Thailand's former PM Yingluck fled to Dubai - senior party members

rooster59

6 hours ago, rixalex said:

And all through history people have fled when confronted with justice.

Traditionally history has been written by the victors/subjugators. In so many cases it has been false

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Are we suggesting she just walked out of the country in the normal manner....??  Surely she was being watched 24/7  ??

Surely you do not understand exactly how this country works?  
Naievity, naievity - how sweet thine kiss?

3 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

There are some ill-informed, ignorant comments on here, especially two of the first four posters. The charges and whole charade was politically orchestrated to remove two leaders who are too popular with the masses from the political scene so the establishment can continue to have their own way. 

Thats it in a nutshell!

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Surely you do not understand exactly how this country works?  
Naievity, naievity - how sweet thine kiss?

Good job then I can spell naivety....................................

I would have little doubt that Yinluck is now in Dubai .  I expect she made her escape with official help .  The government can paint her as a coward , that she knew she was guilty and likely to be sentenced to prison , to be made an example of .  Yingluk sentenced to prison would cause unrest in Thailand , especially in the north and northeast .  Yingluk out of the country will soon be forgotten and not declared a political martyr , as she would have been in prison .

1 minute ago, Toscano said:

I would have little doubt that Yinluck is now in Dubai .  I expect she made her escape with official help .  The government can paint her as a coward , that she knew she was guilty and likely to be sentenced to prison , to be made an example of .  Yingluk sentenced to prison would cause unrest in Thailand , especially in the north and northeast .  Yingluk out of the country will soon be forgotten and not declared a political martyr , as she would have been in prison .

wrong

1 minute ago, Toscano said:

Yes I think this is the best result for the country.  The sooner the Shinawatra family are forgotten the better.

6 hours ago, harada said:

Breaking news: Yingluck seen in a Chiang Mai restaurant last night with Jimmy Hendrix and Elvis. :biggrin:

Would have been more funny had it been posted by TV member LordLucan...

But today she is out riding Shergar.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

The disgusting nature of Prayuth's govt is undeniable

Foremost among their failings, which you recognise in your rant, is the use of courts as political weapons to 'get' your opponents. Her actions are completely understandable, sensible, and even morally defensible in such circumstances.

You'd have to spend a lot of time in Fairyland to think, if you happened to become a 'person of interest' to the authorities in the future, that you could rely on such a justice system's independence and integrity to protect your rights under law.

The whole process has been a sad debacle for Thailand and its international reputation.

Just now, BigCinBKK said:

If you know she's in Dubai....GO AND <deleted> ARREST HER!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What you mean like her brother?  Why do you think he lives in Dubai.... because it is a safe haven for criminals like the Shinawatra clan.

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Like the Red Bull heir you mean. It is awful being persecuted just for killing a cop by mowing him down in a Ferrari while under the influence..

Yingluck is also in the privileged group who has 'acquired' enough cash that they can do whatever they want, no matter how illegal and then run away when found out.

You may support the murder of an innocent and robbing the country of billions but I find that repugnant.

The fleeing of the "Boss" was not politically motivated, he was not being persecuted by a political party that overthrew your legally elected government he actually committed a crime

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Like the Red Bull heir you mean. It is awful being persecuted just for killing a cop by mowing him down in a Ferrari while under the influence..

Yingluck is also in the privileged group who has 'acquired' enough cash that they can do whatever they want, no matter how illegal and then run away when found out.

You may support the murder of an innocent and robbing the country of billions but I find that repugnant.

Robbing the country of billions? Try comparing it to the Trillions the US republican party has stolen from the worker class rewarding corporations for sending American jobs to Communist China, India, Costa Rica, Mexico... as well as I ncreasing taxes on the workers to give billionaires more tax breaks. 

From what I have read the losses in the rice plan were caused by a drop in the price of rice which has been manipulated by members of the yellows. And I also understand the losses have also been inflated. 

7 hours ago, seajae said:

the only ones that flee are the criminal elements that are guilty and do not want to be locked up, has nothing to do with being innocent. This was all about money and jail time, she is the same as thaksin, think they are above the law and will never accept any guilt for what they have done, can only hope karma gets both of them

At least they are not really above the law, the people currently running the show are. Surpirsed I never saw you object to that. 

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Buying things from farmers for more than they are worth happens all over the world, opposition parties may like to criticise it by calling it populism but other praise it for how it keeps the vital farmers afloat.  The EU does it in the form of subsidies, one in five of the biggest subsidies going to someone on the Times rich list.  Anyway, did Thaksin line his pockets with billions?  I recall him starting politics already a billionaire, an attempted confiscation and the courts giving him back his money that turned out to have been his all along!

You recall him starting politics already a billionaire, with money stolen from the Thai people.  Why don't you recall where those billions came from?

8 hours ago, seajae said:

the only ones that flee are the criminal elements that are guilty and do not want to be locked up, has nothing to do with being innocent. This was all about money and jail time, she is the same as thaksin, think they are above the law and will never accept any guilt for what they have done, can only hope karma gets both of them

You have no idea of what you are taking about, those who flee do so as those who put charges against people are as corrupt as hell and more so in this place. Utter shameful and says a lot about the country where it has been proved you cannot trust many. Don't come crying when the S>>> its the fan.