Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Where's the concrete proof she did a runner?

Thanks in advance.

(Please no links to the regurgitated CNN story where an un-named source said she fled, or any articles that give us escape routes with no proof whatsoever. Thanks in advance).

She is a good mother, and a fantastic wife. Just ask  anyone on sukhumvit.

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Mr Steven we may not agree but even you know the Junta facilitated her departure right? and if that is the case then she hardly 'escaped'. Or are you trying to tell me the Junta did not know where she is?  they have been tailing her for years!  come on now even you cannot believe she slipped passed the 4000 police un-noticed  LOL

Pablo Escabar did. why couldn't she do it.

16 hours ago, Tharathorn said:

she actually fled and left her son in thailand.that really tells what kind of person yingluck is.

she did the right thing! her son can continue to study, his father can take care of him (until she can come back) and both they can take a flight to Dubai to stay together at any time they want! very good and reasonable decision! congratulations Yingluk! 

1 minute ago, choudens said:

she did the right thing! her son can continue to study, his father can take care of him (until she can come back) and both they can take a flight to Dubai to stay together at any time they want! very good and reasonable decision! congratulations Yingluk! 

"...she did the right thing...."

Oh the irony!

3 hours ago, choudens said:

I totally agree ! And anyway it seems that you all forget that she can BUY all the private teachers that she wants ! So funny that so many people keep thinking like poor when they are talking about millionaire or billionaire... Any idea that we are not living on the same planet ? Red bull heir is trying to explain you !

On 26/08/2017 at 6:04 AM, AGareth2 said:

hope she is seen somewhere soon

been a day

Singapore has no record of her

I hope she is alive and well

and not one of the disappeared!

Ah, glad you mention the "disappeared", but don't forget the other murdered 2,500 by her brother... Maybe she fell out of the helicopter like some of them?

Guessing of course like everyone else, but perhaps Thaksin wanted her to stay to play the martyr role if she got jail time. However,  once she realized the range of clothing and boots available in the prison shop was rather limited  she changed her mind. 

Your venom and bile cannot be disguised.I say this not to provoke but in real puzzlement that an intelligent person can be so consumed with hatred.Not unusual of course and I am fairly certain I know what lies behind this irrational hatred - not you personally but the Sino Thai urban middle class group think.

As you say you are just guessing.Equally plausible is the thought she got wind of the stupidly long sentences in prospect and with Junta connivance slipped out of the country with Thaksin organising it.I understand there was a very real possibility of bail being denied.

Outside the bizarro world of Thai politics she would not have gaol time at all - at most a ban from taking political office for a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, jayboy said:

Your venom and bile cannot be disguised.I say this not to provoke but in real puzzlement that an intelligent person can be so consumed with hatred.Not unusual of course and I am fairly certain I know what lies behind this irrational hatred - not you personally but the Sino Thai urban middle class group think.

As you say you are just guessing.Equally plausible is the thought she got wind of the stupidly long sentences in prospect and with Junta connivance slipped out of the country with Thaksin organising it.I understand there was a very real possibility of bail being denied.

Outside the bizarro world of Thai politics she would not have gaol time at all - at most a ban from taking political office for a time.

Her maximum sentence was 10 years. She would probably have got 5 years. With good behaviour, she could have been out in 2 or 3 years.

But as with the Shinawats, cowardice wins the day.

Outside the world of Thai politics most governments don't promise double the market price for produce, regardless of quality or quantity and then ignore all warnings of the damage the policy is causing.

Her maximum sentence was 10 years. She would probably have got 5 years. With good behaviour, she could have been out in 2 or 3 years.
But as with the Shinawats, cowardice wins the day.
Outside the world of Thai politics most governments don't promise double the market price for produce, regardless of quality or quantity and then ignore all warnings of the damage the policy is causing.

I think you are wrong.More importantly every serious foreign authority thinks you are wrong.Do you think those seizing power by force deserve jail time? No of course you don't.But Yingluck's offence was much less serious.I can understand why many want to exterminate the influence of Shinawatra (read popular democracy) but some self awareness is needed to explain the vindictiveness and selective indignation.

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

I think you are wrong.More importantly every serious foreign authority thinks you are wrong.Do you think those seizing power by force deserve jail time? No of course you don't.But Yingluck's offence was much less serious.I can understand why many want to exterminate the influence of Shinawatra (read popular democracy) but some self awareness is needed to explain the vindictiveness and selective indignation.

Rakkiart Sukthana, the former Health Minister was sentenced to 15 years jail for corruption and was released after serving nearly a third of his sentence. Yingluck would have got the same treatment, especially with thousands of red shirts camped outside the jail.

I do think those seizing power by force should be in jail, as Suthep should be for his Bangkok shutdown farce.

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Not true, just your usual strategy making substantive statements with no or very little factual basis.

Huh? Bit feeble by your standards.I can quote you several heavyweight sources conceding the mismanagement of the rice scheme but emphasizing the political vendetta.You can't come up with one independent source.

26 minutes ago, Siripon said:

Rakkiart Sukthana, the former Health Minister was sentenced to 15 years jail for corruption and was released after serving nearly a third of his sentence. Yingluck would have got the same treatment, especially with thousands of red shirts camped outside the jail.

I do think those seizing power by force should be in jail, as Suthep should be for his Bangkok shutdown farce.

Noted.But what about those who seize the whole country by force?

4 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Noted.But what about those who seize the whole country by force?

Ah but let's not forget the old 'amnesty for the Junta' trick whilst condemning 'others' for trying such a ruse. That section 44 is such a handy tool don't ya think?  Just imagine if Yingluck has come up with Section 44?????

5 minutes ago, Siripon said:

I already gave you my answer!

Actually you didn't but I won't press you further.Sometimes I just get weary at all this (don't have a dog in the race - just a wish that Thailand does well and looks after its people) but I appreciate your views.

It seems rather significant that neither Cambodia, Singapore, or UAE have any record of this individual passing through immigration (according to the news today). Maybe she still is here???

I could understand how she might evade authorities in Cambodia, but Singapore and UAE??? Doubtful.

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

It seems rather significant that neither Cambodia, Singapore, or UAE have any record of this individual passing through immigration (according to the news today). Maybe she still is here???

I could understand how she might evade authorities in Cambodia, but Singapore and UAE??? Doubtful.

do you think she is stupid also and/or don't have the cash to have another passport from Montenegro or any other country?

On 8/27/2017 at 0:37 PM, ovi1kanobi said:

Pablo Escabar did. why couldn't she do it.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:32 PM, ovi1kanobi said:

She is a good mother, and a fantastic wife. Just ask  anyone on sukhumvit.

I hope the mods don't give me another suspension for abuse , but these are sick and disgusting suggestions, similar to the sexist abuse that was dished out to Yingluck from Day One of her premiership. 

On 8/27/2017 at 5:57 AM, Siripon said:

the junta would not dare risk any blood poisoning etc,

Why not? Are any previous cases of blood poisoning in jail now the subject of widespread public discussion? If such a thing happened or if Yingluck were to hang herself by her socks or stockings, would official enquiries and parliamentary committees be set up to examine the case? I think it more likely that the populace would be cowed into agreement with the officially sanctioned version. You can get a long time in jail for publishing "false or distorted" information.

On 8/26/2017 at 11:00 AM, joecoolfrog said:

The corruption tackling has looked pretty selective up to now.When an independent organisation confirms that the overall corruption index has fallen markedly , that is the time to claim progress has been made.

As you say , to tackle corruption wholesale reform to entities such as the police need to be made , yet no attempts at all have been attempted , thats suggests it was never intended in the first place.

Quite right. Just as important, no suggestions or processes have been made for army reform.

On 8/26/2017 at 9:19 AM, jing jing said:

Problem is, with a mostly poor and uneducated electorate, whoever offers the most generous compensation for their vote will win every time.  Doesn't matter that it's all just a lie told to get into power; any politician who was honest would never stand a chance of being elected here.

The whole charade is so predictable if you stop to think about it, yet most westerners can never really quite fathom how things work here.

But somehow you can? What gives you these amazing powers? If you stop to think about it, you might come up with a completely different analysis. For instance, the idea that the poor and rising rural  middle class got things they liked from Thaksin - health care, village funds, a sense that they were respected, a say in things etc. As for them being "uneducated", the best quote I have ever heard from a Thaksin supporting farmer was something like this. "Yeah, those people from Bangkok are right. We used to be stupid. We're not so stupid any more".

28 minutes ago, tomta said:

I hope the mods don't give me another suspension for abuse , but these are sick and disgusting suggestions, similar to the sexist abuse that was dished out to Yingluck from Day One of her premiership. 

That disgusting individual called her son a retard. Come on mods. Maintain decorum in this forum. 

On 9/3/2017 at 5:18 PM, tomta said:

Why not? Are any previous cases of blood poisoning in jail now the subject of widespread public discussion? If such a thing happened or if Yingluck were to hang herself by her socks or stockings, would official enquiries and parliamentary committees be set up to examine the case? I think it more likely that the populace would be cowed into agreement with the officially sanctioned version. You can get a long time in jail for publishing "false or distorted" information.

The previous cases you mention were all of men only known in limited circles. Yingluck is in a completely different category.

Believe me, if she was found dead in a police cell, the junta would face serious unrest and international condemnation on a scale that would not make such action possible.

Archived