SURVEY: What is the most serious problem facing the international community?

Scott

SURVEY: Which do you think is the most serious situation facing the international community?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So if you do not "strongly favor" a close relative marrying outside of your race, you are racist?

I say this because I would be happy whatever race my 2 kids marry into. I don't care if they are black, white, yellow, brown or polka-dot.

Still, I do not 'strongly favor' that they marry outside of their race - because I don't care. I would certainly not strongly favor any race.

You can prove any bias with statistics if you word it right. Especially if you are the "Journal of Black Studies".

Seriously - how many racists do you come across yourself on a day to day basis? For me it's 0% if people I interact with.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Environmental destruction, to me, is #1

Another choice: overpopulation.

You can blame the medical community for that.  Nobody dies anymore.  The worst thing they could do is cure cancer or heart disease.   Look at Pattaya.  They never expected that much human excrement and now they are knee deep in it.  Give me the Stone Age.  18 years and out. Actually probably best spent in Pattaya with that life expectancy.  Then you are knee deep in shit again.  Damed if you do damned if you don't.

I chose  uncontrolled migration ,not because i dont like other races , i think that some people from another culture living amongst you brings many benifits ,especially if they integrate . The problems arise when hordes arrive ,do not integrate but just want to carry on in their own enclaves living their lives as they did back home and expecting the indigenous population the fit into their ways ,this leads to problems ,which we are starting to see in the west(you aint seen nothing yet).

and before the usual suspects go on about us living here in Thailand ,ok quite a few want to eat fish and chips every day ,but on the whole we do integrate ,marry locals , live next door to Thai people and ask for very little . and as for my comment you aint seen nothing yet , i truly believe that there are massive ,massive problems on the horizen .

32 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I chose  uncontrolled migration ,not because i dont like other races , i think that some people from another culture living amongst you brings many benifits ,especially if they integrate . The problems arise when hordes arrive ,do not integrate but just want to carry on in their own enclaves living their lives as they did back home and expecting the indigenous population the fit into their ways ,this leads to problems ,which we are starting to see in the west(you aint seen nothing yet).

and before the usual suspects go on about us living here in Thailand ,ok quite a few want to eat fish and chips every day ,but on the whole we do integrate ,marry locals , live next door to Thai people and ask for very little . and as for my comment you aint seen nothing yet , i truly believe that there are massive ,massive problems on the horizen .

yes, and the reason for thinking like this is so that if something happens rather quickly in the future...you had a chance to calmly and rationally think about it before hand.  that is very different from the folks who dismiss it as a likely thing..... and then they face having to consider what to do... with a sword hanging over their head. or run to the 7-11 to find the shelves already bare. eh?

one possible thing is salt water inundation. another a combination of heat and humidity that is deadly. another is a lack of fresh water because of ocean current changes. and more likely.... a Fukushima that "no one thought was even possible"... yeah? 

and if that is SE Asia or merely the Mekong Delta in Vietnam.....or en entire country sitting in a river delta on a ridge the other side of Tak.... Bangladesh.... and.....

last month was the hottest July......... ever... NASA Space Goddard website. and 90% of the heat goes into the ocean... not the land surface temperatures..... and.......  there is much much more.

that fresh water aquifer in Bangladesh of the Mekong Delta only has to be inundated below ground level somewhere where no one can see it even about to occur.. and then it does... and any amount of an almost infinite supply of salt water entering fresh water resources is a permanent problem involving food and human life. 

Edited by maewang99

Yet it is true.

Racists are a statistically insignificant percentage of the population. They do not exist in real terms.

Of course, the alt-left label anyone with white skin a racist. I'd call them racists because they target the white race - but they aren't really. They are just misled and most will grow out of it.

More like a disease that keeps on giving.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

There always have been, and always will be enclaves that serve as stepping stones to full integration.  Newcomers who don't understand the language very well, or the culture.  There were Italian enclaves and Irish enclaves, I was born into a Russian/Polish enclave.   It's still there, along with a few guys I knew when I was a kid.  But most of our families couldn't get out fast enough, and move off to the suburbs.   The newer an ethnic migration, the higher the percentage are going to still be in the enclaves.  It's always been that way.  Today, we rarely hear about the Irish not assimilating, or the Italians or the Russkies.  But we do have corned beef, pizza and kolaches.

Edit:  That said, I do have to acknowledge that the opportunities to get out of the enclaves were a lot more numerous back before the '70s when real wages started to shrink, decent entry level jobs started getting shipped to Asia and India and a "great economy" can happen even though 95% of the population is getting the short end of the stick...

Edited by impulse

On 20/08/2017 at 2:39 PM, pumpjack said:

muslim islamic migration into western countries indeed into the whole world.

we know that the islamic community do not and will never intergrate and live peacefully side by side with christians, buddists, jews & hindhu...the cause havoc and despair and violence in every corner of the globe.....

yet the liberal left retards    are still blind

Ah, wondered when the hate voice would emerge. 

On 8/20/2017 at 4:12 AM, Grumpy Duck said:

I agree, many in the USA speak of the capitalist society being so great. However, the society is no longer capitalist but more like a plutocracy or at best crony capitalism. 

Exactly!

I'm surprised the environment didn't even make the list, though the current agenda-driven marketing of this masks the real problem, which is planetary overcrowding.  Starvation, lack of water, international wrangling over energy resources, uncontrolled migration, international terrorism, isolationism, class warfare, the spread of disease, pollution, etc., are all symptoms of something, not end results.  With over 7 billion people on the planet now, a number rising exponentially  (some project over 11 billion by 2100), the planet's capacity is simply reaching - if it hasn't already reached - its limits.   Talk about carbon emissions all you want; that discussion is for the simple-minded and just a distraction.  (If a population of 7 billion is producing so much that it damages the climate, even with many countries cutting theirs, while other MAJOR "developing countries" are insisting on their right to keep GROWING theirs, how FPS do you expect 11 billion to do so, I don't care what nonsense you put on paper for bureaucrats to sign??  It's the mother of all fool's errands.)  It's a question of population, not production and not even pollution.

Image result for earth population chart

Edited by hawker9000

The Planet as we know it is doomed ,we just cannot go on reproducing and using all the resources the way we are , and to all those who say ,wind ,wave and solar power ,forget it , the places where the population increases most and where little is done for them,will just try to come to the places that have it ,what we are seeing now is a trickle ,it will become a tsunami ,but i will be long dead ,as will many of you ,God help our children and grandchildren .

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't know why people worry so much about climate change. As soon as the Rothschild's feel threatened they will simply reduce the world population to a more manageable size.

I can't say that the anti-semitism which we see here is the world's biggest threat but it is one kind of stupidity which arguably is.