighbor came to our door to borrow 1000baht for hospital treatment because her 10yo daughter had an accident on her motorbike on the main road in the village.

(Hasn't yet been paid back)

Edited by Old Croc