Ford Scheduled Service Costs

Henryford

I took my Fiesta in for its 27 month service today and expected to pay around 3,700 baht, which is the figure quoted on the Ford Service Plan. In fact it cost 5,457 baht. When i queried the difference i was told it was labour and tax costs. Is that normal or was i conned. I can't see the point of Ford producing a fixed price service plan chart it if bears no relation to the costs you finally pay.

IMG_20170822_093527.jpg

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

That's pretty expensive, do you know how much the labor hr charge and what parts were changed?

Yes the OP should presumably have been given an itemised invoice? When I have had my truck serviced I always get them to translate what each item is. The labour charge is normally one of the smaller components?

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't take it to Ford get it serviced at Cockpit or other outlets the same if you can get a good local recommended one. 

As we don't have an itemised bill we cant tell what he paid for.

Have just been to Toyota for my first 10th service. Only done 4.700kim but as I have along trip coming up and usually do service at 5th anyway. Decided to get it done.

Right what did they do well first checked out the power Battery charging rate+++ then into the main bit changed oil filter oil, cleaned out Eng: fil: and A/Con one. Greased the prop, cleaned the engine and turbo rad with air line, did tyre pressure took out stones from tyres. Then filled up with 8lt of Toyota fully Synthetic oil. (The old one only took 6lt of semi syn:) Re checked all the lights electric bit's. 

Then it was off for a full valet that's free at Toyotas. Took a total of 1H 10min: cost 1.817.07BHT. Used to cost 1.600bt for the old Spivo. Might have been the extra 2lt of fully synthetic oil that made up the difference. Cheap as chips. Oh nearly forgot the 100bt that I gave tip to the man that did it. 

Please don't tell me you can get all that done cheaper at those Quick fit garages.

Do have the Bill and oil can if anyone wants to see snap of same.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

As we don't have an itemised bill we cant tell what he paid for.

Have just been to Toyota for my first 10th service. Only done 4.700kim but as I have along trip coming up and usually do service at 5th anyway. Decided to get it done.

Right what did they do well first checked out the power Battery charging rate+++ then into the main bit changed oil filter oil, cleaned out Eng: fil: and A/Con one. Greased the prop, cleaned the engine and turbo rad with air line, did tyre pressure took out stones from tyres. Then filled up with 8lt of Toyota fully Synthetic oil. (The old one only took 6lt of semi syn:) Re checked all the lights electric bit's. 

Then it was off for a full valet that's free at Toyotas. Took a total of 1H 10min: cost 1.817.07BHT. Used to cost 1.600bt for the old Spivo. Might have been the extra 2lt of fully synthetic oil that made up the difference. Cheap as chips. Oh nearly forgot the 100bt that I gave tip to the man that did it. 

Please don't tell me you can get all that done cheaper at those Quick fit garages.

Do have the Bill and oil can if anyone wants to see snap of same.

Well go to Sukhothai Toyota and see what bullshit they write on your listed bill.

Yaris and City l take for everything checked & serviced at Sukhothai Cockpit 1200 baht tops Mobil 1 oil 1400.

Edited by Kwasaki

22 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well go to Sukhothai Toyota and see what bullshit they write on your listed bill.

Yaris and City l take for everything checked & serviced at Sukhothai Cockpit 1200 baht tops Mobil 1 oil 1400.

Bet your Yaris doesn't take 8lt of Fully Synthetic oil.

Must admit that Toyota Suk is crap. I did go there once and they tried to take the pee. Came up with lots of things a tapping sound was. Went to my local Toyo and it turned out to be a small stone in the fan belt. Sorted in Min: cost free.

When my missus had her Fiesta in for its last service they came up with a itemised quote of around B5,000, which she was going to be  quite happy to sign off until I grabbed the quote and made her go through it item by item and tucked  away was a B1,000 charge for a full engine clean for a spotless motor, among several other non-essential items. The revised bill ended up at about B3,500.

The price shown should have been the price that you paid. You most definitely should have got an itemised bill. Did you only get two free labour services when you bought the Fiesta. look ion your service book.

Ford, like all the others will try and charge you for all little extra bits.

Next time tell them you won't pay more than the advertised price. So don't add any extras. AND make sure you get an itemised bill.  

Look here ... a previous topic ...Post #10 I think

NanLaew seems to be very up on it … if he doesn’t comment maybe PM him

Edited by JAS21

It seems the difference between what i paid and the advertised chart price was the labour 2.5 hours plus 7% tax. I sat in front of them though while they did the service and it took less than 1 hour.

To me though the advertised chart price is useless in telling customers what their service bills will be. Ford must know the standard hours chargeable for labour so why not add that to the chart price.

It seems the difference between what i paid and the advertised chart price was the labour 2.5 hours plus 7% tax. I sat in front of them though while they did the service and it took less than 1 hour.

To me though the advertised chart price is useless in telling customers what their service bills will be. Ford must know the standard hours chargeable for labour so why not add that to the chart price.
How many, err 'highly trained technicians' serviced your car?

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

As I said above ... Mr NanLaew seems to be very up on it and supplied this a while back ...LOOKSEE

They're kinda buried on Ford TH's website and move around when they rejig it but the following is the current home page for the maintenance service info for all models.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/owner/maintenance/

Have you checked how many free labour services you were given? If you didn't get any it looks like you were charged around the correct amount. You should still have your 'buying agreement' and it will tell you in that ...also there should have been 'pages' vouchers in your service book ... count the pages removed against the next service pages... check that 'someone' hasn't removed and future pages from your service book :shock1: AND what happened at your last service ... cost? You will have that paperwork.

As you don't have SSP your dealer will still have the paperwork ...ask for a copy ...they might have filed it deep but insist ... take a forceful Thai with you!!

I was told by a Tech at our dealership that they had increased the Hr rate to 550thb  

Edited by JAS21

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's no charge for labour for the first 5 services (up to 75,000 km or 45 months). I think the OP got cheated.

His car is 27 months old ... was the 5 free labour offer on then.. when we bought the Fiesta EcoBoost in June 2015 the free labour services were 3 times only. That was the time when they had the offer of 100,000thb discount along with quite a few other bits.

Still not sure that it was a good buy even at 6500,000thb. The only thing that has failed so far is the water pump ... It has the latest TCM software and all seems ok in that are at the moment..........

On 8/23/2017 at 11:09 PM, JAS21 said:

His car is 27 months old ... was the 5 free labour offer on then.. when we bought the Fiesta EcoBoost in June 2015 the free labour services were 3 times only. That was the time when they had the offer of 100,000thb discount along with quite a few other bits.

Still not sure that it was a good buy even at 6500,000thb. The only thing that has failed so far is the water pump ... It has the latest TCM software and all seems ok in that are at the moment..........

Unless there has been a recent change and they haven't updated their website ? My last (4th at 60,000 km) service about 5 months ago on my 2014 Ranger was free of labor charges. The service girl pointed out that my next service (5th at 75,000 km) would be my last 'free' one.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:38 PM, Kwasaki said:

One word: Warranty

On 8/23/2017 at 8:00 AM, Henryford said:

Had exactly the same issue with Ford on my 2011 truck purchase. 3hrs labour when the whole thing was completed in less than 1. If I buy from them again, I will be sure to ensure I get labour free servicing until end of warranty or written confirmation my warranty stays intact if my preferred service centre is used.

Best thing I had was a week after service, failure to start, water low in battery. They had refilled and failed to tighten the caps. Incompetent.

30 minutes ago, naboo said:

Had exactly the same issue with Ford on my 2011 truck purchase. 3hrs labour when the whole thing was completed in less than 1. If I buy from them again, I will be sure to ensure I get labour free servicing until end of warranty or written confirmation my warranty stays intact if my preferred service centre is used.

Best thing I had was a week after service, failure to start, water low in battery. They had refilled and failed to tighten the caps. Incompetent.

Ford have fixed service prices and fixed man hours allocated for each service.  You can buy SSP and then no more service costs for 63 months. 

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

3 year Warranty on car and trucks these days, think about it,  l would understand your concern if you do no have an automobile engineer or DIY background.

Sod that, i never lift the hood anymore,even with engineering background. Just lift a Leo at my age.!!

10 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Sod that, i never lift the hood anymore,even with engineering background. Just lift a Leo at my age.!!

That's your problem your drinking middle high-so beer instead of Ford Chang. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Maintenance Free caused the change to Leo, no need for Chang Battery Acid anymore..:partytime2:

:biggrin:  Ok but seriously what l meant about warranty is l can't remember at anytime using it on any new car within 3 years. 

Problem things that may happen usually aren't covered e.g. Battery. 

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

3 year Warranty on car and trucks these days, think about it,  l would understand your concern if you do no have an automobile engineer or DIY background.

I seriously doubt Ford warranties work performed by Sukhothai Cockpit. Do you happen to have a reference?   

17 minutes ago, fullcave said:

I seriously doubt Ford warranties work performed by Sukhothai Cockpit. Do you happen to have a reference?   

From what l'm aware Cockpit can service any vehicle, warranties issues if any have to be carried out by the vehicles dealer.

My only ref regard warranties is Toyota Yaris first service by Toyota the following 9 years at Cockpit a Vigo l had l did the same.

The scenario's with Toyota are the reason not just cost, I would expect not all dealers the same.  

Honda City I've done the same mainly because of cost, Cockpit service it.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:09 PM, JAS21 said:

6.5m for a Fiesta, 650K was to much to pay, a friend paid over 700 k for their Fiesta in 2012 and wished they had never bought it