Phuket motorcyclist dies after crashing into pregnant buffalo

webfact

Phuket motorcyclist dies after crashing into pregnant buffalo

Eakkapop Thongtub

1503295042_1-org.jpg

The injured pregnant buffalo was still lying in the road when rescue workers arrived. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A motorbike accident that took place in the early hours of yesterday (Aug 20) left a 25-year-old man dead, a pregnant buffalo with two broken legs and another motorcyclist with minor injuries after the two men crashed into the buffalo near the entrance to Manik temple in Srisoonthon at about 2:30am.

Thalang Police Deputy Inspector Capt Ekkachak Kwuanwan was informed by passers-by that two motorcyclists had hit a herd of buffaloes, one pregnant, near the entrance to Manik temple, Moo 7, Srisoonthon Rd, Srisoonthon and that one man was seriously injured.

Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived to the scene to find a buffalo and a man lying in the middle of the road.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-motorcyclist-dies-after-crashing-into-pregnant-buffalo-63542.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-21

"Mr Apiwat Noowanna, 25 years old, breathing mildly. Rescuers performed CPR, however, he died upon arrival at Thalang Hospital. Mr Apiwat suffered a broken neck and wounds throughout his body, police reported"

One has to hope the rescuers were cognizant of the patient's broken neck before they commenced CPR.

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

"Mr Apiwat Noowanna, 25 years old, breathing mildly. Rescuers performed CPR, however, he died upon arrival at Thalang Hospital. Mr Apiwat suffered a broken neck and wounds throughout his body, police reported"

One has to hope the rescuers were cognizant of the patient's broken neck before they commenced CPR.

No, the new trend amongst Thai first responders is that anyone who cannot run away gets CPR whether they need it or not. It has got completely out of control.

7 hours ago, jenifer d said:

an only in Thailand headline, to be sure...

a pity about the motorcyclist (RIP) and the poor injured buffalo

Not at all. I have friends who have hit cows on their motorbikes in Australia.The cows always win. I have hit kangaroos twice and one friend even hit a camel.

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Back in the mid 80s, I had to slam my car brakes to stop before hitting a grey cow lying in the heat of the road after 10pm. This was a rural road leading to Malacca town.

Fortunately, I had my high beams turned on.

No, I don't get it, can't see how the punch line relates to the rest of the joke. Is it the grey cow, or something about Malacca?

10 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

No, I don't get it, can't see how the punch line relates to the rest of the joke. Is it the grey cow, or something about Malacca?

Conditions on rural roads where farmers don't lock down their animals, and let them roam free.

37 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

I'm not in the MOOOOOOOd for jokes.