Reporting motorcyclists on the sidewalk - first ten "super grasses" paid out!

rooster59

The police need to clear the sidewalk of all the vehicle parking, tables, chairs, plants, vendor stalls and all other matter and debris which currently crowd the footpath; then there would be a veritable freeway for the bikes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, yellowboat said:

Here is a Thailand 4.0 less for you:  You do not need people to look at them.  Machine vision does the work and messages a "police officer out on patrol" :shock1:.  Guess how much the software costs ?  0 Baht.  It is free !  Intel produced it.  

RTP does not patrol.  They saunter around town. 

Wake me up when it happens.

1 minute ago, yellowboat said:

Here is a Thailand 4.0 less for you:  You do not need people to look at them.  Machine vision does the work and messages a "police officer out on patrol" :shock1:.  Guess how much the software costs ?  0 Baht.  It is free !  Intel produced it.  

RTP does not patrol.  They saunter around town. 

You want things done as in the West? You picked the wrong country to live.

30 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I have lived here for a while and I try to share this planet with the rest of humanity. I do not think I am special that others have to do things to suit me. I find motorcyclists using the sidewalks to be polite and courteous for the most part.  They are no worse than cyclists using the sidewalk or guys on skateboards or those one wheeled electric thingies. 

Surely one of the reasons we came here was to embrace diversity, in all its forms.

Well if you think endangering pedestrians, especially young children, by riding anything on a pavement is a good idea then I am afraid you belong to a different world because frankly if you came here to do that then well you must have a very strange and distorted viewpoint on how to protect humanity.

You seem a sad person with sad ideals if you enjoy that as part of your adopted new lifestyle.

8 hours ago, biggles45 said:

Thais disobey road laws because the chance of being caught and fined is low, this could be what is needed to change years of bad behaviour ! 

This is slowly changing, girlfriends daughters boyfriend(boy that sounds convoluted) just received a fine in the mail for not wearing a helmet taken by a camera here in Chiang Mai.

Just for some clarity here, is this just for:

• motorcyclists that happen to be walking, I am a motorcyclist but sometimes I walk.
  • motorcyclists that are driving motorcycles on the sidewalk,
  • motorcyclists that have parked a motorcycle on a sidewalk.
  • There is no mention about parking a motorcycle illegally on the side of the road, if so, does that also include motor vehicles such as cars, trucks, forklifts, cars parked illegally in front of businesses that do not provide parking.
  • Businesses repairing cars in no parking zones hindering traffic or not.

Why are they always targeting motorcyclists?

There is nothing more dangerous and causes more accidents than cars parked illegally in no parking zones and an outdated law that seemingly but not really states that motorcyclists need to compete for the same lane. Nothing safe about sharing a lane with parked vehicles.

We update everything these days to keep up with technology. Anti lock brakes, airbags, GPS, phones, computers, cameras etc. and the list goes on. Motorcycles  are just as fast as any car on the road today, actually faster, but are still treated like bicycles.

If we update everything else to keep up with technology, why have the driving laws not been updated in 38 years?

The reason Thai roads are the most dangerous in the world is not because of motorcyclists using sidewalks or footpaths.

Commonsense doesn't need to be updated, that's just commonsense!

illegalparking.png

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Well if you think endangering pedestrians, especially young children, by riding anything on a pavement is a good idea then I am afraid you belong to a different world because frankly if you came here to do that then well you must have a very strange and distorted viewpoint on how to protect humanity.

You seem a sad person with sad ideals if you enjoy that as part of your adopted new lifestyle.

lol you're not pulling the "what about the children" card are you?

you should be out chastising the millions of parents taking their kid/s on extremely dangerous roads at speed on a mocy, standing on the flood board, head first, with zero safety equipment,...

but you are not are you, so really, calling others sad for their point of view is just well.....sad..

I was recently hit by a motorcycle taxi while crossing the street. It was a one way street and I did look both ways. He apparently was behind a van and sped around it. Other than that a nice guy. Took me to my hotel, the hospital and back to my hotel. Didn't charge me. 5555

Wish it would spread to my province in Nakhon Pathom, where I live this is rife, in fact not only do they ride on the sidewalks they actually set-up their mini encampments on them, chairs, tables, hammocks etc...

they line up their motorbikes side by side and block everything.

I'm not talking about isolated cases either, this is very much the norm for every motorcycle station.

20 hours ago, SurinBeach said:

Great idea, hope it lasts .....

I hope it doesn't for as soon as the errant motorcyclists learn their lessons and stop using sidewalks/pavement/footpaths then it will no longer be required.

I would not live in Thailand.  It does not appeal to me as much as Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam or China. 

Why are you commenting then if it doesn't affect you? Another armchair traveller?

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why are you commenting then if it doesn't affect you? Another armchair traveller?

Why are you commenting on Yellowboat's comment if it doesn't affect you?

Maybe because TV is an open forum?

Please continue your enjoyment.

Just now, Srikcir said:

Why are you commenting on Yellowboat's comment if it doesn't affect you?

Maybe because TV is an open forum?

Please continue your enjoyment.

Because he has been pontificating about Thailand and Thailands laws ad nauseum, and now it appears that he has never been here and knows FA about the place. That's why.

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

You are asking Thailand to conform to your standards,or even perhaps standards that are acceptable in the developed world. Never going to happen in my lifetime, and unless you are in your 30's or 40's, probably not yours.

Will Thailand ever develop as most of Asia is about to ?  If the mindset of rewarding snitches for these sorts of minor violations, probably not.   It is true.  Policing is not the BiB's strong suit.  Hope you make a bit dosh out of this.  If you are interested in setting up cameras and make a biz out of it, will be glad to point to the necessary resources. 

Will Thailand ever develop as most of Asia is about to ?  If the mindset of rewarding snitches for these sorts of minor violations, probably not.   It is true.  Policing is not the BiB's strong suit.  Hope you make a bit dosh out of this.  If you are interested in setting up cameras and make a biz out of it, will be glad to point to the necessary resources. 

No, I'm happy to be allowed to live as a guest in their country and accept the good with the bad, and at least I have first hand knowledge of what goes on, unlike some.

this is the beauty of thailand, not a bunch of ridiculous rules. foreigners who complain why are you here, go to another country. I walk all the time, if your aware and focused on your surroundings your not going to get hit. Your walking, thats the low man on the totem pole you must respect the motorbikes and make sure your not in the way, doesnt matter if its a sidewalk. 

Edited by at15