Arrest warrant issued for former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra over court no show, trial delayed to 27 September

webfact

C'mon guys, you are trying to excuse the coup with semantics. 

We all know the timeline. 

Ok then, the coup was to remove Thaksin Shinawatra from political office. Better?

Well let's call a spade a spade.

The coup ( both coups) were the last desperate throws of the dice by the political dinosaurs of the Thai feudal elite, determined to prevent the serfs from choosing a Shinawatra to govern the country.

They couldn't win it, so they took it.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He dodged a jail sentence thats winning but he lost his homeland, thai life, his thai business life and gained a luxury apartment in Dubai and shopping in the Mall of the Emirates, thats losing. 
       I would even guess he misses the thai weather and seasons. No more golf on a crisp morning in Chiang Mai during the cool season. No banter with his hiso business mates after the game.

There again he is alive. I rather doubt that had he entered the jail system he would have come out alive.

Much the same applies to his sister...

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well let's call a spade a spade.

The coup ( both coups) were the last desperate throws of the dice by the political dinosaurs of the Thai feudal elite, determined to prevent the serfs from choosing a Shinawatra to govern the country.

They couldn't win it, so they took it.

And maybe they saved the populace from a ruthless absconded convicted criminal and greedy dictator who buys his desires with money not credibility, honesty, sincerity, workable policies.

Edited by scorecard

23 minutes ago, baboon said:

Nice little place she's got...

Regardless of the piles of money needed to build a palatial mansion with huge double teak doors, sweeping staircases, vaulted ceilings, candelabras, columns and gargoyles, hidden by creative landscaping trees, ponds, waterfalls and fountains, they still manage to nail a totally sh!t HomePro mailbox to the outside wall.

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And maybe they saved the populace from a ruthless greedy dictator who buys his desires with money not credibility, honesty, sincerity, workable policies.

Well, the ones they didn't kill, anyway...

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Hope she has not done a runner,maybe tending the mushrooms and forgot she had an appointment.

regards worgeordie

Well priorities do override the mundane things in life. 

Now that she is gone with the junta blessing and most likely PTP will not participate in the election, the future after October does look quite intimidating. There is a someone who would like to halt the military power and it is not Thaksin. Will hold my breathe and hope it will be swift and successful. Will also tamper my last laugh. 

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

A masterstroke by the Shinawatras again.

Egg on the face of the junta, headlines in the international press... 

My word, I am in awe of the way they have gamed the junta on this one. 

:clap2:

Sadly, I think you genuinely believe what you wrote.

At 30m for sacrificing bail I would call that 'egg on face'.

4 minutes ago, Bannoi said:

It could be that she was tipped off about the verdict or on the other hand she might have just forgot she was meant to be there.

Just as it was getting interesting as well.

If she's gone and I really, really hope she has it will be quite entertaining what those in power will say as well as Suthep and his mates, looking forward to it actually after 3 years of having all their own way.they've just had a massive kick in the nuts

Edited by Dave67

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Now that she is gone with the junta blessing and most likely PTP will not participate in the election, the future after October does look quite intimidating. There is a someone who would like to halt the military power and it is not Thaksin. Will hold my breathe and hope it will be swift and successful. Will also tamper my last laugh. 

Just your typical rubbish.

25 minutes ago, Saladin said:

The trial is over. Today was just supposed to be for the Court to deliver its verdict. Why does it need to be postponed for a month?

Why, similar to the Olympics, let the games begin -  the start of  useless competition- - my thingy is better / bigger / more useful than yours. 

From reading the Thai press articles that are popping up every 5 minutes, this is what I can gather. Remember my only means of translation is google so I am not 100% accurate.

The latest rumours spread is that Miss Yingluck had traveled to Cambodia on August 24th using normal channels. Before boarding a private plane to fly to Singapore at 21.00 hrs to meet with Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, then proceed to Dubai. United Arab Emirates However, there is no confirmation. Miss Yingluck's travels to Singapore rumors continue to circulate and there are reports that. Mr Thaksin has been in Singapore since last week

Edited by Wilsonandson

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect they won't be arresting her, as she has quite possibly followed in Red Bull "Boss" footsteps and gone already. If so Prayut will be apoplectic. On a political charge like this, no country would extradite her.

Maybe Prayut will be pleased if she has fled the scene. 

1 hour ago, than said:

Non sence and trolling

Fugitive Polanski fled US before court give verdict in his case, like YL try to fled Thailand before conclusion of her trial

The point being made is that you are being disingenuous by drawing an obviously intentional parallel between Polanski and YL.
As much as you obviously must loathe her, she is being persecuted for political reasons.  Any attempt at denying that is fallacious at best. If negligence and corruption were the true motivations, there is a long list of people that achieve power, influence, and wealth through means that are no less questionable than the ones for which YL was brought to trial.

I cannot imagine that you believe that justice can be delivered to her or to anyone associated with her politic as that would make you exceptionally naive.
Which means that your views include support for the military regime and the methods used to gain power.  That is fine, but if that is the case, you are being intellectually dishonest by voicing your disdain for her contempt for the rule of law yet giving support to another group of people whose contempt for the rule of law was essential in their justification to grab power through if your display of contempt regarding a person that chooses to ignore the rule of law. It only exposes a bias that effectively neutralizes your ability to condemn anybody for not observing the law. 

So, I am curious about the Latin adage you quote in your profile. "Si vis pacem, para bellum". I am curious about you choosing it considering that it is part of the only surviving ancient manual of Roman military institutions. However, you might know of it due to other reasons, as it is used as the motto of Alpha Company of the United States Marine Corps School of Infantry West, based out of Camp Pendleton, California - among others.

1 minute ago, NeutralVoice said:

The point being made is that you are being disingenuous by drawing an obviously intentional parallel between Polanski and YL.
As much as you obviously must loathe her, she is being persecuted for political reasons.  Any attempt at denying that is fallacious at best. If negligence and corruption were the true motivations, there is a long list of people that achieve power, influence, and wealth through means that are no less questionable than the ones for which YL was brought to trial.

I cannot imagine that you believe that justice can be delivered to her or to anyone associated with her politic as that would make you exceptionally naive.
Which means that your views include support for the military regime and the methods used to gain power.  That is fine, but if that is the case, you are being intellectually dishonest by voicing your disdain for her contempt for the rule of law yet giving support to another group of people whose contempt for the rule of law was essential in their justification to grab power through if your display of contempt regarding a person that chooses to ignore the rule of law. It only exposes a bias that effectively neutralizes your ability to condemn anybody for not observing the law. 

So, I am curious about the Latin adage you quote in your profile. "Si vis pacem, para bellum". I am curious about you choosing it considering that it is part of the only surviving ancient manual of Roman military institutions. However, you might know of it due to other reasons, as it is used as the motto of Alpha Company of the United States Marine Corps School of Infantry West, based out of Camp Pendleton, California - among others.

Semper fi

Popular belief attributes it to the Roman author Vegetius, whose phrase" Igitur desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum", taken from Epitoma Rei Militaris, is very similar to it. The sentence is located in an extract that emphasizes the importance of a good preparation of military actions, contrasted with random dependence or numerical superiority: "Thus, whoever desires peace should prepare for war. Whoever desires victory should carefully train his soldiers. Those who want favorable results should fight based on their abilities and not luck. " - Végèce, Epitoma Rei Militaris

This is the motto of Her Majesty's Naval Service also call Royal Navy

I must totally agree with this 

5 minutes ago, NeutralVoice said:

I must totally agree with this post . Yingluk knowing it is political persecution in my humble opinion has fled Thailand for friendlier shores 

3 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

My money says she's out the country already having a laugh with her brother and the Red Bull killer.

To link her with that playboy Red Bull is absurd and it's not even funny. She's in Singapore as the verdict was a foregone conclusion.

She who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day. 

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect they won't be arresting her, as she has quite possibly followed in Red Bull "Boss" footsteps and gone already. If so Prayut will be apoplectic. On a political charge like this, no country would extradite her.

Rich kids, rich monks, and rich politicians fleeing the country.  Money rules again.  Time for the junta to change their mindset?