She could be pregnant, but I don't live in Thailand..

Bonobojt

ok so recently I was in Bangkok for a couple of months (june and july), and I ended up meeting a girl I knew from last year, we had some fun last year and she liked me a lot, but we stopped talking for a while after I went back to the UK, but we matched again on Tinder (an online dating app) on my recent trip and she ended up staying at my hotel and we ended up having sex with a condom. I liked her, so I didn't meet any other girls for the rest of my trip, just kept meeting her every weekend and we would have sex and hang out, we always used condoms, Durex condoms.

about this girl, she's young, 21 years old University student, lives with her sister and dad, she never wanted kids, I'm 26 years old from England, and I still live at home but I have a average paid job as a kitchen porter at a University, I never wanted kids also. This wasn't just a one night stand hook up thing, she likes me a lot but I always say no to a relationship because I don't live in Thailand and I don't want a long distance relationship. I don't have a University degree so I can't even work as an English Teacher in Bangkok, and to be honest I don't want to at this time.

anyway, 2 weeks after I get back to the UK, she tells me her period is late, as I'm writing this now, her period is around 8 days late I believe, she said the date her period was due (13th) only a little bit of blood came out, so that make her worried. 

there is some hope, she did have an illness for a while, she had a sore throat and cough and did take medication for it, which I've read online that that can effect a women's period, I always wore a condom and when I took the condom off I never noticed any holes, leakage etc.. she will take a home pregnancy test tomorrow morning, she doesn't want a abortion if she is Pregnant, which I can understand. She said she would unfriend and block me on Facebook if I wanted her to have an abortion.

my question is, if she is pregnant, are, what the hell do I do, are there any laws that require me to give he money ? if I don't want to be a father then should I even try to be a part of this kids life ? 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Bonobojt you are going to be a father. 

Just send her over some money to help with medical expenses. 

I think her dad is getting sick too. 

The laws are not very strict on deadbeat fathers and you are about to be one. 

Sadly, the highest paying, steadiest job available to many women in Thailand is mother of some foreigner's kid.  And a nice fat check each month would sure be nice to supplement even a degreed position.

That said, don't start sweating until she confirms she's pregnant, and make sure there's a DNA test before forking over any dough for child support.  But I can't help you on the money she may need for pre-natal care.  It may be some other foreigner's kid, or a local guy's.  But it may be your's and I'm not up on the tech available locally to determine that before the baby's born.  Though I'm sure others have been down the path.

Get yourself checked out for STD's, too.  On the off chance you did have an undetected condom mishap, no use spreading the joy back home.

Don't worry. 

You should block her and not wait for her to block you. 

You are 26 and a foreigner. She wants to milk you and keep you for what it's worth. 

The day always changes, the story stays the same. 

No worries mate, you'll be fine and won't be a dad if you wore a rubber 100% of the time. 

Just use some common sense aight? 

She said she would unfriend and block me on Facebook if I wanted her to have an abortion.

So she has already concluded that the OP is the father. But he has stated he had covered sex, which means the odds are he is not the father. Three possibilities: 1. Condom was faulty (doubtful) 2. She`s been sleeping around (highly possible) 3. She`s scamming to get money (highly probable).

Delete her from your life and move on.

Your immaturity is quite evident. Whether there are laws of not...if you turn out to be a father, man up and take care of the kid and your responsibilities. Enough said....time to stop being a kid, if you want to stay a kid, then remember kids don't have sex for fun , they watch cartoons. Man up IF and only IF she can provide DNA evidence.

She is young, late period is nothing unusual...

If she happens to be pregnant and you really are the father ... it is up to you what you gonna do. She won't sue you in England.

Many farang bashing farangs on TV always say - do as Thais do, accept their way and culture without questioning it. That means do as every other Thai male would do - walk away.

Send her to the doctors pronto and pay her off with a 5000 baht bonus for proof of termination or just disappear or just be really mean to her and maybe her brain will kick in and she will do the right thing and get rid of it.

10 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

Don't worry. 

You should block her and not wait for her to block you. 

You are 26 and a foreigner. She wants to milk you and keep you for what it's worth. 

The day always changes, the story stays the same. 

No worries mate, you'll be fine and won't be a dad if you wore a rubber 100% of the time. 

Just use some common sense aight? 

mate well said i agree with you 100% you and i will have upset a few TVM that got caught and expect everyone else to do what they did and ruin their life.

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Send her to the doctors pronto and pay her off with a 5000 baht bonus for proof of termination or just disappear or just be really mean to her and maybe her brain will kick in and she will do the right thing and get rid of it.

Sure he already said she wont have a termination if indeed pregnant. A whole 5000bht to kill a baby life is cheap.

Edited by jeab1980

16 hours ago, wow64 said:

Congratulations Bonobojt you are going to be a father. 

Just send her over some money to help with medical expenses. 

I think her dad is getting sick too. 

The laws are not very strict on deadbeat fathers and you are about to be one. 

When I first read your comments I was a bit taken aback....like....not exactly the supportive type, so I went back and read the OP's full post.

I want to appoligise to you now for my first wrong impression of your comments and a piece of advice for the Thai lady..........  "Stay well away", you can do much better than a man who likes to describe in minute detail the intimite and personal workings of your body... to a bunch of strangers.

Do the right thing if in fact she is pregnant and it is your child.       Help with medical expenses, child support etc.     Do not consider most of the idiot suggestions already posted by the usual cretins on TV.     Good luck.