retirement visa agent in Pattaya

Hello and thanks you for taking time to read.

I did do a search on this forum for 'retirement visa' and got lots of webpages but little that offered up an answer.

I am 50 and living in Pattaya, I have been here predominantly since 2014 on various types of visa (presently 60 tourist visa). I am interested in having a multiple entry retirement visa to hopefully make it easier to stay here long term.

So, I would like to know if any strong recommendations exist for particular visa agents in the pattaya (or Bangkok) area who can take my passport and sort things out on my behalf. A turn key solution for a resonable fee - if such a thing exists.

I have looked on the internet and see several, but I have not got a clue who I should talk too. I dont know many people here whose advice is little more than gossip based opinion and I hope this forum may offer up a few worthy companies.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for a multiple entry visa at a embassy or consulate. You cannot apply for one here in the country.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at a immigration officeand then get a multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid if you want to travel.

You need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

To apply for the extension you need a non immigrant visa entry to apply for it. You can apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration that will allow a 90 day entry that you can then extend during the last 30 days of it

thank you for this. I know the numbers. I was not aware of the technicalities of re-entry. However I am looking for an agent who is recommended based on reputation.

Problem with Pattaya agents is that they take shortcuts using corruption. So when you use them you do not get it how things should be done properly. It may work year, two or three, who knows but as all illegal activity one day it may cause problems..

Edited by thaitero

Is there a particular reason you want to use an agent?

It's a very simple process and Ubon Joes has explained what you need to do, using an agent wouldn't expedite the process but it would probably cost you a fair bit of cash.

The re entry permit is only required if you intend leaving the country during your twelve month extension, if you don't obtain one your extension is lost when you leave the Kingdom. They can be purchased at your Immigration Office when you extend your stay or at an airport when you leave by air.

6 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Problem with Pattaya agents is that they take shortcuts using corruption. So when you use them you do not get it how things should be done properly. It may work year, two or three, who knows but as all illegal activity one day it could cause problems..

Indeed.

A crackdown on corruption could definitely impact the foreigners that consented to using corrupt methods by handing over their passports and fees to such agents.

How will you know? 

It's usually easy (they'll openly advertise how you don't need this, you don't need that) but if there's any doubt, learn the actual legal rules, and then if your agent can process things without you following them ... bingo. 

Edited by Jingthing

It is a very easy process in doing it yourself. It requires a few documents that's it.  If anything the hardest part is getting a "Income Letter" from your Embassy if you go the monthly route. It means you have to spend some time in Bangkok. I could think of worse ways to spend a day. Using a an agent can become your worse nightmare if they screw it up because it's still on you not them. You would be wise jut to do it your self.  They have their rules and actually are very helpful in getting it completed.  Too many here bitch about every little thing. Just take it in stride and do it yourself.

• Like 1

See ruby at the kiosk at the Jontiem immigration if you desire.

Evidently there are special cases that up country will refer to pattaya or other regional centres.

This may have changed now, but there's a reasonable bet that if the kiosks are still around Jontiem immigration then special cases are allowed.

EDIT

When you renew again somewhere else they will remark on the special case stamps, but it seems fast tracked legal.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Cambodia Travel soi Bukhaow near to Nicky,s bar/restaurant............cost approx 19,000 baht :sad:

Nisan - I and some friends have used him.  19 grand seems a bit steep - it was nearer 13 grand when I used him a few years ago.  A pal used him last year and it was the same, I think.

7 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Nisan - I and some friends have used him.  19 grand seems a bit steep - it was nearer 13 grand when I used him a few years ago.  A pal used him last year and it was the same, I think.

For first time applications including multi entry visa its 19k..........renewals 13k

10 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

19,000 Baht for something that costs 1,900 Baht. :ohmy:

Makes perfect sense. :omfg:

1900 is thai goverment fee

With agent there is corrupt immigration fee and agent fee. Nobody knows how they share this "extra fee"

As we see total fee from customer varies a lot. Agent decides what the total fee is based how stupid and daft he thinks his customer is..

Edited by thaitero

Its his money his choice. Non of us know the guys circumstances. If I didnt have all the boxes ticked (and i didnt when i first came) i would/did use an agent for a couple of years. Legal stamps in Passport so i dont/didnt care where or who divide the money up. Ps it was a lot less then however if i need to use an agent i will.

A lot of people tell me im mad for staying on Non O visa but it suits me perfectly.

• Like 1

Some people are far too quick to assume that if one uses an agent for the retirement extension, there must be corruption involved. That is not necessarily the case. I do everything above board (income letter from Embassy, etc.), but choose to use an agent because I cannot stand going to the zoo on soi 5 in Jomtien. I am by no means alone in making this choice. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mrjlh said:

It is a very easy process in doing it yourself. It requires a few documents that's it.  If anything the hardest part is getting a "Income Letter" from your Embassy if you go the monthly route. It means you have to spend some time in Bangkok. I could think of worse ways to spend a day. Using a an agent can become your worse nightmare if they screw it up because it's still on you not them. You would be wise jut to do it your self.  They have their rules and actually are very helpful in getting it completed.  Too many here bitch about every little thing. Just take it in stride and do it yourself.

If you are British, you get the Income Letter by post.

1 hour ago, Goethe said:

I do everything above board (income letter from Embassy, etc.), but choose to use an agent because I cannot stand going to the zoo on soi 5 in Jomtien. I am by no means alone in making this choice. 

I went to the zoo the other day for my yearly retirement extension. I had nearly all my photocopies but, inevitably, they wanted one more.

So I got the one photocopy (no queue) as the copy desk inside immigration and got my numbered counter ticket. No one was in front of me so I saw the guy who does the document checking immediately. He took about a minute to collate my documents and highlight the relevant parts in yellow. He took my 1900B and I was out of the door in under 10 minutes total. I went back the next day to collect my passport which didnt even take one minute.

The icing on the cake was that my bank didnt charge me the 100B for the letter as I am a "good customer".

Would I pay anyone anything to do the above for me? No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrjlh said:

I just knew you Brits were spoiled...LOL.

Not really. It's just that the Embassy doesn't want any of their citizens actually turning up in person to disturb their peaceful day. And I don't regard having to pay 50 quid for one short paragraph which must take them all of 5 minutes to produce and stick in an envelope as being spoiled.

Some people are far too quick to assume that if one uses an agent for the retirement extension, there must be corruption involved. That is not necessarily the case. I do everything above board (income letter from Embassy, etc.), but choose to use an agent because I cannot stand going to the zoo on soi 5 in Jomtien. I am by no means alone in making this choice. 

Not a zoo! Took me under 20 minutes in and our for new one year visa! If u are legitimate why would u need an agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 minutes ago, Othello said:

Not a zoo! Took me under 20 minutes in and our for new one year visa! If u are legitimate why would u need an agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nothing to do with legitimate. A lot to do with choice. You do it your way let him do it his way and not automatically presume people who use an agent must be non legitimate.I have to agree when i used jontiem it was a zoo and it stunk of sweat.

Ps you didnt get a visa.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrjlh said:

I just knew you Brits were spoiled...LOL.

We're certainly not spoiled at passport renewal time, thanks to the dreaded "With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience" which was inflicted on us 3 years ago!

6 hours ago, thaitero said:

With agent there is corrupt immigration fee and agent fee.

Or, as an alternative to the corrupt immigration fee, the fee for the agent's mate who is an expert in forgery!