HISENSE TV / 55'' UHD SMART M7030

moonseeker

Hi there

Anybody, probably in BKK can tell me where to find this TV. There is a website, which says LOTUS : "No have!", just the low-end models. 

Phone & address on website is wrong and leads to some trading company, which knows nothing. Any help much appreciated.  Regards.  MS>

A quick search seems to indicate limited retail sales on this brand, basically Tesco Lotus.

May I ask why you are focused on this brand/model?

There are a boatload of 55" FHD Smart TVs, I got a Samsung UA55K5500 from Lazada (COD) recently for ~ 17,500. 

53 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

There are a boatload of 55" FHD Smart TVs, I got a Samsung UA55K5500 from Lazada (COD) recently for ~ 17,500. 

The model in the OP is UHD, which I'm assuming to be 4K.

Edit:  To the OP, I've been real pleased with the price and performance of my TCL Brand TV's.  I've got a 40" FHD, a 40" 4K and a 50" 4K.  Like HiSense, it's a very popular brand in China and significantly lower in price than the famous names in Thailand.

Edited by impulse

Thank you.

Yes, I am looking for an 8 or 9 series as on their Aussie website. They will only have in 2019 in Thailand, I was just told.

Is an ULED / ELED  4 - UHD K which is highly praised and half the price or less. I just wanna try it out, got curious, might go for their more basic 7 series, around 30K for 55", said to beat all main brands in that price class. In my living room I stay with my trusted LG 78" UHHD. And funny, must have gotten the same Samsung for the same price a  couple weeks back for  rental room. When I ordered 2, it reduced me to 1, YOU must have gotten the other one :-) Regards.  MS>

19 hours ago, impulse said:

The model in the OP is UHD, which I'm assuming to be 4K.

Edit:  To the OP, I've been real pleased with the price and performance of my TCL Brand TV's.  I've got a 40" FHD, a 40" 4K and a 50" 4K.  Like HiSense, it's a very popular brand in China and significantly lower in price than the famous names in Thailand.

I also have a TCL 50 UHD. I'm not that happy with it, as it has a very poor "smart" interface.

You can't test this in the shop, so it was an unpleasant surprise compared to friends UHD Samsungs and LGs.

12 minutes ago, bobbin said:

I also have a TCL 50 UHD. I'm not that happy with it, as it has a very poor "smart" interface.

You can't test this in the shop, so it was an unpleasant surprise compared to friends UHD Samsungs and LGs.

Good info and I must admit that I used mine as computer monitors (also playing videos on the computer and USB ports), only occasionally firing up the Smart features as a curiosity.  I'm not enamored with any interface with no mouse or keyboard because I'm so accustomed to having them for work.  But that's me and my fat fingers.

25 minutes ago, bobbin said:

You can usually review the specs, read reviews online, watch reviews on Youtube, download and read the user's manual to get a feel for the "Smarts".

Some brands/models, e.g. LG, natively support Android, so that makes it convenient for utilizing Play Store apps.

I was pretty surprised that my new Samsung included a Synology app, making my NAS a "source", and I can "cast" pretty much anything from any Android device easily (so no need to use a Chromecast). Also has many of the paid subscriptions included (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu). But I cannot sideload an Android APK, say NFL Gamepass - for some reason I thought that GP was supported on Samsung TVs. For that, I have to use an Android TV box. (Obviously, you can use a wireless keyboard/mouse with an Android TV box.)

28 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You can usually review the specs, read reviews online, watch reviews on Youtube, download and read the user's manual to get a feel for the "Smarts".

Some brands/models, e.g. LG, natively support Android, so that makes it convenient for utilizing Play Store apps.

I was pretty surprised that my new Samsung included a Synology app, making my NAS a "source", and I can "cast" pretty much anything from any Android device easily (so no need to use a Chromecast). Also has many of the paid subscriptions included (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu). But I cannot sideload an Android APK, say NFL Gamepass - for some reason I thought that GP was supported on Samsung TVs. For that, I have to use an Android TV box. (Obviously, you can use a wireless keyboard/mouse with an Android TV box.)

Unfortunately there are no reviews online for my model. There is a different 50 UHD model sold in the United States that comes with Roku built in. Mine is a very poor Android system. No Netflix, as it is not certified for Netflix according to Netflix customer service. I downloaded the Netflix app from Playstore (can access Playstore) but after an update to the app it no longer worked. The Android on my TV is KitKat (4+) and the new app requires Lollipop (5).

Also, the built in media player does not support many files playable on Samsung and LG.

I use a Minix box to get around this problem, but this is not necessary with Samsung and LG. This is an unnecessary expense with the TCL, offsetting the cheaper price. I would sell it in a heartbeat...

Edited by bobbin
additional information

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

as it has a very poor "smart" interface.

Cannot see me getting another Smart TV again. Way too limited on "smart" features that have short lifespans, compared to connecting a small Android device to the back that is both configurable, upgrade-able for 70USD or less.

Currently I have a TCL and Beelink GT1 Ultimate for my SmartTv set up using just one remote control, but there are many choices.

8 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Cannot see me getting another Smart TV again. Way too limited on "smart" features that have short lifespans, compared to connecting a small Android device to the back that is both configurable, upgrade-able for 70USD or less.

Currently I have a TCL and Beelink GT1 Ultimate for my SmartTv set up using just one remote control, but there are many choices.

Good point, a box or stick will do just fine. Sony has some good and fair priced choices...full Android and up-gradable.

Regards.  MS>

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2017 at 11:11 AM, bobbin said:

Unfortunately there are no reviews online for my model. There is a different 50 UHD model sold in the United States that comes with Roku built in. Mine is a very poor Android system. No Netflix, as it is not certified for Netflix according to Netflix customer service. I downloaded the Netflix app from Playstore (can access Playstore) but after an update to the app it no longer worked. The Android on my TV is KitKat (4+) and the new app requires Lollipop (5).

Also, the built in media player does not support many files playable on Samsung and LG.

I use a Minix box to get around this problem, but this is not necessary with Samsung and LG. This is an unnecessary expense with the TCL, offsetting the cheaper price. I would sell it in a heartbeat...

I have a similar poor opinion here of my TCL FHD Smart TV. The TV part is OK, but the "smart" part is terrible, balky and slow to start. As noted, the TCL smart TVs in Thailand, at least thus far, are NOT the Roku versions found in the U.S.  My TCL was clearly aimed at the Chinese/Thai market with a ridiculously bad and limited TCL app store, no access to Google Play, and apparently some very old version of Android hiding underneath. It was possible to sideload some regular Android apps, but when I did, it seemed to make the "smart" parts of the TV start behaving erratically. So I ended up uninstalling those.

Part of the problem with TCL models sold here is most of the reviews that can be found are either in Thai or Chinese language, which isn't really helpful for most farangs here. And as noted, you can't actually test view the smart features in the TV retailer shops, because the TVs on the shelves are pretty much never connected to live TV or live internet feeds -- only the closed circuit feeds used in the stores. It wasn't until I got the TV home and actually hooked up that I could discover just how bad the "smart" functionality is.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:11 AM, bobbin said:

This is an unnecessary expense with the TCL, offsetting the cheaper price. I would sell it in a heartbeat...

I wouldn't. My next TV will be a non smart version again, probably even a TCL as they are cheap. Smart TV's with built in smarts loose value fast. With my TV I will plug in the latest Android box thro the HDMI and it will be smarter than anything Samsung makes. I have a couple of Samsung smart TV's and only ever use them with an Android device plugged in.

The main reason I went with the "smart" TCL TV when I did last year was that it came with 3 HDMI ports and an Ethernet port, which I liked because I knew I was going to be using it with boxes/dongles, whereas their comparable NON-smart models had only 2 HDMI ports and no Ethernet.

IF their newer models actually incorporate the Google Play Store and a modern version of Android, I might get one again. But if they're still coming with TCL's own crippled, Chinese-oriented app store, as mine did, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Built-in Smart TV Android is pretty much a waste IMO.  It's going to be limited/underpowered/etc., compared to any separate Android box you will buy....an Android box which you will probably swapout/upgrade several times over the timespan you have the TV.

Edited by Pib