Visa overstayer alleges extortion of Bt600,000

snoop1130

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

ahh didn't take long for that tired of trope to come out. One that has be debunked many times.

And hey here is a novel idea, lets stop invading, bombing and interfering with other countries and maybe we wouldn't have so many refugees knocking around, funny that.

Unfortunately that is a totally irrelevant concept you have, but hey never mind  there are so many people currently in denial,  so you are not alone.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jobwolf said:

Reading many of the comments on this website it make me wonder how some of you are able to read or write.

There is not much brain or sense behind many comments.

It occasionally makes many of us wonder.

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

overstaying, working without a work permit and complaining

Ever been under fire ?
People I met went where they could, with just the shirt on their back, no matter where.

16 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

I know he is an overstayer but his country is a warzone. And instead of getting help, he is being taken advantage of. 

I guess my question would be why he did not go to one of the UN NGO and seek asylum or something.  I have an issue with a refugee that can pay that kind of money.  This is a close one a person on overstay that is working illegally with money(?) versus the Thai police, Thai immigration police, and others.

Not sure who to believe this one could be somewhere in the middle.  How old is the son?  If he is over 18 then he probably got picked up for not having a visa of his own, overstay and who knows.  In that case, it would be legal to detain.  Detaining a kid I just do not see happening.

Personally, I think someone got caught on overstay and is trying to get out of it.  Hell, he could have paid the fine left the country and come back in before the new rules took effect.

2 hours ago, Kevbo said:

So he should stay thereinand fight for his beloved country instead of running away

Exactly, a large percentage of those who poured Into Europe  are young men, cowards escaping the warzone, leaving families, women and children to face the enemy while they go looking for a better life for themselves.

European countries,   particulay Germany, will regret

their stupidity. 

I think the barber has done a number of dumb things..... overstaying, paying conmen, and reporting to the police.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense. 

i, can assure you its not nonsense, I cannot obviously speak for every country, because i dont know, however my wife is Thai and has ILR in the UK and her visa clearly states "no recourse to public funds" IE no benefits

1 minute ago, brianj1964 said:

i, can assure you its not nonsense, I cannot obviously speak for every country, because i dont know, however my wife is Thai and has ILR in the UK and her visa clearly states "no recourse to public funds" IE no benefits

And I can assure you that the overwhelming vast majority of those who receive benefits in the uk do so because they are entitled to them. 

benefits are gained by national insurance contributions, what NI is paid by immigrants that come here? i wasnt starting an arguement, clearly correcting your statement, and my wife works and pays tax and NI and is still not entitled to benefits, thats not nonsense its fact

6 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Refugees? Egypt and Lebanon ? The only Syrian refugees are those in refugee camps in Syria and surrounding countries. Those who can afford air tickets and B 15 k bribes per month are well off economic immigrants. 

You don't have to be poor to be affected by a war zone.  Look at Aleppo... I would flee, i would take my family and I would make sure I have access to my money. 

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yep.  Pretty nasty people.   However, overstaying, working without a work permit and complaining as another poster said.  I would hope he at least can rat out the ones that were extorting him.  I am sure their visas would not stand much scrutiny.

Have you imagined the possibility that the extortion claim is a scam? How difficult would it have been to keep their visas current like most foreigners?

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yep.  Pretty nasty people.   However, overstaying, working without a work permit and complaining as another poster said.  I would hope he at least can rat out the ones that were extorting him.  I am sure their visas would not stand much scrutiny.

IF his claim is found to be true. Notice that's a BIG if. If I was a wealthy Syrian and was stupid enough to overstay 4 years, discovered I could not buy off anyone in Immigration, with all the stories of extortion of foreigners in the media, I might have thought out the same scam. However at the same time he WAS able to fly under the radar for 4 years. 

8 hours ago, hansnl said:

Who am I to guess he was cleaned out by people from the same area he comes from.

I know in the USA immigrants will usually be ripped off by their own people before Americans. My first wife was originally from Korea, she learned fast that when people threw her the line, "Trust me we same Korean, (or same asian)" she knew to walk away. 

6 hours ago, glasswort said:

What happened to capital letters after full stops and at the beginning of the piece? The standard of English of many posters on TV is absolutely appalling. Judging by your name you are from UK so you should be even more ashamed of yourself.

I find it is not often ignorance but being lazy. Using suggested words and phrases on a smartphone. Usually the retort is you understood my meaning, right? 555

6 hours ago, impulse said:

So you're saying people with money can't be in fear of getting bombed, gassed, shot or tortured if they stay in their home country?

Edit:  As I recall, the wealthy are often the first ones to be targeted, since they have something to steal.

55555555 yes? Iremember receiving many emails from wealthy Nigerians needing assistance getting their wealth out of Africa. 

Usually the truly wealthy are the cause of the uprisings. 

19 hours ago, saakura said:

Barber shop in Soi Nana can earn so much that he can pay 600k in bribes apart from a monthly handler of 15,000 Baht to the police? What was he shaving?? As most farangs i see there are balding!

Shaving off money :cheesy::cheesy:

23 hours ago, TVGerry said:

So sad. Not only extorted by the corrupt locals but also by fellow refugees. 

Every Brit I know living in Bkk swears all the refuges are living in Britain in the life of luxury.  Someone needs to get the Word to this guy that Britain will give him free housing, health care and money for beer while denying all these benefits to actual British citizens?

5 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Have you imagined the possibility that the extortion claim is a scam? How difficult would it have been to keep their visas current like most foreigners?

In his case it would have been very difficult.  I doubt he could return to Syria to get a METV which requires issuing in home country I think.  He probably could not get a retirement visa. If he had money, and if he even got into Thailand legally in the first place, he could have gotten an Elite visa. So if he was legit, there are ways he could have stayed.  So things just don't add up.